PDA

View Full Version : Would you wear this?

zkimom
11-20-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry but to me it looks like a flashing neon sign saying "I have a huge butt."

Wrapped In Crochet (http://www.interweave.com/crochet/books/WrappedInCrochet/page-48-49.asp)

:chair:

lucky_alf2
11-20-2008, 12:35 PM
your comment on the design made me lol -- not my style but it does looks kinda cool.

Abbily
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
LOL I think you're right. Perhaps if I didn't have a huge butt it might be OK, but since I do... definitely not something I would wear. :)

RuthieinMaryland
11-20-2008, 12:45 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

There would never be a reason for anyone to ever ask "Do I look fat in this?"

Thanks for sharing!

Ruthie :chair:

shelluie
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I personally would not wear that, but I think it would look great on someone who is, lets say, a size 2! hee hee

Jan in CA
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I have a small butt (size 6-8) and I absolutely would not wear that either. Looks like a target on her back, too. :doh:

cftwo
11-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm small, but proportionally, I'm a pear. I wouldn't wear lots of stripes across by butt. No way.

LadyFirelyght
11-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority but...

I have a huge butt. We're talking 4 inches bigger than my hips, 12 inches bigger than my waist. I would wear that with the swirl being in the color of the rest of the garment. I don't mind having attention drawn to my butt :)

evona
11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm in the minority too! I have a big butt, but I still would wear that. I think it looks cute :)

Crycket
11-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I have to third the motion...my butt is huge, and do like it...

If you can't beat it...join it....!

Simply_Renee
11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I'd probably wear it.

I never see myself from the back anyway.

:-)

Jan in CA
11-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Well see there... I wouldn't wear on a dare, but others love it! It's nice there are so many choices out there. :thumbsup:

mare-nitt
11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I love the pattern textures, and I would love to wear it and walk in front of my DH and say, honey does this make my butt look big?
Because no matter what, he will say, no honey, not at all! (safe answer)(and I would look for a straight face)

Skater
11-20-2008, 06:14 PM
It would be cute without the bottom part, which makes it look ridiculous, IMO.

cacunn
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Ladies, Ladies you are all to critical of your selves. When a man pats a lady (with her consent) it is nice to have something to hold/pat that is not bone. It is also nice to watch some wiggle as she walks way.
Don't be so negative about your self, unfortunately there are too many people out there to do it for you and their opinion doesn't count.

Plantgoddess+
11-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Just not my style. It seems awfully oversized and floppy. I'd forever be getting hung up on something and hurting myself.

dreamsherl
11-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I love my big butt. I'd wear it.

Cynamar
11-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't think I want to walk around the city with a bullseye on my back!

thecatsmother
11-20-2008, 10:59 PM
I sorta would wear it but I'd make a solid colour and maybe a wee bit shorter.I'd love to see the front side

lelvsdgs
11-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Ladies, Ladies you are all to critical of your selves. When a man pats a lady (with her consent) it is nice to have something to hold/pat that is not bone. It is also nice to watch some wiggle as she walks way.
Don't be so negative about your self, unfortunately there are too many people out there to do it for you and their opinion doesn't count.
Thank you for saying this... :muah:

cacunn
11-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Thank you for saying this... :muah:

Levsdgs I think I should thank you for being a woman and not a stick in slacks. :cheering: :woot::woohoo:

vaknitter
11-21-2008, 07:17 AM
HMM I wonder what Clinton and Stacy of What Not to Wear would have to say about that wrap ?! :teehee:

Quiltlady
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I think even a tiny butt would look BIG in that design.

Jan in CA
11-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I think even a tiny butt would look BIG in that design.

That's what I was saying. :teehee:

VictoiseC
11-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I kinda like it! I especially like you all who say you have a big butt and would wear it!. Actually, the bull's eye on the back draws the attention away from the bottom. I think.

beldaraan
11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I guess I'm in the minority minority then because I have a small butt and would wear something, no ANYTHING, to make it look bigger.

tokmom
11-23-2008, 11:06 PM
LOL, You'd have to have a pretty skinny hiney to pull that off.

Knitting_Guy
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Not my style

KnittingForMySanity
11-24-2008, 08:53 AM
It would be cute without the bottom part, which makes it look ridiculous, IMO.

Exactly what I was thinking! :thumbsup:

MrsP
11-24-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't think I want to walk around the city with a bullseye on my back

I agree with Cyndi- I am not as worried about the butt part as I would be the bullseye on the back!! I love the design, but I don't like the bullseye - maybe if it swirled all the way down? I'm not sure.

I love how there are so many different designs and there really is just something for everyone!!

Mike
11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Just think how small your butt would look once you took it off.

zkimom
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Just think how small your butt would look once you took it off.

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Doublereeder2
11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Nope - that would never touch my body. Period.

VictoiseC
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I guess I'm in the minority minority then because I have a small butt and would wear something, no ANYTHING, to make it look bigger.

Got any pictures to prove that???:teehee::cheering::waving: hi beldy:star:

OffJumpsJack
11-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Would you wear this?
I'm sorry but to me it looks like a flashing neon sign saying "I have a huge butt."

Wrapped In Crochet (http://www.interweave.com/crochet/books/WrappedInCrochet/page-48-49.asp)

:chair:

What if you change it to remove the circular stripes across the but and use something like intarsia to crochet it with radial stripes?

Then it would look like a turkey's tail!
Oops! Wrong week of the year for that design idea! :oo:

I agree with mason, not my style either. :)

--Jack

Arielluria
11-25-2008, 12:54 PM

:chair:LOL! Excellent observation. In buying and knitting clothes for myself I have learned to know what flatters my body and what doesn't! V-neck sweaters vs. non, etc.

I'm only a size 10 but with the help of that sweater, though not an ugly one, my butt would easily make me look like a size 20!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teehee: It's all in the details!

This is definitely one of those items which should be outlawed to be worn by anyone larger than a size 2! I.E. most of the population! So the answer is ........ it would make MOST of our butts look much bigger than they are! And that..........as Martha might say, is NOT a good thing!
:flirt:

HorrorRetro
11-25-2008, 01:03 PM
I actually really like it. I would like it more if the back were plain rather than having the "bull's eye," but I love the bottom as it is. I'd totally wear it.

Kinnexa
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Nice design, except for the bullseye. It's always open season on something here in Maine, and you can't be too careful!!

As for the great butt debate, hey, you may as well love what you have. Why find another thing to feel miserable over? (And yes, I'm carrying around a fair amount of seat cushion myself.) Martha can shove it if she thinks it's not a good thing...and I'd love the chance to rub Stacy and Clinton's noses in this one!! :woot:

Arielluria
11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Nice design, except for the bullseye. It's always open season on something here in Maine, and you can't be too careful!!

As for the great butt debate, hey, you may as well love what you have. Why find another thing to feel miserable over? (And yes, I'm carrying around a fair amount of seat cushion myself.) Martha can shove it if she thinks it's not a good thing...and I'd love the chance to rub Stacy and Clinton's noses in this one!! :woot:Good point!!!!!! :lol:

The bottom's color change is what calls attention to it, so if you did it in the same white as the rest of the main body it wouldn't stand out so much.