PDA

View Full Version : My Mother Died Last Night

Knitting_Guy
12-11-2008, 08:50 AM
My mother passed away at midnight last night. I knew it was coming but didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought she would at least make it through Christmas and her birthday two days after.

I had prepared myself for this news, but it is still hard to take and I suppose I am still in something of a state of shock. I had prayed just a couple of days ago that if she had to go that G-d be merciful and make it quick so she wouldn't have to suffer. I am at least thankful for that, she simply slipped into a coma and never woke up again. I think that's preferable to suffering a painful, lingering illness and death.

She's at peace now.

I am in Florida with a load heading to Ohio. I am waiting for our dispatch office to open up so I can find out if there is another driver in the area or a reasonable distance away who needs a load and can take mine so I can get home. I am grieving for my mother and at the same time my head is swimming with all of the details that must be attended to. I can't even think straight about all of that right now.

I tried to get at least some sleep last night after getting the news, but it was spotty at best. I remember at one point, between the tossing and turning, having a brief dream that I had rushed home to find that she was in fact still alive. Some part of my mind trying to deny the reality I suppose.

The clock is moving painfully slow right now. I just want to get this load off of me so I can get home where I am needed. I regret not having made it there to see her one last time before she passed. I truly thought we had a little more time.

figaro
12-11-2008, 08:58 AM
:cry:I am so sorry for your loss Mason...so sorry....

ecb
12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Oh Mason, I literally have tears in my eyes for your loss
I am so sorry
thank you for sharing with us
and as always
if there is anything I can do
just ask

ecb

sue in canada
12-11-2008, 09:11 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Mason. That certainly was very quick but as you said, she is at peace now. Will be thinking of you. :hug:

ArtLady1981
12-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Mason, I am in total shock, too! I feel so badly for you, being over road at a time when I know you wanted to be there.

My mom slipped away fast, too. Nine days after the cancer re-surfaced. I was in shock.

Please accept my condolences!

You have a lot of KH friends that are feeling your pain tonight! :pout:

auburnchick
12-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh my gosh! You poor dear.

:cry:

I feel like she's a part of our family because of all you've shared with us about her.

I am praying for you...that God will provide a replacement driver...that He will direct you to get all of the "stuff" done...that you will feel His arms of comfort around you.

I'm sure your mom is now dancing in Heaven, probably talking up a storm.

Please know that I hurt for you and will keep your family in my prayers.

:grphug:

shelluie
12-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Mason,
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time for you. I'm so sorry.

cftwo
12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Mason, I'm so sorry to hear this, and sorry that you weren't able to be there. I'll be praying for you and your family.

dustinac
12-11-2008, 10:03 AM
:heart: :hug: Mason, I'm so sorry. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they find a new driver soon :hug: :heart:

saracidaltendencies
12-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear. I hope you can make it home soon, you're in my thoughts :hug::hug:

Mulderknitter
12-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I have no other words. :pout:

WolfWalker
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh Mason, I'm so sorry to hear this! As unexpected (or as quickly) as she went, it's a blessing in disguise....at least she didn't have long to suffer. My mom lasted 5 months from her terminal diagnosis, and it was very rough indeed.

I hope that there's a driver close by that can take your load, I understand that your mind simply can't be there when there's so much you've got to do.

Please know that we're all holding you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

(((((Hugs)))))
Debra in NC

Knitting_Guy
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks everyone. One of our drivers called me and she's about 3 hours away and heading here. I should be able to make it home this afternoon.

Spikey
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Mason - my deepest condolences. So glad to hear that you will be able to make it home soon.

GinnyG
12-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Mason, I am so sorry. Losing your Mom, whether expected or unexpected is a very difficult thing. Please don't be hard on yourself. We all do the best we can in the moment we are in and unfortunately there are times that we wish things had been different. But your Mom had a life time of love from you so don't beat yourself up over what you "shoulda" done.

((HUGS))

ladyjessica
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Mason, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. From reading your posts, it's obvious that her presence in and influence on your life was great, and I know you will miss her tremendously. I'm sorry that you weren't able to be there with her, but even though she's gone from this life, she will always be with you in yours.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

gailf
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Im so so sorry.

McKnitty
12-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Mason, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss.

bambi
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Oh, Mason!

So sorry to heare about that! There's never enough time with a loved one. I know that she is at peace and all that but it is still so difficult. My prayers to you, friend.

Bambi

Sunshine's Mom
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm so sorry Mason. I feel like she's family to all of us and she will be missed. It was nice to get to meet her here at the site. What a wonderful lady. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you lots:heart:

PurlyGyrl
12-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh, Mason. I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

DQ
12-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

auburnchick
12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone. One of our drivers called me and she's about 3 hours away and heading here. I should be able to make it home this afternoon.

Oh, thank goodness.

Please get home safely.

Sewing Angel
12-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh Mason, I'm so sorry. I don't think we can ever be prepared, even if we know its coming. I'm glad there is another driver to take your load, so you can go home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Angel

Doublereeder2
12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Dear Mason, I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.

Wanda Witch
12-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh, Mason, words fail me. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and may God give you the strength to get through this most difficult time.

mks22300
12-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Mason, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

evona
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I am so sorry Mason. I know how hard it is to lose a parent and that conflicting feeling of just wanting more time with them, but then again knowing that you also don't want them to suffer on this Earth if its time for them to leave. My heart and thoughts go out to you today :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart:

khewes
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Mason, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though you know it's coming, you're never ever prepared.

My Mom went very swiftly as well, and while I'm glad she didn't linger and suffer, it still felt like a kick to the gut.

dmknits
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh, I'm so very sorry, Mason. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

gingerbread
12-11-2008, 12:05 PM
:heart::heart: So sorry for the loss of your mom Mason. My you will be in my prayers.:heart::heart:

:hug:

Abbily
12-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh, Mason, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Puddinpop
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Mason, you prayed and let her go and that is a tough thing to do, but she didn't have to suffer anymore and you know it could have been a lot worst on her. It will take a long time to get use to this. You will probably catch yourself calling her or thinking that you will have to tell your mom this or that. I always think of dreams as little visits from your loved ones. Sometimes after a dream, I feel like I just talked to them. It is a comforting thing. I will pray for you.

Crycket
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
My sincerest condolences....

*hugs*

ArtLady1981
12-11-2008, 12:41 PM

Sooo happy to hear that! We have all been so worried about you, on the road, alone. You need to be home.

Do you have relatives to help you through the coming weeks?
Do you have brothers and/or sisters?

KnittingNat
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh Mason! I'm so sorry for you :hug: You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jaxhil
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
MAson, I am so so sorry...I too, hope you can get home as soon as possible, and that God will make your burden more easy to bear. He gives the peace that passes understanding, and I hope you will begin to feel it soon. :hug:

Though I am so sorry to hear of your dear Mother's passing, I am glad she was able to go peacefully. My DGM passed in her sleep as well, and I am grateful for that-she wasn't in pain.

You're in my prayers.

Knitting_Guy
12-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Do you have relatives to help you through the coming weeks?
Do you have brothers and/or sisters?

I don't really get along very well with the extended family (aunts/uncles and such) but do have two younger brothers. As the oldest (and executor of her will) it's pretty much up to me to handle everything and help them through it all.

vaknitter
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
No matter how long our loved ones live it is never long enough. Be safe going home.

stitchwitch
12-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I once heard it said that "grief is the price we pay for love". Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. May tomorrow and the coming days be better for you.

mimi
12-11-2008, 01:28 PM
What a good son you are.

The.Knitter
12-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Mason, please know that we are all standing (in our minds) with you trying to help share the load as you locate a sub driver and head home. Be safe my friend. Please accept my condolences and know that I am here anytime you want to talk. I lost both my parents within three months of each other so I DO understand.

I am sending you a very large hug from Canada! Take care, my friend.

suzeeq
12-11-2008, 01:30 PM
[quote=Knitting_Guy;1182566]My mother passed away at midnight last night. I knew it was coming but didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought she would at least make it through Christmas and her birthday two days after.

My mother died exactly a year ago yesterday too. She had been getting a little better, and I thought she would last until after Christmas and maybe to her birthday the beginning of February. But their spirits leave when they're ready.

I'm sorry for your loss and my good thoughts go to you and your family.

Lucy78green
12-11-2008, 01:37 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your mother, I don't read this board often. It was a shock to me when I read the title, so I can't imagine how shocked you must feel. I can't really think of anything constructive to say except to say we are all thinking of you.

ritaw
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Please know that I am thinking of you at this moment . I am so sorry for your loss. ((((huggs))))

princessbonniejane
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
:hug: Mason, I am so sorry

WildMountainHoney
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
My thoughts are with you today and the days to come.

From what I've seen of you around here, you are strong and will handle the details just fine.

Be easy with yourself. :grphug:

Jan in CA
12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh Mason, my heart is breaking for you! I'm so sorry, but glad that she was not in pain. My thoughts are with you and your family.

:hug::hug::hug:

Debra Michelle
12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I am so sorry Mason, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

Mariblue
12-11-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry, Mason. :hug:

scout52
12-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Mason :hug:

traceleighj
12-11-2008, 02:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.:hug:

cdjack
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh, Mason... As soon as I read the title of this thread, a lump formed in my throat. My father passed away from cancer a few years ago.
Although it was painful for the family when he died, we did feel relief knowing that he was no longer in any pain. My thoughts are with you today, Mason.

KnitWit1987
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Mason I am so sorry, words cannot express the pain of losing your mother. :hug: I will keep you in my prayers.

Luvmyrottnboy
12-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry. Godspeed to her and you are in my thoughts and prayers today

jjminarcik
12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

robynbird
12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm so sorry Mason. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

wootiesmama
12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Im so sorry.. Drive home safe. Thought I would share this poem with you.

God saw you were getting tired
And it was not meant to be,
So he put his arms around you
And whispered,''come to me''.
With tearful eyes we watched you
And saw you pass away,
Although we loved you dearly
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating
Hard working hands at rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

Cynamar
12-11-2008, 03:56 PM
So sorry, Mason.

zkimom
12-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Mason,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. You will be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Warmly,
Susan

bailsmom
12-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh Mason, I'm am so very sorry for your loss. :verysad: So sorry. You are in my prayers for comfort through this difficult time. :hug:

Knit4Pie
12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Knitting_Guy
12-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I am back at home now. So much to do and not wanting to have to do any of it. One of Mom's best friends has been at her place all day helping as much as she can. That does take some of the load off me.

We are going to the funeral home tomorrow to schedule the funeral. I plan to schedule it for Monday to allow out of state family time to get here.

jcmom
12-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers to you and your family. :grphug:

cindycactus
12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I cried when I saw this thread. Mason thank you for letting us know Ms. Jean through you. God Bless her and you too.

Debkcs
12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm so sorry, Mason. My Dad died of the same thing, and it's a very rough.

God answered your prayer that she not suffer, that's one good thing to come out of this.

(((((((Mason)))))))

busyknitmom
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I am so sorry Mason. Glad you made it home safely.

jeanius80
12-11-2008, 08:02 PM
i hope you can feel peace for now. I also hope you get relief from work, HUGS MAson

bambi
12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Gald you got home OK, Mason. There is always so much to do and it is always so hard to do it. May you have the strength.

Bambi

sgtpam
12-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Mason, I can only echo all of the good thoughts, hugs and prayers.

Please don't neglect your own health during this stressful time. It's important to let other people who loved her help as they can...both for them and for you. :pray:

Dangles
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh dear, Mason. My eyes tear up as I read this. My heart goes out to you. :hug: My prayers go out to you and your family.

I hope there will be an alternate drive to assume your load so you can do what you need to do.

Marria
12-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Mason, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

sabrinasmom
12-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing but so glad she did not have to suffer. Take care of yourself. Love and prayers to you and your family.

Becky Morgan
12-11-2008, 09:22 PM
So sorry to hear this, Mason. I hope by the time you see this you've dropped off your load and can get on home.

auburnchick
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Mason, so good to hear that you are home and have help.

Did your mom have a special charity or special interest she was involved/cared about?

Denise in Michigan
12-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

sue in canada
12-11-2008, 10:11 PM
So glad you were able to get home Mason. Good to hear you have some help. Having gone through my mothers sudden death several years ago, I know how difficult it is. Will be thinking of you.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
love and prayers to you Mason. :hug:

Ingrid
12-11-2008, 10:43 PM
:hug::heart: I'm so sorry. It's always hard, no matter how prepared you are. Just take it one step at a time. . .

knitasha
12-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Deepest sympathy, Mason.

jdee
12-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't help but tear up as I read this thread, because I'm reminded of when I lost my own Mom. Take care of yourself, and know you're in our prayers.

Gertie
12-12-2008, 12:47 AM
So sorry for your loss. Her pain has ended. Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Doodknitwit
12-12-2008, 12:47 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Dangles
12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Mason, thank you for letting us you are home safe. :hug:

saracidaltendencies
12-12-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm glad to read you made it home safely and quickly. As hard as it is, try to take care of yourself as well. Thinking of you and your family. :hug:

DianaM
12-12-2008, 02:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Mason :hug:
Know that you are in our prayers.

BinkyKat
12-12-2008, 03:20 AM
:pout:
:heart::heart::heart: For your mother, for you and everyone close to you feeling her loss.
A dear sweet man that was my dad's "roomie" when he was in the hospital gave me a bookmark with this prayer/poem. He got it at a memorial the hospital had for families that lost loved ones. It really touched me and I had the first line put on my dad's marker.
Thinking of you my friend...:hug:

In the rising of the sun and its going down,
We Remember Them.

In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,
We Remember Them.

In the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring.
We Remember Them.

In the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer,
We Remember Them.

In the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of autumn.
We Remember Them.

In the beginning of the year and when it ends,
We Remember Them.

When we are weary and in need of strength,
We Remember Them.

When we are lost and sick of heart,
We Remember Them.

When we have joys and special celebrations we yearn to share,
We Remember Them.

So long as we live, they too shall live, for they are part of us.
We Remember Them.

ArtLady1981
12-12-2008, 04:19 AM
In the rising of the sun and its going down,
We Remember Them.

In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,
We Remember Them.

In the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring.
We Remember Them.

In the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer,
We Remember Them.

In the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of autumn.
We Remember Them.

In the beginning of the year and when it ends,
We Remember Them.

When we are weary and in need of strength,
We Remember Them.

When we are lost and sick of heart,
We Remember Them.

When we have joys and special celebrations we yearn to share,
We Remember Them.

So long as we live, they too shall live, for they are part of us.
We Remember Them.

Thanks! :heart: This helps all of us who have lost a dear loved one!
I am going to pass this on to some of my loved ones who are grieving a mother and a father. This poem will help!

NC Girl
12-12-2008, 07:10 AM
:hug: I am so very sorry for your loss, Mason.

Indygirl
12-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Mason, very sorry to hear about your mother.
I lost my mother a few mo's ago. I always feel she is looking down on me each day. I know they are both in a better place and no more pain.
May God be with you and your family at this time.

miccisue
12-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Mason, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

Take care of yourself, and just a bit of advice - be prepared to go through all kinds of emotions....and don't feel guilty about it. I lost my dad 9 years ago, and I couldn't believe the feelings that went through my head. I was terribly sad, I was confused (yes, we'd seen his death coming as well, but he's my dad! He's always supposed to be there for me, he's not supposed to leave), I felt like an orphan (although my mom is still living and going strong, at that time it seemed like all my mind could think of was "I don't have a daddy anymore"...and I was 44!), I was angry.....just a whole gamut of emotions. And they'll hit at the oddest times, too. Just know it's natural, let it flow, and don't feel bad about any emotions you have.

Again, take care, and my sympathies to you and your family.:hug:

neen1meatloaf
12-12-2008, 09:46 AM
sorry to hear of your loss. it is not easy losing someone you love dearly. think of the wonderful memories you have of your mother you can cherish them forever, praying for you to get home soon. take care love aussie friend

newamy
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Mason, I am sorry for your loss. :sad:

Though I haven't commented I have been following the news that you posted about your mom in the past.

My thoughts are with you.

Ronda
12-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't know what to say. I am so sorry, Mason. I'll be praying for you.

rachejm
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

MoniDew
12-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh, Mason! I've been gone for a few days and haven't been keeping up with the site. When I saw your post, my heart just BROKE. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope we have been of comfort to you at this time. We truly all wish we could put our arms around you. :grphug:
________
AMATEUR TUBE (http://www.****tube.com/)

mwhite
12-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Mason. May the memories you and your mother shared sustain you during your sorrow. Much love to you and your family. Mary

thecatsmother
12-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom,take care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve

nefferbea
12-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Mason, I am so sorry about your mom. My heart goes out to you. I lost my mother this past March. She died 3 days after she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I know what you are going through and how difficult this is, especially at this time of year. You take care of yourself. I'm glad that you made it home safely. :hug:
Jennifer

Knitting_Guy
12-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Did the funeral home thing today. We're having the viewing on Sunday afternoon and the funeral at 2 on Monday. Picking out the casket was very, very hard. I'm glad that part is over with.

figaro
12-12-2008, 09:52 PM

dreamsherl
12-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Mason, I know there are no words to ease your pain. I am so sorry.

auburnchick
12-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Did the funeral home thing today. We're having the viewing on Sunday afternoon and the funeral at 2 on Monday. Picking out the casket was very, very hard. I'm glad that part is over with.

One task at a time...

May the Lord give you the strength you need...at just the moment you need it.

Continuing to pray for you...

lelvsdgs
12-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Mason,
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom 6 years ago and while it was expected, she had begun to bounce back. The last time I saw her, she had gotten out of the hospital and was even looking around for her next knitting project. With in a week she was back in the hospital and slipped into a coma a week after that. I didn't get to go back down to see her again. I know she is in a better place but it is still hard to have her gone from me.

I dream about her a lot and like some others have said, it is like a visit from her. I know that this next few months will be difficult but please know that you are cherished here and that we are all here for you if you need it. I know you have to be strong but you also will need to be very gentle with yourself as well.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. :muah: :hug: :grphug: :pray:

Jenelle
12-13-2008, 01:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Mason. :hug:You'll be in my thoughts. :heart:

KnitClickChick
12-13-2008, 04:02 AM
:hug: many thoughts and prayers for you, Mason

CountryKitty
12-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Mason, words can never be enough at a time like this...but I am so sorry for your loss, but so relieved that your mother didn't suffer. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Daylilydayzed
12-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Mason I am so sorry for your loss Please accept my condolences.
This New Year's Eve it will be 5 years since my mother passed away but it seems like it was yesterday to me. I am still grieving for my mother. Remember the good times you shared with her and she will be with you forever.

