PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Lobby Yarn

sue in canada
11-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I heard yesterday that there is now a Hobby Lobby in Buffalo. What are their good yarns? I will check out the store next time I go to Buffalo as I have never been in a Hobby Lobby.

suzeeq
11-13-2008, 02:08 PM
You'll just have to decide which you like. They carry yarn from Bernat, Caron, RH, Vanna's choice, Lion and sugar n cream as well as their Yarn Bee yarns and a new series called I Love This Yarn/Cotton with Wool soon to come and Bamboospun. They have some sock yarns. Check this week's add http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm?menu=1&page=1 for what's on sale. They also have a 40% coupon this week which you can print off a couple and take with you.

LovelyLinda
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Are there prices and selection much different from Michaels?

molovekayak
11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Hobby Lobby is great!! it is cheaper then Michaels. Don't forget to go online and get their 40% off coupon. Their yarn selection os pretty good. They have a great scrapbooking selection. I always go on both Michael's website and hobby lobby website to see who has the best yarn deals.

cdjack
11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
The selection really varies from store to store. Neither of the Hobby Lobby stores that are near me carry very much Lion Brand. Mostly Yarn Bee, I Love this Yarn, and Bernat. Oh, and some Red Heart . However, the Hobby Lobby near my mom's house has a much better selection.

jessica555
11-13-2008, 04:14 PM
not to be a negative nancy, but I have had horrible luck with hobby lobby brand yarn. Last year I bought five skeins of their brand and all of of them were broken or knotted together at a break. However I have had great luck with all other brands there, and I have often been able to get notions on sale. Oh and the sales clerks have always been great.

Cynamar
11-14-2008, 11:47 PM
I love their Yarn Bee baby yarn for oddball charity blankets when I have to use acrylic.

Knitting_Guy
11-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I've bought a lot of yarn at HL and have pretty much liked it all. I mostly buy Caron Simply Soft from them but have also bought the Vanna's Choice and I Love This Yarn. Admittedly the latter is a really cheap yarn, but it feels better to me than the Red Heart Super Saver crap.

sue in canada
11-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely check it out next time I go to Buffalo.

crazykntter83
11-15-2008, 12:47 PM
I :heart: Hobby Lobby! They have a pretty good needle selection there. Well to me anyway, who doesn't have a lys, and a wal-mart for my more local knitting needs....anyway lol. They carry some good yarn, IMHO. I've gotten some good deals there. Also, when I signed up for my subscription to their weekly newsletter, they gave me a coupon to print out for an additional 40% off, so I thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, hope you enjoy your Hobby Lobby experience as much as I do lol. :happydance: