PDA

View Full Version : row counters

outdoordrea
01-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks to momwolf for the inspiration and Hobby Lobby for the numbered beads, I made myself this row counter, and put loops on two mechanical row counters I already had.

globaltraveler
01-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Ooh, I hadn't seen the putting loops on the row counters themselves -- what a really good idea! I made stitch markers and a place marker this morning of crystals and a coin pearl. I don't normally use row counters because I forget to use them. Putting it IN the knitting is a great idea! The row counter may be next! Thanks for the inspiration!

LiezelMiller
01-16-2009, 03:19 PM
They are beautiful, what a lovely idea. I am definitely going to copy them the ladies in my shop will love that! I cant really see the one you made yourself, can you explain how that would work? Please ...

outdoordrea
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
I took some Stretch Magic, bead and jewelry cord, twice the length that I ultimately wanted, and threaded it through a jump loop. Each end of the Stretch Magic threads through one side of the numbered bead, alternating sides as each bead goes on. I hope this makes sense. Think of a figure eight.

As each row gets knitted, you slide one bead down. Here's where I got the idea for that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn475adfGgg

luvmykid28
01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I have been thinkig about these since I read about them yesterday. I'm going to get the stuff to make them right now. Thanks:)