PDA

View Full Version : SPRING SWAP!!- It's all go! :)

tarrentella
01-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Final Postal Date - MARCH 24th - all parcels must be posted by this date.

17.02.09 - Finally despite my sudden disorganization - SWAP PARTENERS HAVE BEEN SENT. everybody whould now have a swap partner. If you have not yet received it, check both your email address and KH messages and your spam folder. IF it is still not there then send me a PM and i wil sort it out.

09.02.09 - Sorry i have been running a little behind schedual .. phew what a weekend I had! Names and questionares are being scrutinised and mulled over ready to go soon. More info on page 2.

02.02.09 - names of those taking part is on page 2. if you have sent a questionare and your name isn't up PM me.

THERE IS STILL TIME TO JOIN! just send me a PM answereing the questions below.

So on the avise of my most trusted knitting advisors (you lot) my first swap will be the SPRING 2009 SWAP.

Here is the plan:
Swapees will fill out a short questionaire (below) giving us details of what spring and knitting meens to you. Registration and forms will be in by the 7th of February!
Names will be swapped and the details given to your partners. I like secret swaps but it is entirely up to you how much you want to reveal to your partner about who ou are or what you are getting them.
Once details are swapped then there will be a month to get packages out and in the mail. That takes us into March, just the right time to start thinking about spring (or autumn) knitting.

This is open to people in all countries but i will try and match people within countries to reduce cost. The focus of the packages should be the yarn but as always if you want to add extras then you are more than welcome!

Questionaire (to be PM'd to me)

1) Knitting Help name
2) Real life name
3) alternative email address
4) do you wish to be contacted via KH or email?
5) Are you southern or northern hemisphere?
6) what colours do you like and associate with the coming season?
7) What does spring (or autumn) mean to you?
8) Is there a particular garment or item that you think is essential for spring/autumn.
9) Any pertinant allergies? (I don't think an allergy to penicillin is necassary but we dont want to give you hives if you can't touch wool!)
10) what is your maximum spend on yarn (5, 10, 15, 20)?
11) Are you prepared to post internationally.
12) What is your postal address?

Have fun!

oneyarn
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I sent in my questionaire.....looking forward to this swap.

Freyja
01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Questionaire all filled out.....looking forward to my first swap.

tarrentella
01-13-2009, 09:26 AM
YAY my first sign ups!

I was silly and forgot to put the important question of What is your postal adress on the questionare. It is now added.

tarrentella
01-18-2009, 08:27 AM
bump

hartleystudio
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Just PM'd ya!

Thanks!

lelvsdgs
01-18-2009, 11:39 PM
I pm'd you as well.
Question. Will this just be a yarn swap or just spring stuff in general (yarn included of course :happydance: )? It's gonna be fun!

tarrentella
01-19-2009, 07:30 AM
YARN SWAP.:cheering:

The only thing that absolutely has to be in the swap package is yarn. anything else is up to you as swappers!:yay: :thumbsup:

oneyarn
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Always happy to get more yarn!

lelvsdgs
01-20-2009, 11:44 PM
YARN SWAP.:cheering:

The only thing that absolutely has to be in the swap package is yarn. anything else is up to you as swappers!:yay: :thumbsup:

This is going to be fun!!! A chance to buy more yarn!!!:happydance: :woohoo:

AngieLanigan
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
I signed up too! My first swap, woot!

lelvsdgs
01-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I signed up too! My first swap, woot!
I've done a couple of them and they are FUN!:woohoo:

lactosefree
01-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm in! Yay a new swap! (just pm'd you) :woot:

tarrentella
02-02-2009, 08:41 AM
:woohoo: thank you to every one who has signed up so far. It is looking like a great crowd. Just one more week of sign ups then we are go :)

the names so far:

Knitfan
lactose fee
AngieLanigan
Nephnie
Freyja
MAmaDawn
Hartelystudio
lelvsdgs
MoniDew
OneYarn
pcmaya
KnitPixie
CheekyPrincess

lelvsdgs
02-02-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm very excited about this one! Should be lots of fun! :woohoo:

wezyus
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
i want to take part but dont know how..if somebody can help me ...thnks

AshleyP
02-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Same here.... This looks like fun, but I don't really get it! :) Can someone please explain, or link to another thread with more details?

