PDA

View Full Version : knitting poem...

shelluie
10-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm knitting some hats for christmas gifts for my daycare children and would like to add a poem with the hats...something maybe about "love in every stitch" or something along those lines. Does anyone know of a cute poem like that? tia!

RuthieinMaryland
10-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi! :waving:

I couldn't resist! This just popped out! What great gifts you're planning, and so totally from the heart! :hug:

Every stitch contains a wish
To keep you warm and cozy,
When winter winds blow wild and free
And your cheeks are pink and rosy,
You'll have this warm and loving gift
Made specially for you
To keep your noggin toasty warm
With love and stitches, too!

Ruthie :muah:

toymom
10-22-2008, 09:37 AM

I couldn't resist! This just popped out! What great gifts you're planning, and so totally from the heart! :hug:

Every stitch contains a wish
To keep you warm and cozy
When winter winds blow wild and free
And your cheeks are pink and rosy
You'll have this warm and loving gift
Made specially for you
To keep your noggin nice and warm
With love and stitches, too!

Ruthie :muah:

That is very good! I like it!

shelluie
10-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh Ruthie - I love this poem!! Thanks so much for sharing it - it will be perfect to add to their gift!

cindycactus
10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I am making felted hats for all the girls in our family and that will be a wonderful poem to add. I will give you credit for the poem. :muah:

sn0wwhite
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Ruthie, that is a beautiful poem! inspiring too!

Jan in CA
10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Dang, you're good Ruthie! I have an idea! :figureditout: Write up little poems like this and include them on the First page of each chapter of your book!!

RuthieinMaryland
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
JAN!!!!:muah:

You're a GENIUS! I love coming up with poems for various things but I've been so buried in knits and purls, etc. that I didn't even think about this! THANK YOU! (NOTE: I'm writing a knitting book for projects using cotton yarn.)

And everyone else... thanks so much for your remarks. Please feel free to use the poem whenever you'd all like! I get so much from this site I love it when I can give something valuable back!

Happy gifting, everyone!

Ruthie :hug:

Jan in CA
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm so glad you like the idea! If you add somewhere in the book that readers can use the poems so that would be neat, too. ;)
JAN!!!!:muah:

You're a GENIUS! I love coming up with poems for various things but I've been so buried in knits and purls, etc. that I didn't even think about this! THANK YOU! (NOTE: I'm writing a knitting book for projects using cotton yarn.)

And everyone else... thanks so much for your remarks. Please feel free to use the poem whenever you'd all like! I get so much from this site I love it when I can give something valuable back!

Happy gifting, everyone!

RuthieinMaryland
10-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm so glad you like the idea! If you add somewhere in the book that readers can use the poems so that would be neat, too. ;)

Yes, Jan! :)

I'm planning to make the use of the patterns, and now poems:thud: , as loose as possible while still protecting the actual book itself from pirating.

Knitters are SO generous, I want the readers to be able to share among themselves freely, and that includes the poems!

I've already made notes for some of the chapter poems... you (and this thread!) REALLY started the ball rolling! What fun! :woot:

Ruthie :yay:

RuthieinMaryland
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Oh Ruthie - I love this poem!! Thanks so much for sharing it - it will be perfect to add to their gift!

Hi! :waving: So glad you liked the poem, and glad I could contribute something for you for making such wonderful gifts for your little folks! There's nothing like a hand knit piece for saying "love"! You must have a lot of that to go around!

The very best to you,

RuthieinMaryland
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
I am making felted hats for all the girls in our family and that will be a wonderful poem to add. I will give you credit for the poem. :muah:

What great gifts, Cindy! :hug: You are a very generous and loving knitter, for sure.

Glad the poem will come in handy.

Ruthie :woot:

RuthieinMaryland
10-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Ruthie, that is a beautiful poem! inspiring too!

Thanks so much. Please feel free to use it whenever you want. This is one of the most inspiring sites I've ever seen so I'm glad I can keep a little balance in!