PDA

View Full Version : Flower Fun Swap! (CLOSED)

princessbonniejane
11-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I know that there's already a swap in progress but I thought it would be fun to have one for the new year!
Registration by: December 18, 2008 (CLOSED)
Partners will be given by: January 1, 2009
Packages must be mailed by: January 31, 2009
The rules:
1. Every swapper will pick a flower that they like and the whole package for that person will be based around that flower.
2. When I say this is a flower swap I don't mean you have to send flowers, I mean you have to send flower themed items like: Flower notepad, Yarn in the colors of the flower they like, Stitch markers with that persons fav flower on it, Flower scented lotion, body wash, bath soak, perfume, ect.
3. Goodies are optional and are not included in the price range.
4. Have FUN!

The reason I am spacing out the Registration and Giving the partners is because everyone will be busy with the holidays.
I thought it would be a nice New Year Swap!
Please fill out the included Questionnaire and send it to Bonnie@Thelearningdiary.com
Thanks!
Questionnaire
1. Your name (KH Screen name,Ravelry name, first name, last name):
2. Your mailing address:
3. Your primary email address:
4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)
5. Price category $5, $10, $15, $20 $30:
6. Your preference on possibly sending to someone in another country?
(Donít Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)
7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)
8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?
9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?
10. Fiber preference?
11. Color preference?
12. Other interest?
13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)
14. Favorite flower?

princessbonniejane
11-24-2008, 11:01 PM
List of people who have joined.

1.Im4evergood2u
2.*KnitPixie*
3.Knitprincess
4.Oneyarn
5.Mamadawn
6.Mhansen
7.Samsam
8.MommaG
9.Jess_Hawk
10.Nephnie
11.Cheekyprincess
:muah:

princessbonniejane
11-24-2008, 11:23 PM
I just created a banner! YAY! It's free to use by anyone.:muah:just right click the pic and save as flower swap.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3272/3057158707_19aa50ffa5_m.jpg

*KnitPixie*
11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Sounds like fun! I love your theme I will join and maybe my best friend and I will host Kit n' kaboodle swap#2 after this one ends... Afterall us hostesses need a break too;) I am off to find my absolute fave flower:blooby:

KnitPrincess
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Yay another swap :happydance: :happydance: . Sign me up!! Hmmm...Flowers who desnt love flowers.:)

*KnitPixie*
11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
2. When I say this is a flower swap I don't mean you have to send flowers, I mean you have to send flower themed items like: Flower notepad, Yarn in the colors of the flower they like, Stitch markers with that persons fav flower on it, Flower scented lotion, body wash, bath soak, perfume, ect.
3. Goodies are optional and are not included in the price range.

I was getting ready to send in my questionnaire and realized that goodies are not suppossed to be included in the price range:eyebrow2: Just to make sure I am clear on the rules than what exactly do you mean by a goodie? Is it hot choc, candy, etc...

jess_hawk
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Ooo I hope I can do this one, I'm gonna have to wait until closer to the deadline to be sure that nothing will obliterate my "fun stuff" budget. One question, though...
My favorite flowers tend to be a little... untraditional... is it OK if I list a couple of choices and my partner could choose the one that is easiest for them or even combine them?
Thanks!!!

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I want to add that banner to my signature but for some reason it keeps replacing my ravelry button. How do you guys have multiple pics in you signature????

Thanks!

princessbonniejane
11-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I was getting ready to send in my questionnaire and realized that goodies are not suppossed to be included in the price range:eyebrow2: Just to make sure I am clear on the rules than what exactly do you mean by a goodie? Is it hot choc, candy, etc...
Yarn, tools and patterns are included in the price range but goodies like: Cookies,Candy,Lotions, are not. They are all optional.

princessbonniejane
11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Ooo I hope I can do this one, I'm gonna have to wait until closer to the deadline to be sure that nothing will obliterate my "fun stuff" budget. One question, though...
My favorite flowers tend to be a little... untraditional... is it OK if I list a couple of choices and my partner could choose the one that is easiest for them or even combine them?
Thanks!!!
You can list as many flowers as you like and your partner will choose one.
I hope you can join! Just remember that I give out partners on the 1 of january because of the holiday buzz.:muah:

*KnitPixie*
11-25-2008, 04:35 PM
"Yarn, tools and patterns are included in the price range but goodies like: Cookies,Candy,Lotions, are not. They are all optional."