Thanks!!

oneyarn
02-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Read the first post where eveyone is invited to join. It explains just about everything you need to know. If not, just ask.
Everyone here is lots of help and these swaps are a fun way to make new friends.

cheekyprincess
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Just PM'd you! I love swaps! :woohoo: Cant wait to get our " swapee names" :cheering:

Angie

tarrentella
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks cheeky princess.

Sign up is closed. Not a huge group but im sure we will all have fun. Give me a couple of days and i will work on pairing people up. Keep an eye on your inboxes (and spam boxes just to be safe). I will keep you updated on here :D

yaayyyyy!! i'm all excited.

Ashley P and Wezyus - the idea is the people who sign up (by PMing me with their answers to the questions in the first post) are secretly matched with a swap partner. You then buy and create a package containing yarn, based on their answers to the questions to send to them and wait and see what your partner has got you.

A will by for B and B will buy for C and so on and so forth. Initially who has who as swap partners is kept secret, but it is up to those taking part how much they want to reveal.

ISnce i was a little tardy in answering your questions if you still want to join in, i can give you an extra day to get your questionares to me.

(im going on GMT since i am in UK. It is 22:50 here at the moment which i think is 17:50 EST so let's say the deadline is 18:00 EST Tuesday for you guys or 23:00 GMT for me)

AshleyP
02-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks Sophie! I get it now.... :)

I think I'll pass on this swap but thanks for offering to let us in late.

Ashley

*KnitPixie*
02-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks Sophie!!! So sweet of you to allow us late comers to join.... I sent in my questionnarie and am so excited:woot: :cheering: :happydance:

tarrentella
02-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks KnitPixie I got your PM and have added you to the list.
now for some planning and matching.

Freyja
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I am going to tell all......

I bought....wait for it....

Chocolate, for my soon to be swapper.:yay:

I also made some almond brittle. I hope my swapper is not allergic to almonds.:oo:

tarrentella
02-12-2009, 05:17 PM
YAY!! as far as i am aware she isn't Freyja ... i'd better double check!

the list is almost complete, i got a little confused sorting it. Time to start checking your inboxes!

oneyarn
02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
:woot: Got my partner....now the planning begins.

lelvsdgs
02-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh boy! I can't wait to get my partner!:woohoo:

*KnitPixie*
02-14-2009, 02:16 AM
I checked my spam box but it wasn't there yet..maybe tomorrow:wink:

lelvsdgs
02-15-2009, 12:23 AM
I checked my spam box but it wasn't there yet..maybe tomorrow:wink:

Yeah, me too... :)

Freyja
02-15-2009, 03:37 PM
:woot: Got my partner!!!!

lelvsdgs
02-15-2009, 05:20 PM
:woohoo: Just checked and I got my partner! Off to go find some yummy yarn and goodies!!!:out:

tarrentella
02-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Just a few more left to go out (i fell asleep before finishing last night)
Sorry to all those people who are still waiting.

Now is time to start spying on your partners and find out what they would like.
If you want to help your partners snooping, why not post your Ravelry name on here so they can look at your wish lists and stash and things?

MAmaDawn
02-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm MamaDawn there too

Freyja
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
I am Frey-ja in Ravelry

MoniDew
02-16-2009, 01:58 PM
You are getting your partners already? Maybe I missed mine. Can it be resent?

I'm all frantic!

Freyja
02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Swap list information..... :hiding:if you are not on the list here,
:poke: please speak up.

The more we know, the better the swap.:cheering:

KH-name ------------- ravelry-name? received packages √

Knitfan--------------- ?knitfan √
lactosefree----------- lactosefree √
AngieLanigan--------- AngieLanigan
Nephnie-------------- Nephnie √
Freyja---------------- Frey-ja
MAmaDawn----------- MamaDawn √
Hartelystudio--------- Hartleystudio √
lelvsdgs-------------- lelvsdgs √
MoniDew------------- MoniDew
oneyarn------------- oneyarn √
pcmaya-------------- pcmaya √
*KnitPixie*----------- KnitPixie √
CheekyPrincess------ cheekyprincess √
grandmaknit----------LovingGrandma √
?--------------------we are missing people
?--------------------" "?

If you are not on here, tell me.
I looked up the names based on cities/state.
Fill in the blanks!

oneyarn
02-16-2009, 07:47 PM
oneyarn here, oneyarn there

lactosefree
02-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes please! If you're not listed please speak up!

I was thinking... for those who don't have a ravelry account, what other information could we share about ourselves on here? It's sorta hard to stalk someone if they're not on ravelry and there is no information on their profile.

lelvsdgs
02-16-2009, 10:49 PM
This may be a stupid question but do we have a send by deadline date yet? I reread the first page and all I see is a month from when the info is swapped. I may be ordering something :happydance: :happydance: and want to know the deadline.

Thanks!

MAmaDawn
02-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I still don't have my partner... I don't have a spam folder so I know it's not there... does everyone else already have theirs?

nephnie
02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
still haven't gotten mine, either. i think that was a good thing because i was forced to actually study for my test instead of blowing it off to go shopping. i have a tendancy to do that:blush:

cheekyprincess
02-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi, I have not recieved my partner yet. My PC crashed, so maybe the name is in my inbox? Could you PLEASE resend it via PM on KH? That is going to be the best way to reach me until further notice. The only other PC in the house is my teenage daughters, and well lets just say I wont be on much. LOL It is a desktop in her room so if she isnt sleeping she is on the darn thing. :o( I am hoping to have my laptop fixed in the next week, but we will see.
Hugs,
Angie

AngieLanigan
02-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I received mine, thanks! I'm AngieLanigan on Ravelry, too :)

tarrentella
02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Everyone should have now recieved there swap partners. I have set the final postal date as Wednesday 24th of March. All updates are going on the very first post of this thread (it could get very long!)

Just to clarify, you will recieve the name and details of somebody to buy for and somebody else will receive your name and details. You won't know who is buying for you unless they choose to tell you.

The only requirement for the parcels is that they contain yarn and are spring themed (according to what your partner thinks of spring in their details).

Have fun!

loveyarn
02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Hartelystudio, I'm your partner and I'm not sure what kinds of vest you like... the only one I saw on your rav account doesn't have a pattern... what kind of vest do you like my dear?

dreamsherl
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Tarrentella,
I sent you a PM on the 13th. Was this date to late to join? If was it's cool.

AngieLanigan
02-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I've got all my goodies bought for my partner! Just need to find a box for it :mrgreen: I'm so excited!

lelvsdgs
02-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I've got all my goodies bought for my partner! Just need to find a box for it :mrgreen: I'm so excited!
WOW you are done already!!!:thud: That is awesome! I've started but not quite finished. This is exciting!!!:happydance:

tarrentella
02-23-2009, 07:48 PM
sounds like some of you are well on track :D

Although it is not necassary to contact your partner and i know many of you like to keep things secret, it would be nice if you could give some indication to your partenr that you are alive and well either through a pm email or post on here.

nephnie
02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
ok, here's my update! I have to wait until I get paid on friday to go shopping, but I've been looking around. I have two LYS in mind. I can't wait to spend money on something that isn't bills. shopping for others is my favorite thing. ;)

pcmaya
02-24-2009, 01:07 AM
I've been pondering what I want to put in your package - Oneyarn!! I want it to be perfect:cheering:

I'm going to work on it this week!!!

cheekyprincess
02-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Well, I am having a lot of luck finding goodies for my swap partner! I found the cutest _________ and ________ for _________! :cheering: Hope everyone is having as much fin as I am with this swap~Happy Shopping! Angie

AngieLanigan
02-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm so excited about this swap! I feel kinda badly that the only place I really have to shop is Michaels, with their multitude of acrylics and fun furs and few natural fibre options... I wish I had access to some of the beautiful "designer" yarns out there. BUT, I did some digging and sleuthing ;) on my partner and I hope I did a good job of choosing yarns (and other goodies!) that she'll like (and be able to use). I liked being able to drop in a few regional bits, too :) I'm all boxed up, and will be shipping on payday next week!

KelseyRae
02-25-2009, 12:39 AM
I found some yarn in just the colours that my partner said she likes. I hope it fits the bill for what she's into. I also found a pattern that I think I might get for her. Not sure yet though. Just gathering the rest of the goodies and putting the finishing touches on it.
I really hope she likes it!!

lelvsdgs
02-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Gathering yarn is jewel tones or maybe pastels... perhaps some pixie dust as well...

MAmaDawn
02-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm so excited about this swap! I feel kinda badly that the only place I really have to shop is Michaels, with their multitude of acrylics and fun furs and few natural fibre options... I wish I had access to some of the beautiful "designer" yarns out there. BUT, I did some digging and sleuthing ;) on my partner and I hope I did a good job of choosing yarns (and other goodies!) that she'll like (and be able to use). I liked being able to drop in a few regional bits, too :) I'm all boxed up, and will be shipping on payday next week!

Knitpicks is great for getting nice yarn when you don't have a LYS near you. And if you are doing a swap you can use the excuse that you should buy some for yourself too so you can get the free shipping... opps did I say that? :teehee:

AngieLanigan
02-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Knitpicks is great for getting nice yarn when you don't have a LYS near you. And if you are doing a swap you can use the excuse that you should buy some for yourself too so you can get the free shipping... opps did I say that? :teehee:

Thanks! I did think about ordering from online, but where I'min Canada I was worried the shipping time would cut too close.

MAmaDawn
02-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks! I did think about ordering from online, but where I'min Canada I was worried the shipping time would cut too close.

I didn't notice you were in Canada... well I'm sure what ever you got your partner will love... and Micheals has a lot more yarn now than they used to. They have some pretty ones and lots of different fibers.

oneyarn
02-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Sent you an email...trying to keep it secret.
Shopped yesterday and found a couple of extras to put in your package...have the yarn ready to go...just want to find a couple more things to send you....maybe a pattern or two?

hartleystudio
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Love Yarn:

We have been out of town, sorry this took so long! Don't worry about my making a vest! Just choose some yarn you think I'd like and I'll work with it! I love to try new stuff, I'll probably never get to a vest anyway!!!!

Thanks for asking, can't wait to get my swap!!

:)

lactosefree
02-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Woo hoo! I'm ready to go! A pattern, yarn for the pattern, a notion and a yummy treat. I had fun picking out all the bits and pieces at my local yarn store. I hope my swap partner likes it! :)

nephnie
03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I found a pattern and got enough yarn for it. I hope it works...still learning exactly how to substitute for yarns. It only took me five LYS to find it. Now that the hard part is over, it's off to find other fun things!!

tarrentella
03-02-2009, 05:35 AM
yay, sounds like you guys are having fun with your shopping :yay:

i love reading all these little snippets, i can't wait until packages start being sent and recieved :woot:

MAmaDawn
03-02-2009, 08:42 AM
I got some yarn.... and found a pattern... going to make something and look some more....

Freyja
03-03-2009, 07:02 PM
grandmaknit, I am almost ready for a trip to the Post Office.:cheering:

Yarn √
2 spring patterns √
2 patterns for fun √
treats and goodies... √

I am now having fun with tissue paper.:)

oneyarn
03-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Start watching your mail...package is on it's way to the west coast.:woot:

pcmaya
03-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Hartleystudio:

Thank you so much for all my goodies!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3297/3328517266_7db8d296bf.jpg

Everything is perfect! I love, love the colors of the yarn especially the pink. I am definitely a pink girl!! Oh yeah, did I mention I am a dark chocolate fan? You could not have done a better job picking out my goodies:muah:

tarrentella
03-05-2009, 06:12 AM
oh isnt that gorgeous! nice job Hartleystudio!

What was in the package? i spotted the chocolate :) and i think the green yarn is a cascade yarn but i cant figure out what the pink is or what is in the bottle.

pcmaya
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, that is Cascade yarn. Also in the package: Lanaloft yarn, a journal, note paper, Eucalan (no rinse delicate wash), dark chocolate key lime truffle bar and dark chocolate raspberry lemon biscotti truffle bar. I think we should rename the swap from Spring Swap to Christmas in Spring :)

AngieLanigan
03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
oooh,so pretty! Love the green and pink!

lactosefree
03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I got a missed package notice from the post office today... could it be my swap package!? Wooo! I'm excited to go pick it up!

lelvsdgs
03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Got more goodies today, just waiting on one more thing and I'll be ready to send! :woohoo:

Freyja
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Dropped a box full of yarn and goodies off at the Post Office this morning.:blooby:
This being my first swap, I might have gone a teeny, tiny bit overboard:aww:
but I had a great time filling that box!:cheering:

lactosefree
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I finally had a chance to pick up my package from the post office and it is indeed my swap package! :woot:

Thanks OneYarn! I absolutely :heart: it! I will take pictures and post them as soon as I can find the cord to my camera to upload.

oneyarn
03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Happy that you liked your "spring", lactosefree. I had fun putting it together for you.

lactosefree
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
My spring swap from OneYarn:

1. flower pot
2. petunia seeds
3. "dirt" - Araucania Ranco Multy in colorway 308
4. Patons booklet with sock patterns
5. 'flip flop' clips
6. sew on personal tabs/labels
7. hot fudge brownie

Receiving my package has really motivated me to send along mine to my swap partner. I have all the parts... just need to find a box/envelope for the goods.

lelvsdgs
03-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Oooo, great goodies! I will have my package in the mail by the weekend, or maybe sooner...:woohoo:

Freyja
03-09-2009, 11:50 PM
:yay:yarn and goodies, yarn and goodies:cheering:

tarrentella
03-10-2009, 03:42 AM
I can personally vouch that the fidge brownie is delicious ... i got something similar in the post last year!

Nice work OneYarn :)

AngieLanigan
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I shipped my package today! I just want to let my partner (cheekyprincess) know, I mailed some yarn across the border (I'm in Canada) to another member in February, and it took almost a month to reach her. The box had been cut open and resealed, and I suspect it may have been held up in customs. I hope your package arrives quicker than that. I paid the extra cost to send it Expidited so I could track it at least, after worrying the last one I sent had gotten lost... so if you haven't received it in the 2 weeks or so, please let me know!

cheekyprincess
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok, I will be on the lookout for it!
Thanks!

cheekyprincess
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Well, I just got home from mailing my package! Knitfan, be on the lookout. :inlove: I hope you like your goodies. I had a great time putting it all together for you!
Hugs,
Angie

tarrentella
03-18-2009, 06:18 AM
looks like the postal service is going to be busy the next few days!

knitfan
03-18-2009, 01:00 PM
I will be watching my mail! So fun!

cheekyprincess
03-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, I arrived home yesterday from a busy day running errands to a little "sorry we missed you" note from the post office. Could it be??? YES!!!!!!! My swap package! And they were closed for the day. :grrr: So today was another busy one, BUT I just got home from retreving my package at the post office!! :woohoo: THANK YOU Angie!!! I love it all! I recieved 4 skiens of bernat cotton, two skiens of Bernat Alpacha, bath confetti shaped like flowers and leaves, cute notes cards and coordinating notebook,post cards and salt water taffy. The taffy is NOT pictured, because I ate it ALL ALREADY! LOL :angelgrin: I hope everyone else is as pleased as I am! Thanks again fellow "Angie" :muah:

AngieLanigan
03-19-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm so glad it arrived quickly and that you're happy with it!

Freyja
03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
:woohoo:Great yarn and goodies:woohoo:

MoniDew
03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
As far as I know, I have yet to receive a partner. If they've been assigned, I missed it. Could it be pm'd to me here, in case it's getting lost in my spam box? Thanks!

lelvsdgs
03-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I am so embarrassed... I was cleaning out my email junk file and I think I deleted a message from my swap partner... so if I was your partner and you sent an email to my regular email address, could you please resend it???:oops: :oops: :oops: I am sooo sorry...

lelvsdgs
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
At the end of a very long, very demoralizing day, I came home to find a big package from Sharan! Sharan, you will never know how much of a blessing your package is! Sharan sent me 3 kinds of yarn, some wonderful notions in a cute cloth holder, some bath and body items, a lovely mugh with Amazing Grace on it and some tea! There were more goodies too, fun Mary Engelbriet stickers and a little notepad, the perfect size to put in my take a long knitting bag...

I am overwhelmed by your generosity and will post pictures tomorrow night... Thanks again, you are a blessing...:muah:

lactosefree
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
I just got back from the post office... a package to Canada is on its way! If you're in Canada, don't know who your swap partner is, and haven't gotten your package yet, keep an eye out! :D

knitfan
03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Just want to give a shout out to Angie for all the wonderful yarns and goodies she sent me!! The yarn colors are very much what I like; lots of green, lime/pink; a beautiful green journal, candy and tons of wonderful flower seeds to scatter and plant!!
Thank you so much--it is very much appreciated. I would post a picutre but do not have a camera nor high speed internet.

Rene'

nephnie
03-25-2009, 07:07 AM
ok, two things.

Thank you Rene' for the wonderful package. I was soooo excited when I got it. I LOVE everything. The yarn is perfect. I will post a pic soon...I have school tonight and I just got home from housesitting.

Second, MamaDawn, your package was sent out yesterday. I would've sent it sooner, but I didn't have internet so I couldn't tell you to be on the lookout.

oneyarn
03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Just checking in to see if anymore packages have been mailed or recieved.
Is anyone else still waiting to recieve thier goodies besides me?
I heard a couple of weeks ago from my pal who was in the middle of some major life changes saying my package would be late since she had misplaced the first one and had to shop again.

hartleystudio
03-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, Oneyarn, I am still waiting as well...I heard from my partner way in the beginning in a post on this thread and haven't heard back....

I'm still waiting too.....??????? Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Freyja
03-31-2009, 01:52 PM
I am still waiting also.

I did receive a nice thank you note from my swapper grandmaknit (sharan). She sent me her thank you in the the book New Knits on the Block (http://www.amazon.com/New-Knits-Block-Knitting-Really/dp/1402720653/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238521703&sr=8-1) by vickie Howell.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Sharan.

AngieLanigan
03-31-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm still waiting, but very patiently. Since I'm in Canada I expect a longer wait time for shipping... especially since it's always possible customs will decide yarn poses a security threat and decides to inspect it LOL

lelvsdgs
03-31-2009, 11:15 PM
I FINALLY got my package for KnitPixie mailed off today. So very late, and I apologize so much...

loveyarn
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah, Oneyarn, I am still waiting as well...I heard from my partner way in the beginning in a post on this thread and haven't heard back....

I'm still waiting too.....??????? Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Yours is on the way.... I did post just under my regular name so you didn't know... I'm stealthy like that... :teehee:

hartleystudio
04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Yours is on the way.... I did post just under my regular name so you didn't know... I'm stealthy like that... :teehee:

VERY stealthy! I'm impressed! I'm also VERY excited!!!

I can't wait! I need something to look forward to and this is great!!!

:woot: :woot:

oneyarn
04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
:woohoo: Got a message today that mine was mailed out on Monday from sunny Florida.

Great to see that others are moving toward their new homes, also.

loveyarn
04-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh and hartleystudio, make sure you look all the way at the bottom.. I had to slip one thing in because i realized that I left it out....

hartleystudio
04-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, Ok then! I will do that for sure! I can't wait to see what you sent!!! I'm super excited!!! :yay:

hartleystudio
04-02-2009, 06:24 PM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!!! I totally LOVE it and it's so perfect!! I love the vest pattern and the yarn is awesome!! I love all the treats, it's awesome!!!!!

I will take pictures when I have a second to post them!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Now, who are you REALLY!! Ms. Sneaky!!!

:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

Freyja
04-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Checking (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1206685&postcount=36) out who has got a package:woohoo:

MAmaDawn
04-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I got mine... it was wonderful too... it made me go and buy more yarn... :teehee: It had Malabrigo in it and I had never felt that before... now I get why everyone loves it.

Sorry I forgot to post about it, my partner sent me and email about it coming and I got it just a few hours before she did. So I emailed her back and just forgot about posting it.

Hartley, glad you liked yours, too.

oneyarn
04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Had a notice in my mailbox today that my package is at the post office. Will not be able to pick it up till Monday.

*KnitPixie*
04-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Angie hi there I am your pal;) Just wanted you to know you were not forgotten and your package is being sent out first thing monday morning via UPS..I am so sorry for the late send but I had everything ready and was just waiting on the arrival of your pretty, smooshy yarn. It came today, I put it in the box and now it is ready to make its way to you. Oh....I really hope you like it!

AngieLanigan
04-05-2009, 12:24 PM
So you're my mystery e-mailer! No worries! I'll start watching out for it in a week or so. Pretty, smooshy yarn, eh? I can't wait! :mrgreen:

oneyarn
04-06-2009, 06:51 PM
:woot: I am so excited ---I picked up my package today at the post office and want to thank Michelle for all my Spring/Easter goodies. I love everything she sent me.
2 skeins of Deborah Noville Serenity Sport Weight yarn in white and aqua (I almost brought some on the way to the post office today to try) each in their own Easter Baskets ( a bunny and a chicken), some pink rabbit socks, some really cute memo pads in the shape of flowers, a frog wind chime, the pedicure sock pattern from Knitty, and lots of easter candy.
Thank you for everything you were a great spoiler!

Freyja
04-13-2009, 01:44 AM
I have no clue who has my name.:shrug:
I check beside my front door every mail day.:pray:
Have I been lost and forgotten? :cry:

hartleystudio
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh my gosh! This has taken me WAYYYYY too long to post and I am very sorry!

Here is what was in my swap box,...

3 skeins patons wool (awesome red)
two skeins of knitpicks sock yarn (so yummy!!)
one vest pattern (really, really cute)
stitch markers (handmade and really pretty)
teeny sweater keychain (love it! it's in my studio)
CHOCOLATE (need I say more?)
jelly beans (my husband and kids had to be physically removed from these!!)
flower seeds (my kids love planting these outside)
magnetic note pad (use them all the time!!)

Thanks so much!!! I love everything you sent, I can't wait until my kids are both over this virus so I can knit again!!!

:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

*KnitPixie*
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
I got my package and I Love, Love, Love it!! My pal lelvdgs (Lee) went over and beyond on my package. The yarn is beautiful and she made me a bunch of handknit dishcloths as a side present( she knows my hands are bad with cotton)I was so touched by this..what a sweetheart she is!!!

pics coming soon

lelvsdgs
04-13-2009, 10:53 PM
I got my package and I Love, Love, Love it!! My pal lelvdgs (Lee) went over and beyond on my package. The yarn is beautiful and she made me a bunch of handknit dishcloths as a side present( she knows my hands are bad with cotton)I was so touched by this..what a sweetheart she is!!!

pics coming soon

I'm so glad it finally got to you and that you like it! I had lots of fun gathering things and making the dishcloths. Enjoy!

lelvsdgs
04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I have no clue who has my name.:shrug:
I check beside my front door every mail day.:pray:
Have I been lost and forgotten? :cry:

Have you contacted Tarrantella? You might send her a private message and see what's up. So sorry you haven't received and notification. :hug:

Freyja
04-23-2009, 06:21 PM
received packages √ :woohoo:

KH------------------- Ravelry
Knitfan--------------- ?knitfan √
lactosefree----------- lactosefree √
Nephnie-------------- Nephnie √
MAmaDawn----------- MamaDawn √
Hartelystudio--------- Hartleystudio √
lelvsdgs-------------- lelvsdgs √
oneyarn------------- oneyarn √
pcmaya-------------- pcmaya √
*KnitPixie*----------- KnitPixie √
CheekyPrincess------ cheekyprincess √
grandmaknit----------LovingGrandma √
AngieLanigan--------- AngieLanigan √
MoniDew------------- MoniDew √
Freyja---------------- Frey-ja √
KelseyRae------------?KelseyRae

AngieLanigan
04-27-2009, 07:03 PM
My package came today! A big huge thank you to KnitPixie! I'll post pics as soon as I can, I was dealing with a nasty computer virus all day, had to format my computer and don't have my photo editing program reinstalled yet.