ClaireGrandmaMaria
12-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Mason,

Sorry to hear about your Mom...Your a great son .....I know how hard it is right now...just remember all the good times and keep her close to your heart....I lost both my Parents within 3 weeks of each other....Your knitting family will all be there for you to lean on...so count me in. Maria:hug:

The.Knitter
12-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Mason: the hardest part IS picking out the casket. Thankfully it's over for you now. The rest is not easy but you, like your Mom, are strong and she gave you so much love that it will help you through what you have to do Monday. You are a good son. You loved her and she knew it! She is with you, in your heart! We are only a post away!

mare-nitt
12-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Mason, sorry to hear of your moms passing. Keep in your heart that her passing was gentle for her, and also that your heart will be full of memories forever.
Take care

Simply_Renee
12-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I am so very sorry, Mason.

We lost my mother in law to lung cancer this summer.

I'll be thinking of you...hang in there.

Jen17
12-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm so sorry Mason.

Jenifer

Knitting_Guy
12-14-2008, 11:13 PM
We held the wake today. It was hard but I managed to get through it.

saracidaltendencies
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
:hug: :hug:

Jeremy
12-15-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope and pray that the memories you have of her will live on as a blessing. Please try not to feel guilt about not being there when she died. You did the best you could for her when she was alive; I hope you have some consolation in that.

Gertie
12-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Mason - I just read your blog entry about Sunday's funeral home visitation. I admire that you were strong when you & everyone else needed you to be a rock. I'm glad you finally had time alone to grieve & prepare yourself for today. I hope you're getting rest tonight. I'm sure you're going to be strong again for today's funeral. You're not a child. I don't mean to talk down to you, but I'm proud of you. I'm sure your mother is as well. I'll be praying for you today. Especially at 2pm your time.

Dangles
12-15-2008, 03:41 AM

OldGreenMare
12-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry, Mason. When I lost my Mom two years ago, I lost my best friend and biggest fan. It's so hard. You are in my thoughts.

cftwo
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
One step at a time, Mason. There's just no other way to get through all of this. :grphug:

PurlyGyrl
12-15-2008, 10:02 AM

heatherg23
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I can not tell you how sorry I am to hear that....my prayers are with you AND your family!!!

Patrick
12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm so sorry, Mason. Even when we know it is coming, even when we know it is Gods' will, it is always so hard when it happens. God be with you and help you through your grief.

auntcrafty
12-15-2008, 11:28 AM
I am sorry for your loss, Mason. You & your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Yarnvixen
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Mason,
I don't know you, but I feel for you today. I lost my mother almost 3 years ago and it still hurts.
You and your family are in my prayers.

hartleystudio
12-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Mason:

I'm in shock too, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and your family that God will provide what you need right now. My Dad died suddenly a few months ago, it's so hard. I totally understand how you're feeling. Please don't hesitate to ask us for anything you need or to look for help somewhere else if you need it.

Good luck getting home and getting all your Mother's things settled.

bambi
12-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Mason, today was probably the hardest day of your life and I wanted you to know that I was thinking of you all day!

:heart:

Bambi

ArtLady1981
12-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope and pray that the memories you have of her will live on as a blessing. Please try not to feel guilt about not being there when she died. You did the best you could for her when she was alive; I hope you have some consolation in that.

That's sure right, Jeremy!:thumbsup:

Mason, that is one thing EVERYONE knows...you were a good son to your mother, and you two were tight! No regrets. We'll miss her, too! Quite the lady!

Phretys
12-16-2008, 05:16 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

OffJumpsJack
12-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Mason, you have our heart felt sympathies for your loss.

--Jack ( and family )

gotta knit
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
So sorry for your loss Mason.

nonny2t
12-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Mason, I am so very sorry! When my father passed away, Jack was in the Navy and we had literally just gotten back from New Mexico from his own father's funeral. I sent him on the plane to catch his ship and got to the office where I worked and my phone was ringing. It was my grandfather telling me my dad had died. I didn't get to go to his funeral because we had just gone to the other one and there was no money besides Jack was on his way to the Philipines . So in that sense, I know how you feel. It is sad, frustrating, and anguish not knowing whether you will make it or not.