Okay Thanks Bonnie:muah: I sent in my questionnaire and now I am all excited about another swap:woot: Me thinks I am addicted:shock:

Cynamar
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh, man, I want to do a swap! I have to pass this time, though, as I lost my job yesterday. Sounds like a great theme!

Cynamar
11-25-2008, 08:04 PM
WOAH! How did that happen? Can someone delete some of those?

KnitPrincess
11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
[quote=IM4EVERGOOD2U;1177628]I want to add that banner to my signature but for some reason it keeps replacing my ravelry button. How do you guys have multiple pics in you signature????

I tried to add it too and a message came up that I can only have four pictures in my signature.. I counted and I only had three but then I realized they count the smiley faces as a picture :) so I had to get rid of one of my old buttons in order to add it hope this helps

princessbonniejane
11-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Bump

oneyarn
11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I just sent in my questionaire....this sounds like a fun swap...thanks for hosting it.

gargoylelib
11-28-2008, 09:10 AM
This sounds like a fun swap theme! I'm gonna wait til closer to the deadline to see how my finances are holding up :) I'm keeping an eye on the thread for sure!

Libbie :)

MAmaDawn
11-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I just sent you my answers... this is my first swap... I'm excited! Thanks for hosing it...

mhansen
11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I just sent in my questionnaire. I'm excited!! This is my first swap!!

Samsam
11-30-2008, 04:34 PM
ooo I want to do this. Yay.

MommaG
11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Just sent in my questionaire. It sounds like a lot of fun. I love swaps.

Tropicflower24
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Princessbonniejane, can I PM you my questioneer? I don't have an email I can use for it right now.

princessbonniejane
12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Princessbonniejane, can I PM you my questioneer? I don't have an email I can use for it right now.
Yes!

KnitPrincess
12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I sent mine in!!! cant wait to get my pal....I am just itching to buy new yarn.

jess_hawk
12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Just sent my questionaire, too!

princessbonniejane
12-14-2008, 03:19 PM
4 more days until closing time!

cheekyprincess
12-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I just sent my info. I love swaps! thanks for hosting this! :cheering:

nephnie
12-16-2008, 10:33 AM
just sent my questionaire! my first swap...so excited.

princessbonniejane
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Partners will be given out on January 1. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!:muah:

jess_hawk
12-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I'll be gone Jan. 1 to Jan. 9 or so, so if nobody hears from me that I got my partner/heard from my partner... that's why.

KnitPrincess
12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I am so excited I can't wait to get my pal!!!!!!
I want to start buying yarn Im addicted to yarn :teehee: .

MommaG
12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
I know what you mean I am so excited to. I already have something I can use to make Stitch markers.

*KnitPixie*
12-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Me three:woot: I stalk this thread daily lol...I can't wait to get my pal, I am addicted to swaps and love all of the planning and putting together of the package :teehee:

KnitPrincess
01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
yay we are getting partners today

*KnitPixie*
01-01-2009, 03:50 PM
yay we are getting partners today
WoooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

princessbonniejane
01-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry. My computer has been down all day. I just got it fixed and I will work on giving out partners.

KnitPrincess
01-01-2009, 11:17 PM
:waah: lol I will keep an eye out for it tomorrow. :)

*KnitPixie*
01-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Stalking the thread again lol..Here I am sitting at my computer at 6:49 am. Addicted???? I think so:teehee:

*KnitPixie*
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Bonnie if you need help coordinating this swap to bring it up to speed I would be glad to help you, sorry about the computer issues:hug: :muah: I coordinated a swap before and wouldn't mind helping you to make the matches and stuff,just message me by my email or post here if you need the extra hand I would be glad to help out :wink:

princessbonniejane
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I will try to send out the partners today. Sorry about all of this

MommaG
01-02-2009, 11:09 PM
:woot: :woohoo: :woot: :woohoo:
I got my partner in my emails.
:woot: :woohoo: :woot: :woohoo:

*KnitPixie*
01-03-2009, 02:05 AM
I will try to send out the partners today. Sorry about all of this

Bonnie crap happens do not worry yourself about a little delay it all worked out in the end thats all that matters:hug: :heart:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recieved my partners info and now the hunt for the perfect swap box shall begin:woot:
To whoever has me I forgot I also adore tulips, forget-me nots,snapdragons and sunflowers, as well as many others(flowers are so purty)..I thought we were to include one flower choice so I narrowed it down but if you want some more choices then there you have it pal, hope you have fun:wink:

nephnie
01-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I checked my email this morning and i did a little dance:happydance: !! I got my partner's info and i'm ready to go searching! Now i just have to clean the bathroom :grrr: then i can get started.:woohoo:

KnitPrincess
01-03-2009, 10:46 AM
:woohoo:I found my pal in my spam box...how come the things that are not spam end up there and the things that are always seem to manage to sneak their way into our mail boxes :?? . I'm so excited! I can't wait to get started! :woohoo:

KnitPrincess
01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
[quote=*KnitPixie*;1189956]Bonnie crap happens do not worry yourself about a little delay it all worked out in the end thats all that matters:hug: :heart:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She is right! :)

IM4EVERGOOD2U
01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
YAY!:woohoo:

I received my partner today. So excited. This is my first swap. I hope i do well. My apologies in advance to my partner.:rofl: Just in case i dont do well.

xoxoxoxo--Going shopping now!!

MommaG
01-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Who ever has me I also like other flowers other than the one I said in my email. I like Snapdragons, Lilies, and Roses too. I am getting the kids ready to go out right now and look for stuff.

Samsam
01-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Yay got mine!

mhansen
01-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I got mine so after work I'm going shopping!!!!

oneyarn
01-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I got mine. Already made a trip to the LYS to look, but decided I need to take a picture of your flower with me. No one could decide on just what was the correct color. This could be hard.....

cheekyprincess
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I got mine too! I'm SO EXCTED! BTW, whoever got me I love most all flowers....peonies,roses,snapdragons,petunias and impatiens :o)

KnitPrincess
01-05-2009, 12:41 AM
And we're off...let the yarn hunt begin :happydance: . I am going to make a secret email then send a messsage to ________________. Hmm...what to buy what to buy......lets see...well that yarn is pretty but so is this one.....who am I kidding they are all pretty...but one can not buy everything...unless they way to live in a pile of yarn hmmm that does sound cozy though:) .

oneyarn
01-07-2009, 10:07 AM
:happydance: I am so happy I found you some yarn yesterday. Now to finish up your box with a few other goodies.......

MommaG
01-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Well good thing payday is next weekend I will be off my crutches by then so I can go out and yarn shop. I don't want to venture out on crutches in the deep snow this weekend I love to yarnshop but I like only having a sprained ankle not a broken leg which with my luck I would end up with if I went yarn shopping with crutches. But I will get my stitch markers done this weekend while I sit with my leg up. Hmmmm what color maybe pink, maybe red, maybe yellow, maybe blue. I'm not telling you. Yet. HEE HEE HEE

MAmaDawn
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Well I've got some ideas... going to head to the bead shop... maybe it's for stitch markers, but maybe not... :teehee:

And I'm loving doing this... it's my first swap and I already know I want to do more!

oneyarn
01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
:flirt: Start stalking your mail person cause your "flowers" have left the building.....