I got 3 skiens of Knit Picks wool of the andes in a gorgeous soft pink colour, and 2 other skiens of 100% wool in a darker pink (my favourite colour). Patterns for hat/mitts/cowl with the most adorable cabled owl pattern on them, that makes me wonder if my pal noticed that I'd favourited the owl sweater on Ravelry? :mrgreen: I'm so going to make them for myself for next winter!

I also got a daisy/pot ornament, some flower seeds and gardening gloves, a HUGE chocolate bar (yum!), a picture frame, tape measure and a knitting guage (which I keep meaning to buy one but have never gotten around to). ETA: and these really pretty pink crystal bead stitch markers!

AND, she's such a sweetie, she also included 3 super hero colouring books and crayons for my boys. They were SO excited when they discovered something for them in the box, you have no idea!

Thank you so so much, everything is perfect and I love it all!

ps- The box did get held up at customs. The box was opened and resealed, and very obviously rifled through. Everything was undamaged, though :) As I mailed a box of yarn out for another swap, I commented to the postal worker that customs must think that we're a bunch of knitting terrorists, out to take over the world with yarn :roflhard:

*KnitPixie*
05-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Angie I am so glad you like your package:muah:

And without further adieu(and I apologize to my pal Lee for the lateness)..is my wonderful package which I absoulutely :heart:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/3495639949_f4190b87c7.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3496469834_2f07dea400.jpg?v=0

MoniDew
05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
I have received a lovely package! Thank you so much for my beautiful things!!!! Kelsey is the best!!! Pics posted in Whatcha' Knittin'.
But after multiple attempts to find out, I have yet to hear who my recipient is :shrug: If you are missing a package/partner, it could be me! Please PM!!!!!!!

lactosefree
05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I sent my package to KesleyRae at the end of March.... Kelsey did you receive it yet? It was sent from California.. I hope it's not being held up in customs!

lelvsdgs
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Angie I am so glad you like your package:muah:

And without further adieu(and I apologize to my pal Lee for the lateness)..is my wonderful package which I absoulutely :heart:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/3495639949_f4190b87c7.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3496469834_2f07dea400.jpg?v=0

Oh I'm so glad you liked everything! I haven't been on here in forever. Work is crazy and when I get home I just crash. I hope that cotton blend is something that you can work with. It sure felt nice!

MoniDew
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
after leaving a post here that I had never received a swap partner assignment, I heard that Freyja had no partner. So, off in the post yesterday went a package to her. I hope she likes everything I picked out for her! I'm so happy to have been able to participate in this!

Freyja
06-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I go out of town for 11 day and guess what happens?
My DH calls to tell (taunt) me about a box.
He asked if I wanted him to open the box and describe what was inside.:noway:
He felt daring with me across the country.:teehee:

Spring Swap box, what a home coming surprise.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3331/3623526764_554983cd17.jpg
:woohoo:Thank you, MoniDew!

Here are all the blue and green goodies in my box.cloud9
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3319/3623526922_78f304277f.jpg
Gloves, Basil seeds, Pot
Green tea, Heart shaped tea ball
4 balls of worsted Valley Yarns - Ocean Heather, 2 balls of lace Jagger spun- Turquoise, and Eucalan wash :woot::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::woot:

MoniDew
06-13-2009, 08:21 PM
so happy to see that everything arrived in good shape! YEAY!!

Freyja
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
MoniDew, tonight I am going to have a cup of tea and pick just the right patterns for the beautiful yarns you sent.
:muah:thank you!!!!!

MoniDew
06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
enjoy! :)