PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who gets really excited

AngieLanigan
01-11-2009, 09:32 AM
when a knitting pattern starts to actually make sense? LOL

I still haven't gotten to the point where I can read a pattern and envision from the start what the stitches are "doing" to make the pattern turn out like the finished object, if that makes sense. So, I jump in head first and trust that following the pattern will eventually turn into a FO I can recognize. I get really excited once I've knitted enough for the whys and hows of the pattern start to be evident and I can start to see why I'm knitting how I am, kwim?

Am I the only one who finds this oddly exciting and satisfying? :oo:

Crycket
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
It is totally satisfying!

There are so many times where I have looked beyond a pattern and got completely lost...but by the time you knit to it...it is easy as pie!

heatherg23
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I was jumpin for joy when the lightbulb went off in my head and in one split second I understood everything. Learning the knit was the hardest thing I ever had to do. That's why I was thrilled!:woot:

tokmom
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I almost passed on a few patterns because just reading them made my head spin. Once I got to knitting it made sense and I found it wasn't as difficult as I first thought.

Marria
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh my goodness, yes. I am working on a sweater right now The Dollar and a Half Cardigan (or as I've come to call it "The Infamous Dollar and a Half Cardigan") with instructions that are really confusing. When I finally understood them, I was exceedingly thrilled!