FlowerPower09
01-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Hello Im4evergood2u I am your secret pal and I have already begun to stalk your posts on ravelry and knittinghelp in search of what you like and dislike and I will be in touch with you via knittinghelp pm so be sure to stalk you inbox;) By the way congratulations on your first pregnancy with your baby boy you must be so proud :muah: :hug:

yarnaddict02
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Guess what SamSam..... I am your swap pal. I have been looking all over for the perfect items to send to you...I think that I have settled on the ___________ color ______________ and the pretty _____________ ___________. I hope that you will enjoy everything you find in your box... what ever they may be:) .

Samsam
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Ooo secret pal!

I've been having fun working on my partners package!

KnitPrincess
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I wonder who has me....feel like telling???? Come on you know you want to...can I have a hint...please :flirt:

MommaG
01-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I will have to say one thing it is not easy to find ______________ flower stuff in the middle of -40 temps. But I have found a few things I am off to shop for yarn today as I still have a prained ankle but I can walk without crutches now.

KnitPrincess
01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi Pal whpever you are. I ordered something that goes in to your box only I can't tell you what it is the knitting fairy would beat me if I ruiend the surpeise...yea it is 5:27 am in PA and I haven't gotten any sleep yet lol so I am a bit giddy..any way back to the super secret swap package I am going to the LYS this saturday to round up the rest of your goodies...What are they you ask..I can't tell you ... one becasue it is too much fun to tease you and two I am flip flopping between to surprises..not sure which one I want to go with...nahnahnahnahnahhhhhh :happydance:

MAmaDawn
01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
I got my package! Thank you oneyarn! I love it all!

I took pictures, but I can't find my cord so I'll post them as soon as I do find them... we moved a week before Christmas (not a good idea)... so I know it's around here somewhere...

But I got 3 balls of yarn, one Kid Merino in white, this is my FIRST ball of this yarn and I'M IN LOVE!!!! :inlove: It is sooo soft! And 2 balls of Regia sock yarn, the CRAZY thing is I found this yarn on Rav a little over a week ago and I wanted to try it.... Then I got it in the mail... :teehee: It's going to make a wonderful pair of socks... now just have to find the right pattern (thanks for the excuse to look at patterns :teehee:)

I also got a VERY cute bird house that's the shape of a watering can with my flower, daisies on it. And Chocolate in non-melting form... he he he... it's the microwavable cake and it has carmel, yum!

And a pattern to go with the Kid Merino for a scarf, Mist (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mist-lace-scarf), that I LOVE.... And some Daisy seeds...

And it was all packaged so cute! It was wrapped with yellow and white tissue paper and the box had flower all over it.

Thank you so much, you have made my first swap a wonderful one! :woot:

oneyarn
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM
So happy that you liked all your "daisies". I had fun getting everything together for you.

lulubell
01-20-2009, 10:58 PM
OOh, that MIST scarf is pretty isn't it.

MAmaDawn
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
It really really is... As soon as I get started on the Shawl KAL and get comfortable with the pattern I'm going to start it.... :knitting:

jess_hawk
01-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Dear Partner: I finished buying things for your package today. I have some stuff to assemble tonight... and hopefully your package will be on its way tomorrow!!! I hope you like everything I found!!

nephnie
01-23-2009, 01:50 PM
:woohoo: after spending some time searching i finally found the last thing i was looking for. Now to assemble and ship....hmmm, i think there will be a conversation with the boy to see what kind of shipping discounts i could get (i'm hoping for free). i <3 the fact that he works in a mailroom.

So partner, i will be mailing no later than monday. i hope i did ok for my first swap.

MommaG
01-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh dear partner I went shopping today. I saw so many pretty yarns. (the only time I get to go to the LYS is when I am involved in a swap I can't afford to go otherwise) I hope I win the lottery this weekend I will so be going back there. Anyways I found something very pretty that I hope you like to. It will be on its way as soon as I can.

cheekyprincess
01-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Well dear partner, your package is all wrapped and ready to go! I really hope you enjoy your items. The ______ ______ is a hard one to find! But I am hoping you enjoy all the goodies I found for you!

