PDA

View Full Version : What does he need?

Crycket
11-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Hello all

I am at a cross roads...

I knit this (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Crycket/thomas-5) bear for my sister...it is for a baby of a friend of hers...a boy...and I don't know....I think he needs something but I don't know what...

A bow?

A sweater?

Something else?

The pattern for the bear does have a sweater, however, with the yarn I used...any sweater I knit him won't fit...so I will have to do some fiddling around....

what do you think?

RuthieinMaryland
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi! :waving:

What a GREAT bear! :yay: I can see why a sweater won't work. It'd be a shame to try to stuff all that gorgeous fluffiness into a sweater.

But what about a little neckscarf and beret? I could see him in those and they wouldn't hide his fluff!

Anyway, hope this helps!

Happy knitting,
Ruthie :knitting:

ladyjessica
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I think a vest would be cute. He's awfully cute, by the way. I forgot that the first time. hehe.

Knit4Pie
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I voted a bow, but my idea was more along the lines of Ruthie's suggestion...a bow tie and a hat. I was picturing a kind of top hat, but a beret would be good too.

vaknitter
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Goodness - he's gorgeous and adorable just the way he is !! I can see him with a small bowtie or scarf around his neck too. Remember if this is for a tot you don't want anything he can pull off and potentially choke on.

He's sooo cute. What yarn did you use? He looks fuller than the pattern bear wearing the sweater.

Jan in CA
11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I think a vest would be adorable!

mwhite
11-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh My, he's precious! I like the vest or neckscarf/beret ideas!

Mirl56
11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh my gosh, Crycket - he is just the cutest thing! He truely is way cuter then the original with the sweater.

Any of the ideas are good - But I do love him just as he is.

Knitting_Guy
11-06-2008, 07:15 PM
As far as I can see the only thing he needs is a little kid's arms around him.

mks22300
11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I think he looks adorable the way he is! :)

auntcrafty
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
lol -- before looking at everyone else's posts I thought a vest would be a nice addition -- great minds think alike! I do like him "just the way he is", too.

Crycket
11-06-2008, 10:43 PM

That is really sweet....

See...this is why I love it here...I would have never thought of a scarf, or vest....sometimes you just get tunnel vision....

Crycket
11-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Goodness - he's gorgeous and adorable just the way he is !! I can see him with a small bowtie or scarf around his neck too. Remember if this is for a tot you don't want anything he can pull off and potentially choke on.

He's sooo cute. What yarn did you use? He looks fuller than the pattern bear wearing the sweater.

It is Red Heart Plush....I don't know if they make it anymore...but I picked up a bunch of it at Mary Maxim for like $2 a ball...mainly cause it was cheap...the right teddy bear colour...and it makes amazing stuffed toys...I have finished a few with this yarn....

Namely a Elizabeth/Heidi (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Crycket/elizabeth--heidi) bear, and a Robert Bear (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Crycket/robert)

I don't mind knitting with it...but it is a royal pain in the butt to sew projects up with....I think the next one I do, I will sew the pieces together with a little bit of matching embroidery floss....the yarn just fluffs apart when you are pulling the needle though...

The.Knitter
11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
He's fantastic the way he is! I agree with Mason, all he is missing is two chubby little arms around him!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-07-2008, 12:48 AM
vest!

DQ
11-07-2008, 05:23 AM
How about a little waistcoat? It would be easier to put on and take off :mrgreen:

GinnyG
11-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Would love to see him, can you post a picture instead of a link?

teachermom
11-07-2008, 06:54 AM
He is so cute... I was thinking a scarf.

Good job, I know what ever you do, the child who gets this bear will love it.

sue in canada
11-07-2008, 09:15 AM
He is beautiful and looks great as he is, but I think the addition of a little scarf or vest would be very cute.

Abbily
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow, great job! I think he's fabulous just the way he is!

Crycket
11-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Would love to see him, can you post a picture instead of a link?

Sorry about that...just got lazy... when it comes to posting pics, it can be a PITA resizing them *smiles*

luvmykid28
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Too Cute!!! Thanks for the pic. I couldn't see it on Raverly yet.

Anyway IMHO, I think you should leave him the way he is. It have been my experience with my daughter that she always prefers her stuffed animals in the buff. Anytime there are accessories or clothes she removes them and looses them.

jessica555
11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
It have been my experience with my daughter that she always prefers her stuffed animals in the buff. Anytime there are accessories or clothes she removes them and looses them.[/quote]
I was just thinking how my barbie and such never had clothes on and that didn't stop me from dragging them around with me.

Ronda
11-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Awwwwww I like what Mason said, and I agree 100%! A sweater or vest would add to him, but he is pretty perfect the way he is.

gotta knit
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
He's perfect, just the way he is. So cute!

Sunshine's Mom
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM

I agree. Especially for a baby. Less is more. Not that anything you put on it would fall off, but it's one less choking hazard for baby. But, if you really think you need something, I vote for a bow tie.