PDA

View Full Version : Christmas knitting frenzy?

tokmom
11-23-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm trying to get a pair of sweet socks made and also a pr of worsted socks for my dh. My dtr wanted me to make scarves for some friends, but I just don't have time.
Gosh, If I could sit and knit for a week straight, I could have them done. I have one worsted one and am wrapping up the toe on the sweet sock.
Poor dh might get an IOU for a second sock. lol.

Who's making Christmas presents?

Jan in CA
11-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm going to make my oldest DD some convertible mittens, but I'm waiting for the yarn to ship. I'm testing them now in some stash yarn. I might make some fingerless mittens for DD2. Other than that I've done a bunch of charity stuff. I have it easy, my family is so picky I don't usually even attempt knitting for them. :teehee:

saracidaltendencies
11-23-2008, 11:54 PM
So far I've made a cat stuffed animal for my daughter, a hat for my mom, and, I'm working on a scarf for my son, and hats for my son and daughter. I have it pretty easy this year! :teehee:

lelvsdgs
11-24-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm finishing Christmas stockings, finished a hat, have one more (at least) hat to do and probably some other things, I just need to decide what!

luvmykid28
11-24-2008, 12:34 AM
It's pretty much all hats for me. I went out Friday night with my list and bought the yarn.

DD - hat and scarf (1/2 finished)
Neice - hat
Nephew - hat
DSL - beret (waiting on more yarn) and scarf (finished)
DBL-hat and coffee cozy
Bro - hat
DSL - beret
Mom - something felted
Dad - hat
DH - ???

Plus I would like to knit some ornaments.:knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

Jenelle
11-24-2008, 12:46 AM
BF- Fingerless gloves
Mom- Dish cloths, a scarf, and dusting cloths made out of a terry cloth yarn.
Dad- Black hat.
Sister- Ear flap hat.
Sister's BF- Ear flap hat.
Niece 1- Fun fur scarf.
Niece 2- Knitted bunny.
Aunt- Dusting cloths, and a dish cloth.

Mines easy. :teehee:

TEMA
11-24-2008, 01:01 AM
I used to knit and crochet things for my dd and her kids but then she told me she didn't want and homemade stuff so I quit.
However, this year I have been doing some knitting for christmas and just finished an adorable little hat for grandson #3. He's only 3 months old and a little sweetie.
I've also been making scarflets of different kinds for my friends - so good to be back in the flow!
TEMA

To Knit or not to Knit, that is the question.
:knitting:

crazykntter83
11-24-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm doing:

bro's gf-hat and scarf 1/2 done
mom-dish cloth
dad-scarf and maybe a hat
bro-scarf

Lisa R.
11-24-2008, 01:13 AM
I started my Christmas knitting in July! I did this shawl (http://www.keepitsimpledesigns.net/p_shawls.html#KS140) for my MIL...that was my most complicated project to date, and I knew I'd have to start early! I was right...it took me forever to get it going, but after a bit, the pattern came easier, and I fell into a rhythm.

I also just finished sewing this throw (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70071AD.html?noImages=) together tonight, for FIL.

Besides those, I've finished this hat (http://www.chicknits.com/catalog/feltedbucket.html) for 2 dd's (and am working on the 3rd, and will probably do 2 more)

I did felted purses for my two little nieces.

Those were all my goals for Christmas knitting, and now I've got a bit of time, so I may whip up a few other things...some fingerless gloves for dd if I can get the gauge right. :)

I'd like to knit something for my mom, but I'm not sure what. I did a scarf last year, so would like to do something else this year. We'll see.

teachermom
11-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I've been knitting some hats for charity - but other than that I had no intentions of knitting christmas gifts for anyone... next year when I can start the projects in July.

However, I did buy some sock yarn and was going to make some socks for myself, as I started to knit the first one I realized that the way the colors were working up would really be good for my DH's aunt. So I'm knitting like mad to get a pair of socks done in time to mail for Christmas.

Next year I've got to plan better - I always get ideas about this time of the year, but don't ever give myself time to knit them up for my family and friends. - Next year, will do better, plan in May.

MrsP
11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Next year I've got to plan better - I always get ideas about this time of the year, but don't ever give myself time to knit them up for my family and friends. - Next year, will do better, plan in May.

:teehee:

You should write down the ideas that you keep coming up with NOW so that you can start them in May! I think I might be a cold weather knitter, so I think I might have to start next year's Christmas presents in January! Once it gets hot here in GA, I am not going to want to make many throws or scarves!! :teehee:

I have done several scarves- I don't know all the family abbreviations yet - DD, M-I-L, S-I-L, Sis, and Cousin, and I am currently working one for a friend. I also made a stocking for my Mom and I am working on a mini stocking Garland for myself.

MarisaLoveCat
11-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Some socks for my family. And a sweater for myself.:knitting:

ladybug_ja
11-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Nephew #1: hat with ear flaps, mittens, maybe slippers
Nephew #2: cabled hat, mittens, slippers
Mom, MIL, SIL: scrubbies for stockings

We'll see if I can get all that done for xmas! :wink:

Julie

DorothyDot
11-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Just finished a fair-isle tunic for my mother... and a matching coat for her miniature dachshund. Here's hoping both fit okay!

I had to make the doggie coat deeper in the chest and longer in the back than usual due to the unusual weiner-dog shape: two dogs long, half-a-dog tall.

;-)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/3065969488_e3f2267af3_m.jpg
Dot