Hugs,
Angie :hug:

mhansen
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm almost ready to ship my package out. Tonight, after work, I am going to finish it up and ship it out tomorrow a.m. Here's a really big hint for someone who wanted to know who her pal is. I hope it makes it to PA by the end of the month!! And I hope you like everything. I really tried very hard to find things that I thought you would like and to keep in things in the theme.

KnitPrincess
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I hope it's me ... is it me:flirt: hmmmmm......:)

I am just about ready to send off my package to ________________ in _________. I have a few more things to get then off it will go!

cheekyprincess
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, it arrived today! I made my DH oooo and awww over everything as I pulled it out of the package. :woot: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jess_Hawk (Emily)! I love everything you sent and cant wait to use my adorable stitch markers. You made my day! cloud9 I will post a pick ASAP. But in the meantime this is what I recieved: three skiens of I love this cotton,pretty rose tin with chocolate chip cookie inside,several stitch markers, measuring tape, fabric & ribbon for small tote bags, a BIG BOOK of patterns, handy little knitting guide and two roses. I hope you enjoy your items as much as I have! :hug: Angie

nephnie
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Here's a huge hint for my partner...I bypassed customs by having my coworker that lives in your country take home the package and mail it. She mailed it this morning so it's on it's way! I called my boy and told him i was brilliant. He agreed, of course.

Samsam
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
sorry!! I have been sick. My package will be out tomorrow morning, sorry I am late :(

jess_hawk
02-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Got my package from Angie (cheekyprincess) today! I got goldfish crackers (I have currently 7 goldfish), a flower journal, several patterns, two skeins of Sensations DreamWeave, which is wool-silk (and very soft and touchable and also distracting for college students who pick up their mail on the way to class and lack the willpower to wait until after class to open the package...:teehee: ) in a lovely pea-green color (my fave color is blue but I know that this color of green goes with my eyes... it will make a wonderful hat, or gloves, or may get incorporated into a sweater...). Also, two skeins of Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) - I've never used anything with any soy whatsoever before, so I am really excited about this! Its kind of navy-rust-purply stripes and is also really, really soft and touchable and distracting. There are a few note card thingers that I'm not really sure yet what I will do with them... but I'm sure I will find something perfect! And a set of stitch markers with flowers and purple beads (the purple is to go with foxgloves, which was my flower choice and virtually impossible to find... sorry Angie... you did an excellent job of getting creative! :cheering: ) that are very beautiful, and everything came in a really nice flower-covered box with a lable thing on the front... which will be a great place for me to put my leftover ends which are currently rolling around my bookcase getting tangled in the airlines for my killifish tanks. cloud9

:knitting:

princessbonniejane
02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
So far
Jess_hawk
MommaG
MAmaDawn
& cheekyprincess
Have gotten packages

Samsam
It's ok. Mail it out when ever you can

MommaG
02-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah I got my package today. I am so excited. Nephanie got me some wonderful stuff. I got some chocolates which are half gone already, a bubble bar from Lush, a photo album to put pics of my kids in, patterns, pocket calendar, stitch markers with tulips on them(so cute), picture holders in the shape of tulips (the flower I selected), and then the yarn. I got a skein of trendsetter pinot yarn in a multi colored colorway which is bright and beautiful, two skeins of Louise Herdig Kashmir Aran it's 55% Merino Wool-35% microfibre-10% cashmere and I am so excited to try this yarn. I don't know what I want to make outofit but it is so soft my daughter keeps coming over and rubbing it on her cheek it is so soft(she's only three) Oh I should mention one skein is green and the other pink.

As for the one I am sending out I will be a little late getting it out. but I will get it out as soon as possible.

MAmaDawn
02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Here is the picture I promised....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1956.jpg

And I sent mine out... should be to you in a few days...

I forgot to put a note in it though... sorry I was so excited that I left it out....

oneyarn
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
No problem about leaving out your note....
I am excited that my "flower" is on it's way to me.

cheekyprincess
02-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Emily, I'm glad you liked your "flowers" :woot: I really had fun looking
for all your things. :happydance: You'll have to send me pics of
whatever you make with your yarn.
Hugs,
Ang.

Got my package from Angie (cheekyprincess) today! I got goldfish crackers (I have currently 7 goldfish), a flower journal, several patterns, two skeins of Sensations DreamWeave, which is wool-silk (and very soft and touchable and also distracting for college students who pick up their mail on the way to class and lack the willpower to wait until after class to open the package...:teehee: ) in a lovely pea-green color (my fave color is blue but I know that this color of green goes with my eyes... it will make a wonderful hat, or gloves, or may get incorporated into a sweater...). Also, two skeins of Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) - I've never used anything with any soy whatsoever before, so I am really excited about this! Its kind of navy-rust-purply stripes and is also really, really soft and touchable and distracting. There are a few note card thingers that I'm not really sure yet what I will do with them... but I'm sure I will find something perfect! And a set of stitch markers with flowers and purple beads (the purple is to go with foxgloves, which was my flower choice and virtually impossible to find... sorry Angie... you did an excellent job of getting creative! :cheering: ) that are very beautiful, and everything came in a really nice flower-covered box with a lable thing on the front... which will be a great place for me to put my leftover ends which are currently rolling around my bookcase getting tangled in the airlines for my killifish tanks. cloud9

:knitting:

oneyarn
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Not fair the post office has my package and I can't get it till Monday......

*KnitPixie*
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
My package is going out today:wink: Sorry to my pal for being late but I wanted to make you some things and had a really hard time as my hands have been sore because Of the cold weather...but they are made now and your package is on its way! Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it:muah: :hug: :heart:

oneyarn
02-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Stopped at the post office and picked up my package today.
I am so lucky that MAmaDawn got my name.:woohoo:
She picked Zinnias as my flower and sent me lots of goodies.
I got 2 patterns....one for the Zinnia Shawl by Sunflower Designs and a Flower Block pattern by Lisa Millian. She sent me 3 skeins of yarn....Baby ULL in a pretty purple, Knitpicks CotLin in a mauve and Plymouth Yarn Sockin' Sox in a greens/blues colorway. These are all new yarns to me and will be fun to knit with. She also sent me the cutest journal with butterflies, bugs and flowers all over it.
MAmaDawn, you are the best...thank you for everything!:muah:

MAmaDawn
02-10-2009, 01:32 AM
:happydance: So glad you liked it all! :woot:

Stopped at the post office and picked up my package today.
I am so lucky that MAmaDawn got my name.:woohoo:
She picked Zinnias as my flower and sent me lots of goodies.
I got 2 patterns....one for the Zinnia Shawl by Sunflower Designs and a Flower Block pattern by Lisa Millian. She sent me 3 skeins of yarn....Baby ULL in a pretty purple, Knitpicks CotLin in a mauve and Plymouth Yarn Sockin' Sox in a greens/blues colorway. These are all new yarns to me and will be fun to knit with. She also sent me the cutest journal with butterflies, bugs and flowers all over it.
MAmaDawn, you are the best...thank you for everything!:muah:

mhansen
02-18-2009, 04:44 PM
FINALLY!! I got my package mailed off today!! I have actually learned something from doing this swap. First this was my first and last swap. I need more time than one month which I didn't realize until I did a swap. I have felt very guilty because I and my child got sick. I feel guilty because there is more I would have liked to do but due to time and money I could not get everything finished that I wanted to. I'm feeling guilty because even though I spent more than the required amount of money it doesn't look my partner is getting much. I'm sorry in advance if this wasn't what you were expecting. I did have a lot of fun picking out the yarn and patterns.

MommaG
02-24-2009, 10:27 AM
So imagine my surprise when I got my package in the mail yesterday. It was the package I mailed out. Somehow they screwed up and sent it back to me rather than to my partner. So it will be making its return trip out right away and I will have it clearly labeled and maybe a little note attached to pay attention to the labels on the box. GRRRRR. So please forgive me partner I haven't forgot about you its just the postman that sucks.

KnitPrincess
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey Samsam!!! Your package is out for delivery today I hope it arrives soon. I keep stalking the ups site to see if it was dropped off yet lol. Again sorry for the delay I hope that you like what I have picked out for you.

Mary I know I am going to love what you sent me :muah: !!!! Thank you for keeping in touch with me and letting me know what is going on...I hope that you and your child are both feeling 100% better.
Jennie

KnitPrincess
02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
YaY!! My pal (SamSam) just contacted me she received her package. The flower theme was Tulips :) .

princessbonniejane
03-03-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure that everyone got a package. Say yes if you've gotten yours.

MAmaDawn
03-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Yes! :yay:

MommaG
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes and my partner has not got hers yet as the post man brought it back to me and I have not had a chance to get it back out as was laid off from job and just started new one. I will get it out ASAP. I was very surprised when I got a message from my babysitter that I got a package in the mail and I was not expecting one. Then saw it was my own package. Any ways I promise it will be out in mail this week.

KnitPrincess
03-04-2009, 06:44 AM
YES! My package arrived yesterday.

Thank you so much for my package Mary!!!! I love everything :muah:. I will post pictures soon.

*KnitPixie*
03-16-2009, 02:55 AM
Just wanted to let my pal I'm4evergood2u know that her package is in transit and should be there soon as I mailed it in New Jersey:wink: Time to start stalking the mailman:teehee:

princessbonniejane
03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
This is getting out of control. Everything was supposed to be sent out on the 31 of january. Everything needs to be sent out by the 26. I am sorry but it was supposed to be over.

*KnitPixie*
05-20-2009, 01:39 AM
I still did not get a package from this swap and it ended like 4 months ago. If anyone would like to be my angel I would really appreciate it as it seems I have been forgotten. I have been through two swaps since then and was an angel in one of them so I know this is standard protocol in a swap when someone cops out

Right now I am so so sad and disappointed in my partner:fingerwag:as I waited so patiently and believed in them and still didnt get a dang thing not even a hi/hello :pout:

mhansen
05-24-2009, 02:26 PM
You are not the only one Knitpixie. I also was forgotten all about too.

oneyarn
05-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Aimee,
Watch your mailbox this week for angel package!

*KnitPixie*
05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
:teehee: Thanks to an "angel" I recieved my package a couple of days ago and I was so shocked and surprised to even get one as I had given up so long ago. My theme was Honeysuckle and my pal did an awesome job incorporating that into a package as my pick was so hard to find. Thank You so much Valerie I absolutely :heart: everything you got me and I love the way the package all comes together!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2423/3582193259_c37e3e0267.jpg?v=0
Look how nicely everything was packaged..I dumped everything on the bed and started jumping around LOL:woot:

and what did I find???
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3309/3582238605_c7949def76.jpg?v=0
I found a bunch of goodies..My pal bought me some dream in color smooshy sock yarn in the colorway happy forest which is such a lovely color. Included was a beautiful scarf pattern that resembles the vine of honeysuckle. Also I got some fancy tea, some delightful smelling room spray, lotion and a candle in a fragrant honeysuckle scent.A yummy brownie treat and one of my favorites was the cute little hummingbird feeder (my pal did her research and knows me well)

and I was running around saying "my squishy" as I was rubbing the yarn against my cheek LOL My fiance thought I was crazy

Thanks Valerie:hug: :muah: :hug: :muah:

oneyarn
06-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Was very happy to be your angel, Aimee! No one should be forgotten.
Glad your liked everything.

mhansen
07-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I got a surprise on Tuesday of this week. Nephnie was my angel. She was so sweet! I love everything she got me. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get the pictures onto this computer. I am sorry about not responding sooner but I had to go to Portland and take a class on how to care for my daughter after she has her transplant. Thank you so much for everything Nephnie!!