PDA

View Full Version : LPC RPC RC LC?

Marni
01-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Can someone point me to a correct definition of these stitches?
I'm looking at a pattern that in part reads:

Row 12: P2, k2, (p1, k1) five times, [2/2 LC, (p1, k1) five times] three times, k2, p2.
Row 14: P2, [2/1 LPC, (p1, k1) four times, 2/1 RPC] three times, 2/1 LPC, (p1, k1) four times, 2/1 RPC, p2.

Thanks!

suzeeq
01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
It should tell you in the pattern at the top, between the yarn/needle info and the beginning of the pattern. LC/RC are left and right cross, LPC/RPC would be left and right cross with one or both sts being a purl.

Marni
01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I've looked for the stitch legend and it isn't there. I've got the basic concept of these, but I don't understand how you know which stitches are purled and which are knitted with that code. Unless this code always applies to a knitted cable with a purled background. Oiy. It's just a moss diamond cable pattern.
I'll keep looking. :help:

KnittingNat
01-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Marni,
from what i can understand, you have a cabled pattern on a rib background.
2/2 LC= Left slanting Cable consisting of 4 knit sts. Slip 2 sts on cable needle, hold in front, knit 2 sts, knit 2 from cable needle.
2/2 RC= Right slanting Cable consisting of 4 knit sts. Slip 2 sts in cable needle, hold in back, knit 2, knit 2 from cable needle.
In these cases you cross the cables.
2/1 LPC= Slip 2 sts to cable needle,hold in front, Purl 1, knit 2 sts from cable needle. (you moved your cable to the Left)
2/1 RPC = Slip 1 st to cable needle, hold in back, knit 2 sts, Purl 1 from cable needle.(you moved your cable to the Right)
In these cases you're just moving the cable to the right or to the left, without two cables crossing each other.
HTH

Marni
01-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks so much:muah: ! That's kinda of what I figured what was going on. Thanks for taking the time to put it in writing!