PDA

View Full Version : Noni Long Weekend Adventure Bag

BJD
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
I am a beginning knitter and have just knitted the 90th row of the bag body and am confused about the next part of the pattern. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan in CA
11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not familiar with this bag and the pattern is not a free one so I have no idea what comes after the 90th row.

When asking questions please be specific with what you are having problems with and always link to the pattern when possible. You can include a small part of the pattern that is giving you trouble so those of us who don't have it can still help.

BJD
11-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm not familiar with this bag and the pattern is not a free one so I have no idea what comes after the 90th row.

When asking questions please be specific with what you are having problems with and always link to the pattern when possible. You can include a small part of the pattern that is giving you trouble so those of us who don't have it can still help.
When knitting the Long Weekend Adventure Bag by Noni, you work in the round for 90 rows. Then on the 91st round you K11; Kf&b in the next 6 sts; K11. Repeat for the opposite short end. In the next round, K11, then put one half of each of the 6 double-stitches on a holder to the outside of the bag like this: Kl, put 1 on a holder, K11. Repeat on opposite short end. Continue untl you have completed 96 rounds total.
BO all sts except those on the holder.
Move the 6 sts from the holder to a double-pointed needle, join a new double strand, and work in St st with the RS facing out for 2 rows. Then increase to 8 stitches as follows: K1, m1, K4;m1, k1.

I believe that I have completed the above knitting correctly.

This is the part that I don't understand:
Put the first and last two stitches on one needle and the middle four on another. Work the 8-st tab in the round on two needles for a total of 12 rows from the start of the tab to the finish. BO.

How do I start knitting when my yarn is in between stitches?
Any help would be appreciated.