PDA

View Full Version : DK wt similar to Claudia's fingering merino?

hwn222
01-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm looking for a similar yarn to Claudia hand painted yarn merino fingering wt but in a DK weight instead.

http://www.theloopyewe.com/dynamic/productimages/657/1653/show/

My BF wants a scarf but knows exactly what he wants as far as the feel and color. I finally got him into the LYS to "touch-shop" and the only one he really loved was the fingering weight above. Unfortunately, I need a DK for the pattern and they didn't really have anything there that fit the bill. Anyone have a suggestion? I would like a yarn with great stitch definition and subtle hand/kettle-dyed color so the pattern (a herringbone) looks great. He would like a dark green/olive without alpaca that is super-soft but "not fuzzy" (no halo). I suppose I could double the Claudia yarn, but that just doesn't sound fun (or good for stitch def) when there are so many other lovely yarns out there. Cost is not an issue - he's paying. :teehee:

Thanks so much for suggestions!!

suzeeq
01-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Well if you doubled fingering weight, you get worsted, which is only a little heavier than DK so it would do fine for a scarf, on just a little larger needles than you'd knit DK on.