PDA

View Full Version : Sock yarn hat pattern flat to circular?

utcarsons
01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Hello all,

Got a great free pattern at the lys the other day with a skein of sock yarn... only takes one skein of Happy Feet. Problem is the hat is knitted flat and I would like to knit it in the round. I cant find the pattern online anywhere and assume I cant post it. Are there any websites, etc. that help or have instructions on converting a pattern?

It is basically a beanie with 1x1 ribbing for an inch or so, then 3x3 ribbing... the decreasing is what has me worried as it includes ssk and I dont know how I would make that look right when always on the right side? KWIM?

Ive looked all over and cant find a similar pattern with fingering weight yarn...

Jodie

MMario
01-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Are the decreases on both RS and WS rows? Could you post a decrese row or two?

utcarsons
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Sure can :)

row 1 (RS): K1, *(K2, SSK, P2, K3, P3), REPEAT FROM * TO LAST ST, END K1.
ROW 2 (WS): P1, *(K3, P3, K2, P3), REPEAT FROM * TO LAST ST, END P1.

HEY! After typing these out and really looking closely, it appears the ssk only shows up on the right side rows, so I think I CAN do this!!!

So, just to clarify, for the above rows in the round, I would:

row 1: K1, *(K2, SSK, P2, K3, P3), repeat from * to last st, end k1.
row 2: K1, *(P3, K3, P2, K3), repeat from * to last st, end k1.

is that right? just change any knits to purls and purls to knits on the wrong side rows?

Thanks

MMario
01-15-2009, 07:10 PM
you got it!

utcarsons
01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Yipee!:muah:

suzeeq
01-15-2009, 11:05 PM
For the rib sts just keep the 'WS' stitches in pattern since there's no decreases there. Just knit or purl the sts, however the RS decreases left the stitches.