View Full Version : If I Only Had A BRAIN!

12-31-2008, 09:12 PM
After agonizing for days on what to do first with all my Christmas yarn, I finally decided on a simple cotton pullover. The pattern called for a k1 p1 rib to start it off. Usually, I do a 2/2 rib, but my fingers know all about k1 p1 cuz I do a lot of seed stitch.

I cast on and worked the 1st row with no problem, then Brain left to pursue other interests while Fingers kept working. An inch or so later, I noticed that my rib was looking sorta lumpy. :?? As soon Brain left the building, Fingers went back to what they know best -- SEED STITCH! :wall: :hair:

12-31-2008, 10:30 PM
I hate it when that happens! My brain goes on auto-pilot at regular intervals... At least you caught it now and not when the thing was half finished...

01-01-2009, 12:58 AM
I hate when things like that happen! The other day I got my kids each a bowl of cereal; I was totally on auto pilot...I was going through the motions but not thinking one bit...So, I go to the fridge, with the intention of grabbing the milk, but, I instead grab a bottle of Pepsi and proceed to pour the Pepsi into the bowl of cereal :doh:Luckily I quickly realized I was pouring soda into the cereal as opposed to the milk...Well, hubby hadn't gotten paid yet, we were almost out of cereal, and, we had a few more days to go until hubby did get paid, so, I just poured a bit more milk than normal into my son's cereal to try to eliminate the soda flavor...He never did notice :teehee:

01-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I couldn't tell you how many times I've worked on something with a border on the edges and stockinette in the middle, and I realize several rows later that I've been knitting stockinette all the way up to the edge...I always use stitch markers to prevent that now, but it sure is annoying!

01-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for sharing, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the only one whose brain goes AWOL every once in a while. :grphug:

01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Demonica, I'm glad to know I am not the only one who does that...... *looks innocent and whistles* :teehee:

01-01-2009, 12:15 PM
:doh: Sounds like something I would do. :teehee:

01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
People keep commenting on how pretty my "Jewels" are in my Knitting
I tell them it is to remind me to THINK while I M knitting
even on a simple stockinette hat (like I M doing now)
and I do seed vs stockinette by the Number of stitches to the round, so I can be totally brainless (I am a Blondie afterall)

01-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Been there, done that...!
At least you discovered it before you went too far...
Just start over and chalk it up to... ummmm... senility...:roflhard:
Just kidding :thumbsup: ... !

01-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Just start over and chalk it up to... ummmm... senility...:roflhard:

Gee, thanks. I feel much better now. :waah: