PDA

View Full Version : whatcha think?

jberry16
01-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Ok I need your honest oppinion, please. Do you think this looks funny having a v neck sweater with a cable in the front under the v, it's a rectangle of purl sts with a tripple cable thing going down. I'm not sure that I'm too hapy with it. Any thoughts? I really wanted a little something at the v of the sweater, but couldn't find something that I thought was nice, any ideas?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3339/3177879646_9e2d91e66c.jpg?v=0
thanks

KnitTogether
01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't think it looks funny at all! I think the v neck draws attention to the cable, and for the work that goes into the cable, it should have attention drawn to it! Now, if you're not happy with it - then that is the only consideration. But personally, I love the color, and I like that the neck draws the eye to the cable. Just my opinion! :)

Eccie
01-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't think it looks funny either. I like it.

RuthieinMaryland
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi! :waving:

If you're really not happy with it when you get it done, I'll be happy to send you a self-addressed, stamped shipping box so you can just pop it in and mail it along to me! :)

Why? Because I think it's AWESOME! :yay:

It's not the usual pattern treatment, the color is lovely and from what I can tell from the photo, your stitching is very professional.

Of course you've got to decide for yourself, but if votes count I'd give it a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Ruthie :clink:

KnitTogether
01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi! :waving:

If you're really not happy with it when you get it done, I'll be happy to send you a self-addressed, stamped shipping box so you can just pop it in and mail it along to me! :)

:doh: I can't believe I didn't think of that! Darn! If it gets lost on the way to Ruthie's house, it can have a home with me!:rofl:

lulubell
01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I think it looks great. The cable going into the V is how I usually do the sleeveless vests I knit for my Dad. I wonder if you would be happier if the purls followed right up until they were worked out by the V shaping? I would be perfectly happy to wear your jersey!

jberry16
01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Well I decided to try it on before I made a decision & it was too low cut & too bit around so I ended up :tink: the entire thing :(
O well I'll cast on for it later, thanks for all y'alls help/ideas/opinions.

Plantgoddess+
01-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Too bad about sizing, it looked great.

Marria
01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I like it. If you decide to reknit it, I'd keep the V-neck because it's unusual. You might want to consider doing an edging for it in single crochet, to make it a bit more "solid".

suzeeq
01-08-2009, 12:00 AM
An edging or small neckband might have raised the neckline a little too. Oh well, next incarnation....

crazykntter83
01-08-2009, 12:24 AM
too bad you tinked it. I thought it was quite lovely. Good luck on your second go around. :)

lulubell
01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry it was not what you wanted... all that work and lovely even knitting too...