PDA

View Full Version : 850 mini socks~1012 made~777 received CHECK FOR WINNER

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Jan in CA
11-21-2008, 02:02 AM
The total must be even higher now! Amazing! :yay:

Lisa1216
11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Julie~Will Becky be letting you know who she received stockings from so if any get lost we will know and can try and track them?

We are over 900 stockings!!! :woot:

momwolf
11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
If you want to know if it arrives you should probably get a tracking number.I'm not sure how she is keeping track:shrug:
I have e-mailed Becky and I am waiting for a reply.

mks22300
11-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I sent mine off to Becky yesterday, haven't checked my tracking yet, but hopefully she'll get them tomorrow or Monday. :)
Here's the three that I made and the two that my mom crocheted.

momwolf
11-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Your socks are DARLING and your moms too:yay:
Thank you and mom sooooo much for knitting socks :hug:

newbieknitter
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Mine were mailed today. Should be there Tuesday-ish.

momwolf
11-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Becky has received 385 socks so far.She's gonna send me a list of names in a couple of days.

ritaw
11-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Mks your socks are beautiful and your mums too. :)

TrikkeAddict
11-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I mailed mine on Friday by priority mail, so they should get there early this week. In my haste to get them out I forgot to put a note in the box!! :doh:

Susan

thecatsmother
11-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Julie
I sent mine to you,did they arrive OK ? they were sent regular parcel post on nov 7th.

momwolf
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes they did ,Sorry I didn't post that they had arrived:doh:

jpenguin
11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Julie,

Been away from the computer for most of the week. WOW! :yay: to all that we got accomplished in such a little time. I have finally finished all that I can get out of the three skeins of yarn I had. I finished a total of 32 stockings. I will be mailing them out tomorrow.

Everyone have a blessed & safe Thanksgiving this week.

momwolf
11-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Jody -Thank you so much for all your help in this project:hug::woohoo:I really appreciate it:hug::muah:
You having safe and Happy Thanksgiving too:teehee:

momwolf
11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Here is the e-mail I just received from Becky thought I'd share with you:hug:

Hi Julie,

Total so far is 587. We've been stuffing and stuffing and stuffing. It's so much fun!!!!! I wish you were here to enjoy the fun. And to see all the handiwork of our creative knitters. We have a couple knitters from England, and just yesterday I got a APO envelope from Germany. One soldier knitting for others. Isn't it a great blessing!?!?

I got an email from Peter this morning. They are all fine, and expecting guests for Christmas. Ranks starts upwards from a Major, and keeps going. Wow. They are out again on another mission, but will be back soon, a week or 2. I told him what we've been up to, and he was stunned. That so many people care. He's hopping with excitement at being able to hand them out. I think I better buy him a Santa hat, and maybe I should get the Asst. Chaplain a large button that says official elf or something.

Have a great Thanksgiving. Remember, I'm I thankful for you, and for they others you got charged up about some little socks. You have a real gift.

Becky
PS
Oh yeah, we had a sub mailman day before yesterday, and he had to bring the mail to the door in a tote. He wanted to know if we did a lot of stuff on eBay. We told him no, and showed him what we were working on. He started to beam. His son is over there, and recognizes something special when he sees it. He kept thanking us for caring for the troops. I told him I'd like to send one to his son. He would not take one so there would be enough for all of the men with Peter. I'm knitting yet another sock!

I think it would be nice if we could all share patterns for charity purposes only. Some of the socks are breathtaking.and if the pattern they used is copyrighted maybe they can tell up where to buy it, and if they designed it themselves, maybe they could copywrite it, or put on it for charity work only. If we do this again next year, and it sounds like lots of people want to pick up their needles right after Christmas, well variety adds the spice to life!!

momwolf
11-27-2008, 08:05 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_5_14.gif everyone!!!!!!!!!! I am most thankful this year for all you knitters and crocheters who helped make socks for our troops.Say a prayer for our brave soldiers when you sit down to have http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_5_7.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_126.gif

Karina
11-27-2008, 08:14 AM

Sorry it is a bit late but here is a photo of the ten stockings I sent to Becky. I was in such a rush to get them out that I forgot to put a note in with them. Since she mention two knitters from the UK I am hoping my package is one of them. was sent on the 18th of November. I did not stuff them as I fear the postage cost would have bankrupted me.

Hope you all have a great thanks giving day in the US.

momwolf
11-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Karina-Your socks are lovely:yay: Thanks for helping knit socks:hug:and I know what you mean about postage:doh:
Thank you again:muah:

ritaw
11-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Karina - your socks are so cute :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL IN THE US xxxxxx

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah... she got my 'one little sock' that I knitted.. since, I'm sure that I was the APO letter from Germany w/ a sock in it.. However, I'm not a soldier... instead I'm a school teacher teaching the children of the military... but, that's OK... :happydance:

newbieknitter
11-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I was just wondering how many socks had shown up, wondering if Becky was buried under a pile of mini-stockings LOL and decided to check this thread. Hope Becky takes a pic of them all once they're all in one place, would love to see this finished pile.

momwolf
11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that with the total from Raverly an KH we made a toal of 1012 socks:woohoo::woot::cheering::yay::hug::muah:

I will be doing the drawing for the $20.00 Gift certificate to Knit Picks tomorrow morning.I will ask Jan CA to pick a number between 1 and 36. I gave all of you numbers:teehee:

auburnchick
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Wowsa!

