PDA

View Full Version : Face Cloth

knitterific
01-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I am a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and I would like to make face cloths to give as gifts to my customers. My question is: What brand/type of yard do you suggest that would be soft enough to use on the face? I can knit and crochet, but I am not very educated about the best types of yarns for different projects. I am looking for a yarn that is not too pricey, but will hold up to the washing machine.

I would love to hear your suggestions!

knitasha
01-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Cotton is the most commonly used, but I think linen makes the most elegant face cloths. Euroflax is my favorite. It feels a bit stiff as you knit it but it softens up after washing.

Hemp is a good choice for a mildly exfoliating cloth.
Bamboo is another possibility.
All can be machine washed.

Woodi
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Facecloths are typically made of cotton, but I sell soap, and one year decided to knit a bunch of facecloths to offer as gift ideas to my customers. I did them in a pure silk, which was a bit pricey, but they sold like hotcakes, for $7 each. I made them about 6 to 8 inches square.

Jan in CA
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I would use a soft cotton not the type often used for dishcloths (sugar and cream, etc). I actually don't like that yarn at all even for dishcloths so I use Tahki Cotton Classic. The colors are gorgeous and it makes a nice cloth.
http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/dyn_prod.php?p=CCT&k=74273

Sunshine's Mom
01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Woodi, did the silk wash well? Can you put in the machine or only wash by hand?

sgtpam
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I made some with I Love My Cotton (Hobby Lobby). It's a really soft cotton that's about the same price as the sugar and cream line and much softer.

dturner
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
There are also some cotton/iinen blends that are nice, and less expensive than pure linen. KnitPicks has one called Cotlin. Elann also carries a blend, but I don't remember what it's called.

MoniDew
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM
if it is intended to be luxurious and intended to be a gift, I vote for silk.
washing lipstick out of silk, on the other hand.....