PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 CO for ML

knitpurlgurl
10-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Every tutorial I find on figure 8 for ML has the knitter pulling out the front needle ad knitting the stitches on the back needle. I knit in ML by pulling out the back needle and knitting the stitches on the front needle. I know that this should be a no brainer as far as reversing instructions, but my brain just isn't going there (especially since this is my first time using figure 8). Does anyone know of a tutorial for the way I knit ML to show me a good figure 8? Thanks in advance! :eyes:

Knit4Pie
10-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I usually cast on as they say, then just flip the needles. I don't use the figure 8 though, the magic cast-on (http://knitty.com/issuespring06/FEATmagiccaston.html) is much easier to work with after than the figure 8 one. I should say that the first few times I used these methods, I knit the first few rows as they said (knitting on back needle), and then on 3rd or so row flipped the needles to be knitting on the front needle.

Ronda
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I wondered about this, too, when I used the figure-eight and magic cast on. I think they just like confusing us!

KnittinMitchie
10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
This is how I learned to do toe up on DPNs. I do not like it nor do I care for it. Knit Picks had a toe up tutorial that is much easier or at least from reading it is.

knitpurlgurl
10-28-2008, 07:15 AM
I wondered about this, too, when I used the figure-eight and magic cast on. I think they just like confusing us!

:teehee: