PDA

View Full Version : Intrepreting instructions - Help:)

Grannylocks
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I am working on a vest from Lion brand "Vest in a jiffy No 20064" and
am at the Shoulder and Back neck shaping part and do not get it:(
Please help - it says Cont in pattern, bind off 6 sts at beg of next row, work 7 sts, join 2nd ball of yarn and bind off center 25 sts, work to end. Next row (ws) Bind off 6 sts at beg of row, work to end. Working both sides at once, bind off 7 sts at beg of next 2 rows. I love to knit, however, the directions seem to be my biggest hurdle to completing projects. I was able to know a wonderful sweater with your help this Spring, which was greatly appreciated, so I'm hoping for help with this much simpler vest. Thanx so much.

suzeeq
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
At this point you're going separate the shoulders and BO sts for the neck. BO 6 sts, knit in pattern the next 7 sts. Drop the yarn you're working with and add another strand to BO the next 25 st for the neck and knit the last sts with it. Turn and BO 6 sts, knit to the neck sts, drop that yarn, pick up the yarn on the other side of the neck and finish the row. Next row, BO 7 sts, and I think that's it for that shoulder, pick up the other and finish the other shoulder. Turn and BO 7sts, and you're done.