PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pattern: Baby Alpaca Chunky

luvmykid28
01-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey ya'll, my DH bought me 3 hanks of Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky in color 574 (dark navy). It was very sweet of him to think about me and I want to make something for myself. I have looked on Ravelry and have found one or two possibilities, but I'm not sure. I thought I'd ask for suggestions, because everyone here in KH land always has such great suggestions.

Guidelines: I have never knitted garments. Not ready to try either.
I like classic looks with a bit of flare.
My skills are still developing, but I can knit in the round. I've only been knitting since July.

I look forward to seeing all of your ideas.
Thank you,
Lisa

suzeeq
01-16-2009, 12:43 AM
You could try a rectangular shawl or short bolero style cardigan like the Anthropologie inspired capelet - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/anthropologie-inspired-capelet

Marria
01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Hey ya'll, my DH bought me 3 hanks of Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky in color 574 (dark navy). It was very sweet of him to think about me and I want to make something for myself. I have looked on Ravelry and have found one or two possibilities, but I'm not sure. I thought I'd ask for suggestions, because everyone here in KH land always has such great suggestions.

Guidelines: I have never knitted garments. Not ready to try either.
I like classic looks with a bit of flare.
My skills are still developing, but I can knit in the round. I've only been knitting since July.

I look forward to seeing all of your ideas.
Thank you,
Lisa

By not knitting garments, I am assuming you mean things like sweaters? Not hats or scarves, correct? Also, how many yards of yarn do you have?

luvmykid28
01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
By not knitting garments, I am assuming you mean things like sweaters? Not hats or scarves, correct? Also, how many yards of yarn do you have?

Yes, that's correct. I don't knit sweaters. but I do knit hats, and scarves. I have 321yds

WandaT
01-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I've made quite a few of this scarf (http://www.mistialpaca.com/patterns2.php?id=72) pattern. The pattern calls for one hank, but if you add a repeat (or two) and make it longer, you'll need at least 1-1/2 hanks. You could make one for you and one for a friend. I LOVE this pattern! I works up much prettier in person than what the picture shows and it goes so fast! Oh, and it also calls for size 13 needles, but for me it was a bit too loose and I used size 11's.