PDA

View Full Version : My mother broke her shoulder

auntcrafty
11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
My mother tripped & fell at work today, breaking the ball part of her arm. She's in surgery right now to replace that section & I feel so helpless being so far away.

Please join me in praying for her, my family there, & the doctors.

Thanks!

mks22300
11-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope all goes well with the surgery and that your mom will heal without too much pain. :hug:

Sewing Angel
11-29-2008, 08:02 PM
So sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope her surgery goes well. Its hard being far away from your family.
Angel

vaknitter
11-29-2008, 08:12 PM
WOW that must have been some fall !! Will be praying that all goes will with your mother's surgery and recovery/rehab.

MoniDew
11-29-2008, 09:09 PM
:heart: ah, sweetie! :grphug:

I'm so sorry! (about this time last year, my mother tripped and fell while hanging Christmas decorations and broke her hip. She's fine! Your mom will be too!)

All the best! :heart:
________
R1 (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_R1)

auntcrafty
11-29-2008, 10:12 PM
WOW that must have been some fall !! Will be praying that all goes will with your mother's surgery and recovery/rehab.

It was an interesting fall -- she tripped over something on the floor and the momentum had her falling into a cabinet where they store cases of cigarettes. If she had landed on the floor, it would have been a different outcome. I think she must have caught the corner of the cabinet right at the ball area, since they thought it was just dislocated until they tried to put it back into place.

She's out of surgery now & in recovery. Dad said the doctors thought everything looked good.

So we'll see!

lelvsdgs
11-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Hope she recovers quickly! :pray: :hug:

saracidaltendencies
11-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Hoping for a speedy recovery! :hug:

Dangles
11-30-2008, 03:17 AM
:hug: Sorry to hear about your mom's shoulder. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

ecb
11-30-2008, 08:56 AM
I am so sorry about this, those kinds of injuries are hard
hope the surgery goes well, and remember that Pineapple and tumeric are good for healing (eating them)
I love a good Curried rice with pineapple

I hope she recovers quickly and well

ecb

tarrentella
11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Ohhh that is a nasty and unusual break. The scientist part of me is very interested but says that joint replacemtns in that area are normally very succesfull and heal well, although it could be achey for a while.
The human side of me says poor mum and poor you, what a sod of an accident to have, and so close to the Holiday season. I hope you are all ok, and that your mum's recovary goes well.

dmknits
11-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Ouch. Your poor mom. I am glad the surgery went well and hope she has a speedy recovery. Praying for her.

sabrinasmom
11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
wishing your mom a speedy recovery.:hug:

Knitting_Guy
11-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Ouch, I hope she recovers quickly.

Becky Morgan
11-30-2008, 09:43 PM
:grphug: My BFF's mom had a fall like that about five years ago, had her shoulder replaced and had no problems with it. Whatever slowing down she's done is because she's further into her 80s, not because of her shoulder. I hope everything heals as well as Alma's did and gives her no more trouble.

auntcrafty
12-01-2008, 12:37 AM
I got to talk to my mother this afternoon. She's in a lot of pain, but had a positive attitude about learning to do things left handed & is looking forward to getting discharged sometime Monday.

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes!

Ronda
12-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I'll be praying for your mother. I hope she heals quickly and the pain subsides.

dustinac
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
:hug: I hope she feels better soon, she is in my prayers! :heart:

auntcrafty
12-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Thank you everyone!

Mom was discharged today and I got to talk to her for a moment becaue the pain meds were making her woozy. She was very happy to be home & got excited when I told her I was going to be home for Christmas. I hadn't planned to, but after this weekend decided I really need to work it out and thankfully all the overtime I have worked in November & will work in December will cover the cost.

Sewing Angel
12-02-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm glad she is home from the hospital. That's wonderful that you will be able to spend Christmas at home with her.