PDA

View Full Version : Is this pattern OK for a man?

FaeMelusine
10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
I'd love some opinions on this.
I've been looking for some wrist warmers to knit for someone who suffers terrible arthritis in his hands.
I like these because they come up the hand a long way, but not far enough to obstruct the finger knuckles.

I'm concerned the cabling is a bit girly though?

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTdashing.html

Thanks for reading!

FaeMelusine:hug: :hug:

Doublereeder2
10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I think it is plenty manly. What a thoughtful gift....

dustinac
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I made these for my dad and what I did was used a darker yarn that had a tweed look to it...You may try that and see...I know dad does wear them when he is working outside :thumbsup:

cacunn
10-17-2008, 11:09 AM
As a man I would wear them. If I were to change anything (I'm not saying it is necessary) it might be to do the cable twist more than once.

But as Dustinac says a darker color is all that you probably need.

MMario
10-17-2008, 11:20 AM
?? Fisherman's sweaters aren't "girly" why would a very modest cable on a handwarmer be so?

kellee0302
10-17-2008, 11:45 AM
I think they are fine for a man. But you could leave out the cable twist and just have a ribbing if you're concerned.

hartleystudio
10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I think they are awesome and I think even my husband would wear them, which is saying somehting!

What a nice gift!!!

Jan in CA
10-17-2008, 01:56 PM
I think they'd be great...as long as they aren't pink. :teehee: I love those mitts!

Jaxhil
10-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Yep-I, too, think they are plenty manly-especially in a nice masculine color, of course. I made DH a similar pair last year, and they were just a really easy rib pattern all the way~very simple for me and definitely masculine. That's a possibility for you if you really have doubts.

I want to make this pattern too, I must admit :p

Good luck deciding!