PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

princessbonniejane
11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Please help me! I am going to disney on my birthday (Nov 14) for super soap weekend! But the last time we went to MGM I started crying when we got to the tower or terror. Needless to say I didn't go on :( I am afraid of dropping. When we went to epcot I almost hyperventilated because I didn't want to go on Mission:Space (Went on ended up loving it!) I can take rockin roller coaster and Mission:Space do you think I'll be able to handle Tower of Terror? Do they drop you all the way down? Will I end up getting sick? I don't want to get sick on my Bday! Please Please Please help me!:flirt:

Jan in CA
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
No one will be able to tell you whether you'll get sick on it or really whether you'll be scared. It's a personal thing and you know your limits. Why do you need to go on it anyway? I never go on those types of rides and there is still plenty to do. Do what you feel comfortable with. Scary rides are not for everyone. :hug:

Knitting_Guy
11-09-2008, 11:31 PM
The most scary thing in the universe is giant green and yellow spotted space frogs. Just remember that as long as there aren't any of those you can handle it.

princessbonniejane
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
The most scary thing in the universe is giant green and yellow spotted space frogs. Just remember that as long as there aren't any of those you can handle it.
:roflhard:

knitgal
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
What a coincidence, my boss and I were talking about the Tower of Terror today! She wouldn't even go on it when she was at Disney.
I think what you should do is not worry about it and see how you feel when you get there. If you feel like going on it then go, if you don't, then don't!

auburnchick
11-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Ok...I speak from experience here, having done the Tower of Terror many times. The last time I went on it, they had changed it from the previous time. You never drop quite all the way, but you do drop a few times...short ones and then longer ones.

Yeah, it's scary, but you'll walk out of there proud of yourself for braving it.

Oh, and just so you know, I'm the biggest scaredy cat ever. I was terrified of the haunted house at the Magic Kingdom, only to hear a little girl, who walked out in front of me, tell her parents how non-scary that was. Yeah, right. My newly married spouse (we were on our honeymoon) looked over at me and laughed.

I've come a long way since then, having gone down Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach...a MUCH scarier ride (nearly straight down body slide).

Go and have fun!

traceleighj
11-10-2008, 08:43 AM
It is true- they have changed the ride so you get a different drop every time. We just went in October and the ride was great as usual :woohoo: . I don't like Mission Space at all so if you could do that....
If worse comes to worse, stand in line and if you decide it's not for you, a CM can show you a way out.
Have a good trip, I'm jealous and :balloons: have a happy birthday. Have yourself a Dole Whip!

princessbonniejane
11-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Ok...I speak from experience here, having done the Tower of Terror many times. The last time I went on it, they had changed it from the previous time. You never drop quite all the way, but you do drop a few times...short ones and then longer ones.

Yeah, it's scary, but you'll walk out of there proud of yourself for braving it.

Oh, and just so you know, I'm the biggest scaredy cat ever. I was terrified of the haunted house at the Magic Kingdom, only to hear a little girl, who walked out in front of me, tell her parents how non-scary that was. Yeah, right. My newly married spouse (we were on our honeymoon) looked over at me and laughed.

I've come a long way since then, having gone down Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach...a MUCH scarier ride (nearly straight down body slide).

Go and have fun!
I'm terrified of the haunted mansion too, close my eyes the entire time.

cftwo
11-10-2008, 03:17 PM
As someone who is both afraid of heights AND gets motion sickness, I think I'm worse off than you are. So when I go to amusement parks (which honestly aren't worth the money for someone who is afraid of heights and gets motion sick), I try to enjoy other things besides the rides. If those rides really bother you, go on other rides. At least you won't be the party pooper refusing to go on ANY of them. :)

princessbonniejane
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
The thing is I have to go on. My family gets really mad at me if i don't. And i wanna see what it's like.

cftwo
11-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Bonniejane - I think I'd be angry with my family if they got angry at me for something like that. It's not like we do it on purpose, or to get attention or something. But it's a lot harder to argue with curiosity. :D In that case, I think you just have to trust that the coasters are built well and inspected regularly and go with it.

Simply_Renee
11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Tower of Terror is my all time favorite #1 best ride ever! I think I rode it 6 times when we went last summer. It IS scary and thrilling. You definitely drop down, then go back up and you can never tell what is going to happen when. It does seem to pull you down rather that just falling- but it isn't jerky when you go down and up.

If you loved Mission to Mars I think you can handle it. Just remember it's just a ride. If you really don't want to go on it- you can just wait in line with your family- and at the top there is an elevator (a regular one :-) you can ride down to wait for your family. If they give you grief- remind them it's your birthday and to leave you alone!

Rockin' Rollercoaster is fun too- and it's over in no time at all so if you're scared- just close your eyes and it will be over soon. The music and black lights are pretty cool though.

Have a great time!

VictoiseC
11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Why don't you sit and knit something and just watch? Knit the terror instead. :teehee:

Jan in CA
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
:???: Some people enjoy being scared, others do not. No one should be ridiculed or made fun of because they don't like it.

I have tried going on these rides, but I just do NOT find being terrified fun like some people do. If you don't want to do it stand up for yourself and tell them that. Then remind them that it is YOUR birthday and you don't enjoy rides like that and you want to enjoy your day.

traceleighj
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Simply_Renee is right, they don't drop you, it pulls you down and it is very smooth. With that being said, I would completely understand if you didn't want to go on it, and I would never force someone into it. But, do stand in the line. The inside is really cool, and you can take the elevator out and meet your group when their ride is done.

jess_hawk
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey, I can't do the Tower of Terror either. OR Roller Coasters actually. Which meant that when we went to Disney when I was in Middle School and deemed mature enough to stay in the gift shop by myself but not go anywhere else, I gained an intimate familiarity with the gift shops of both Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster.
I let my family and friends talk me into trying Space Mountain, but I got 3/4 the way up and totally panicked, fortunately they do have an escape route from the top.
By the way, I was afraid to go in the Haunted Mansion until I actually went on it, when I discovered that really it isn't supposed to be scary (I'm really not afraid of haunted houses except when they have strobe lights in small spaces, I just can't handle that). So we went on it something like 8 times, and screamed to scare anyone around us who had never been on before. No offense meant to those who actually found it scary.

Abbily
11-13-2008, 05:18 PM
If *you* really want to go on it, that's fine. If your family is going to get mad at you over one ride, tell them to put on their big-girl panties and get over it. Then tell them you're going to go do something else and you'll meet them back at Tower of Terror when you're done!