I am so sorry I didn't see this earlier. Please know my prayers are with you! :hug:

cmk
12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain. My thoughts are with you.

Knit4Fun
12-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Mason,

I was out of town this week visiting family in Minnesota and Wisconsin, so I just got back to the forum to read your post.

My heart is with you. Your Mom was such a special lady - she had such a good attitude considering all that she had on her plate and it was my great privilege to know her.

Thank you for sharing your mother with us. I am especially grateful to have known her since I lost my mother in 2001 - everyone needs a mother, or two or as many as they can get.

Having gone through this process with my mother and both of my in-laws, if there is anything I can do or knowledge I can share or whatever you need that I can help with, please don't be shy about contacting me.

In the meantime, Ms. Jean is held close in prayer - I know her strong faith has put her in a place beyond pain and limitation and I hope that brings you some peace during this difficult time. Death is such a release for the sick, but it really stinks for those of us left behind.

Lean on us, Mason. We'll help get you through to brighter days.

bethany
12-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Reading this late, I'm so sorry to hear this Mason. There are no words to comfort. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

tarrentella
12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I have only just seen this thread. I am sad to hear of your loss, Mrs Jean sounded like such a wonderful mother and woman (and to such a good son!). Candles will be lit and thoughts will go out.
We are here for you day or night if you want support.

Rabbitrescuer
12-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I'll keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers. :hug:

brendajos
12-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

VictoiseontheRoad
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Dearest Mason, I told my husband about your mother while we were driving down to florida for Christmas (the trucks on the road reminded me of you) and I just now read about your loss. I am so sorry for you. It will be difficult for the next 6 months but yes, it's so much better she did not suffer for a long time. My prayers are with you and her soul.
VictoiseC

Secksiebrat
12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm a bit late, but I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. It must of been hard to go through the holidays and her birthday without her. But going to sleep and not waking up was probably the best/easiest thing. She didn't feel any pain and she's no longer in pain now.

I hope you're managing ok and getting some quality knitting time in so you can have time to reflect and heal. I'll be thinking about you and will keep you in our prayers.

~danielle~

1knittychick
12-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Mason, you are in my prayers.

sylvia
01-03-2009, 07:31 PM
sorry mason you are in my prayers
sylvia

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Poor guy! I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Your mother was a special lady. I know she will be missed. :heart: :heart:

Take care of yourself.

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm so sorry-- I had no idea any of this was going on-- my home INTERNET isn't working now... grrr so, I've been out of the loop 'internet wise'... My work computer has limitations at best... they watch what we do... :D

I'll be praying for you and your family and her friends.

threesmom
01-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm just seeing this post now - I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, Mason - simple words are never enough to express it. My thoughts will be with you through this difficult time.

JessicaR
01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I am so sorry Mason

lulubell
01-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I am so sorry Knitting_Guy. Mothers are so special arn't they. Even now, 2 years after my Mum died I still go to ring her when I have finished a project or done something I think she will be interested in. Your Mum will be in your heart forever.

merryknitter
01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Hey Mason,
I just found this post tonight...haven't been on here for a while....I'm so sorry for your loss...Mom's are so special and I know yours will be missed a lot...just wanted you to know that you're in my prayers.
God Bless You,
Merry

Sknitter56
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Dear Mason,
I'm just now reading the post about your mom. I want you to know how very sorry I am to hear of your loss. Mom's are so special and it's such a shock to realize she's not here anymore. My mom died 3 years ago from Alzheimer's which actually took her from us many years before that. I'm so glad for her (and for you) that she didn't suffer. Every now and then I still think, "I should call momma and tell her ....."
You'll be in my prayers tonight and just know that time will help the hurt ease up after a while.

Magz11
01-15-2009, 07:51 PM
My condolences. I know that losing a family member is very tragic, but you have to remember that they afe in a better place. Your heart will heal, but you will never forget. Just remeber all the good times. Again, I am sorry for you and your family.