PDA

View Full Version : Verena Knitting - A New Magazine?

auburnchick
10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi all!

I received a lovely new knitting magazine in the mail yesterday. It's called Verena Knitting. It's the Summer 2008 issue. There's a web site for it too. You can go here (http://www.verenaknitting.com/) to see it.

I have no idea how I received it, but it has some gorgeous patterns in it. I mean, it's LOADED with patterns.

:passedout:

Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you had seen it.

KnittingNat
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Nathalie,
I posted about Verena going to US about 2 months ago. It's a Burda knitting magazine that has been around in Europe for years. If i'm correct, it has no articles, but TONS of patterns, really chic ones. So it's new in the States, but you can see lots and lots of lovely patterns knitted from there by Russian and other European knitters on Ravelry. I don't even go close to it, because i know i'll just go nuts over the selection :teehee:. Enjoy!

thecatsmother
10-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Boy it looks really great I wonder if it's in canada.I'll have to look for it

Jax3303
10-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I got a copy of that in the mail a week or so ago. I too, have no idea how i got on their mailing list. The magazine was loaded with patterns, but IMHO they were all either really ugly or the type that would only look good on people smaller than a size 1. There's nothing in there I would even consider knitting.

scout52
10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I love the magazine. Love all the patterns. I love how they tell you how they accesorize the pattern. They are very stylish and I personally think they flatter many body shapes.

I like that they include men and kids patterns (even though I don't have kids, I do have other people's kids to knit for) . They have lovely accessories to knit as well.

Mirl56
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I just got a copy of it yesterday. I don't remember doing it, but I probably went to the website and requested a free issue before signing up.

There were quite a few things in it I liked, however, very few in the plus size range.