:passedout:

My stockings are going out in the mail tomorrow.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/3062249884_da65392d57.jpg

Jan in CA
12-01-2008, 02:16 AM
:passedout: That's a lotta socks! I sent the number, but if you want me to choose again tomorrow instead of sending it tonite let me know. ;)

ritaw
12-01-2008, 02:37 AM
WOW!!!!!! What a great feeling it is to see that number has risen to over 1000. It is amazing and so are all of you guys . :)
Huggzzzz for Julie :) xx

momwolf
12-01-2008, 06:36 AM
The winner for the $20.00 Knit Picks gift certificate is Mulderknitter #18.:yay::woohoo: http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gifJanCA picked the number for me.

Mulderknitter
12-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I never win anything ever! I totally forgot you were doing the drawing! So exciting you just made my whole monday!:woohoo: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

ritaw
12-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Wooohooooooo congratulations Susan :)

Lisa1216
12-01-2008, 09:28 AM
:cheering: Congratulations Susan!! :cheering:

Nathalie~Your stockings look great! :thumbsup:

momwolf
12-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Susan You should be getting it any time by e-mail.Let me know if and when you receive it.:yay:

auburnchick
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Congratulations, Mulder!

:hug:

dustinac
12-01-2008, 09:59 AM
:woot: Congrats!! That is wonderful!!

We mailed out all of our boxes on Friday (sickness and cat drama kept me from going out before then) but she should get it by tomorrow :yay:

Mulderknitter
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
:woot: Congrats!! That is wonderful!!

We mailed out all of our boxes on Friday (sickness and cat drama kept me from going out before then) but she should get it by tomorrow :yay:
Read your blog, so soo sooo happy to see you have your kitty back home safe and sound. :muah:

Jan in CA
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Congratulations, Mulder! :yay:

Mulderknitter
12-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I placed my order today! they sure are confused over there at Knitpicks about their brand new gift certificates! I got a book, an extra needle set, and an alpaca sampler! Thanks again!

Shandeh
12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Woo Hoo! Congratulations, Susan! :muah:

And congratulations to all you wonderful knitters.
You ROCK! :cheering:

cindycactus
12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Congratulations Mulder. :woot: This was such a great project. Will keep knitting all year so I will be ready next year.

momwolf
12-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Mulder you better thank Jan ;) she picked your number:teehee:
Nice that a MN knitter got it:teehee:Keep it in the region :roflhard:
Just need to say once again how I appreciate all the time and effort everybody put into this project:grphug: You are all shining :star:'s in my book:hug: Thanks again everybody:heart:

McKnitty
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Congrats Susan! That is awesome!

FYI - I checked the tracking number and my package was delivered to Becky this morning. :cheering:

auburnchick
12-05-2008, 12:08 AM
The post office delivered my stockings today!

:cheering:

Shakit6909
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I know this is probably over for this year, is it possible that we can continue to keep this alive as a charity for each year?

Thanks-
Shakit

momwolf
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I have sent Becky a second e-mail to find out how what the total was, I sent her a e-mail around the 6th and have not heard back from her so sent her another one today.Will see what she wants to do about next year.Hopefully this blasted war will be over and we won't have to do it next year.
Sorry not to of kept you wonderful people updated but just can't seem to get Becky to answer my e-mails:shrug:

dustinac
12-23-2008, 10:08 AM
My husband and I, have been talking about adopting a unit and doing this again next year if they are not home...or making the stockings and then taking them over to Children's Hospital in Columbus. I want to get the ball going in June or so and get the school's help right off in Sept.

Now that I've done this one I know a little more about what to do...so hoping to get the local radio station and paper's help on getting the word out...doing it this way I'll kinda have more of a feel of what is going on too, as I haven't heard back from her either. :hug:

weezie
12-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the update Jan. We can only imagine how busy Becky must be with over 1000 stockings to fill, not to mention regular daily activities and personal holiday preparations, so I'm sure she'll get back to you when she can and let us all know. I know I've been plenty busy myself and haven't been on the forums much the past few weeks, and all I had to do was knit for this project! This must have been a huge undertaking for her, as it was for you Jan, and I thank you both along with all of us knitters and crocheters who participated.

Dustina, I agree with you about starting early for next year. Planning ahead and giving yourself a lot of time makes it not quite so hectic. As both of you said, hopefully we won't have any troops in wars by next Christmas, but we will probably will have some at least stationed overseas, or there are plenty of good organizations to donate mini socks to otherwise too, so I'm sure we can find a place for another 1000 mini socks to go next year!

I can't wait to hear how we did and hopefully even get to see pictures of the troops receiving them!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

newbieknitter
02-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Just wondering if we ever heard anything??

momwolf
02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry to say Becky has not answered ANY of my e-mails to her :!!!: All the hard work everyone did and she doesn't answer me:hair::shrug::?? Think if we do this next year we better do it ourselves:roll:

ritaw
02-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Hi Julie ,

I am sorry to hear that Becky has not answered your emails . I hope that she does . Maybe she has been unwell or something and has not been able to get to the computer . :hug: