PDA

View Full Version : Yorkie lovers - Need a gift idea?

bjc1050
12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I came across this site via Wikipedia while doing some comparisons/differences between yorkies and silky terriers.

It's the story of a yorkie who was acquired during World War II and how she became honored. I couldn't resist ordering a copy of the book Yorkie Doodle Dandy myself and thought other yorkie lovers would be interested. Our first two yorkies were truly yorkies - only 6 lbs. each. Our current yorkie may bave been misidentified because his personality more fits the silky description as well as his physical attributes - he weighs 14 lbs. Either way, they are TERRIBLY cute and sweet dogs that steal your heart completely.

http://www.smokywardog.com/

nonny2t
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh my gosh, what a cute book. We have a yorkie that is 10 lbs. His name is Fortune and he is 10 years old now. He is seriously co-denpendent, rarely barks and is a real sweety. Even the mailman, UPS guys and Fedex guy like him! :)

bjc1050
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Fortune looks like our 14 lb. Pepper who we acquired from a rescue. His papers say he is a yorkie, but his hair doesn't grow quite as long as a yorkies although it seems to tangle more easily than our previous yorkies. He's always ready to run and play ... always on the move when not napping. These are some of the differences between yorkies and silkies - along with silkies being somewhat larger. Both are hypoallergenic - great for people with allergies. I would recommend either for the First Family when they decide.