PDA

View Full Version : Slightly annoyed @ IK

raederle
12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't subscribe to any magazines, but since I kept buying Interweave Knits off the rack, and missed it a couple times, I decided to go ahead and subscribe. I had bought the Fall issue already, and wanted to start up with the Winter 2008(2009?) issue. So I put a sticky to that effect on my "Get ONE issue free!!!" coupon, and sent it off.

Now I was puzzled when I received a copy of the Fall 2008 issue, contrary to my request, but understood that a stupid little sticky was not the best way to communicate with a large company. My bad. Now I have two copies, and maybe I'll sell the extra on eBay in three years or something.

But now, I have yet to receive the Winter issue which has been on newstands since December 4th. In fact, I have seen it, and refrained from buying it. I am pretty annoyed. I like the magazine but the subscription side of the house has made me peeved and twitchy.

Anybody else still waiting? Is this normal for new subscribers, and I should shut my piehole?

e

Mirl56
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I've got mine, but I think it was just about the middle of last week.

I don't worry too much seeing it on the shelves first; for me it's mainly knowing that it's coming, knowing I won't buy it twice (done that more times then I care to admit!) or worse miss buying it at all.

scout52
12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Go online and enter your subscription infomation. it will tell you when to expect your winter issue.

Marria
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Just for the record--I've subscribed for about 4 years now and my issues always arrive pretty much at the same time as they go on the newsstand. However, I haven't received my winter issue yet, so maybe they are having distribution issues?

lucky_alf2
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Have you called IK about your dup magazine? I had that happen once to a fitness mag when I started subscribing and they just extended my subscription by a month to cover the dup. Worth asking -- all they can say is no.....

dairywife
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I entered my subscription online on 12/5/08 and received a confirmation email that stated the Winter issue would be mailed to me on 12/24/08. I thought it was odd taking so long to mail out the issue, but maybe they only print and mail at certain times.