PDA

View Full Version : pattern help

teespek
12-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi guys

this is my first post here, to cut a long story short, I am doinga aran cable knit cardi for my father in law, and am having some problems reading the pattern for the left hand side of the shaping for the raglan/neck side

pattern as follow
row 1 k2,sl,poss, patt to last 2 k2tog
row 2 patt to last 3sts p3
row 3 k2,sl,poss, patt to 2nd
row 4 2 patt to last 3sts p3
ok, so this part I have no problem with BUT
work 38 rows dec 1st at raglan edge as before in the next and every foll alt row AT THE SAME TIME dec 1 st at the neck edge in the next and every foll 4th row

does this mean that row 2 should be patt to last p2tog tbl? and continued every 4th line and row 3 should also now be k2tog?

any suggestions would be great here as I am now stuck on this project and would like to get it done

Much appriciated!

Abbily
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Here's my interpretation:

You're going to work 38 rows in pattern. While you're knitting those 38 rows, on the raglan side (shoulder side) you're going to decrease in the next and every following alternate row (in other words, every other row). Also while you're knitting those 38 rows, on the neck side you're going to decrease on the next and every following FOURTH row (so every other raglan decrease has a corresponding neck decrease).

It says "as before", so I would think the raglan side decreases should be on the 1st and 3rd rows, and the neck side decreases should be done on the 1st row (just once) and from then on, on the 4th rows.