PDA

View Full Version : I'm knitting this beautiful...

Quiltlady
01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I just cast on for this beautiful top. It's from the book "Hot Knits" by Melissa Leapman. Here is what it looks like....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/1617740596_b0b47a3a3c.jpg?v=0
I think it's beautiful. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in fuschia color.
Is anyone else interested in knitting this or any from this book?:yay:

robynbird
01-16-2009, 10:19 PM
That is a beautiful top. I don't have that book though.

Quiltlady
01-17-2009, 09:13 AM
I didn't either. I got a very inexpensive copy on Amazon. I'm working on the back already.

mwhite
01-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Don'tcha just love the neckline on this pattern? I'm seriously considering this one! Haven't made anything for myself in a long time. Not sure if I'll ever use the book again though.... Great price! What a wonderfully, unbinding neckline!!! (This is me, having a conversation/argument/discussion with myself) LOL!

mwhite
01-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Okay, I bought a new one with slight shelf wear for $4.95 and with shipping was only $8.94 from Amazon!!! Great price, huh??? I did find that there are several, very appealing tops in it, too, all with great necklines and sleeves and looseness! YAY, the Knitting Me won!!!! I'm in SC so coming from FL shoudn't take too long. Will holler back when it arrives! I am in this knit along!

Several questions while I'm waiting on the book:

What yarn does it recommend(can go ahead and look for that)
How much yardage?
What size needles?
Don't you think I could do it in the round up to the underarms?
Details, girl, I need details!!!

Arielluria
01-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:I'm definitely going to add that and the book to my queue and must buy book!

Quiltlady
01-18-2009, 04:28 AM
mwhite, so glad you are joining me in knitting this. Okay, here are the details of what the book says.,,
They used Skacel's Polo (Sport weight: 60%cotton/40%acrylic: each approx. 1 3/4oz/50g and 153 yd/138m)

sizes for ex-s would need 9, sz sml/10, sz med/11, sz lg/12 and sz xlg/13) balls.
Suggested needle sizes are 5 and 6.

If you are in Ravelry you can under patterns type in this sweater which is called "MARLA" and SEE the ones others have made. One was successfully made using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece yarn in a pretty fuschia color. I had a lot of that in my stash so I'm using that.
The pattern of the cable is also down the middle of the back of the sweater but they don't show a picture of the back in the book. I love the front so I know I'll just love the back too!!
You probably could knit it in the round but I'm doing it in the two pieces of the back then the front.
I hope this helps you out. Any more questions ask and if I know the answer I'll be sure and post it.

mwhite
01-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks! I have added it to my queue with some additional changes:
Knit in the round
Leave out back center leaf pattern
Leave out purl ridges
Pick up sts for sleeves
Shorten sleeves slightly

I didn't realize, from the book photos, that it had the ridge/purl detail and I just love the center front panel. I think I'll do it with TLC Cotton Plus but may have something else that will work just as well. Off to check stash!

Does it start from the hem???

losnana
01-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I just ordered the book from eBay, (Buy it now) for $6.49 INCLUDING shipping) Yay!!! I'm probably in, but don't want to do it in cotton. Searching for yarn shortly, with my KH gift certificate!!

Quiltlady
01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh so happy you both are joining me. losnana, that is a great price for the book too!! There are a lot of things in this book that I like.

mwhite, Yes, it does knit from the bottom up. It's a very easy pattern to do.
I have used TLC Cotton Plus before and I think it would be a nice yarn to use but I am NOT an expert. I just know from past projects I enjoyed using that yarn for some baby sweaters that I made.

Are you both on Ravelry??? If so you can see some of the others that people made up and see what kinds of yarn they used for theirs.

mwhite
01-18-2009, 02:57 PM
I checked out the ones on Ravelry. That's how I saw the purl ridge detail...
Some pretty ones on there! I queued it in my projects, too.

losnana
01-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Quiltlady, have you checked for errata for this pattern?

Quiltlady
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I have to admit that I didn't check for any errors. So far the back is very basic and didn't notice anything "out of the ordinary". I am following the pattern just as it is written since I like how it all looks just the way it is.
If anyone finds any "mistakes" please let us know.

losnana
01-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I'll check if I can figure how to do it. I always check for errata for online patterns, but don't know where to begin for a book. I think I'll post a new thread here, asking.

mwhite
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
You could most probably find this out from the individuals that have it posted in their projects on Ravelry as well. I did a google for it and no results came up.

lulubell
01-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I love the jumper! I have just ordered the book and would love to knit it. I think bamboo would look nice, but when I get the book I will check the pattern and tension out properly. I tried to get a cheap copy on E-bay but both dealers I tried did not deal with New Zealand even though I have Pay-Pal. Never mind, even though I have paid full price here in NZ, it looks like a lovely book. Will join in as soon as got book and suitable yarn.

We have next to nothing in Kaitaia, just very cheap and nasty acrylic c#*@p or baby wool, so will have to source some nice stuff on line as well.

losnana
01-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, I finally decided on my yarn and ordered it: Cotlin from KP. The color is kohlrabi, a soft pretty green. I can't wait to start, but have to finish 2 Gryffindor scarves, actually one Gryffindor and one pink one done just like the Gryffindor ones, for 2 of my my dgds. The pink one is for the 4 year old who has never seen Harry Potter, of course, but wants to be just like her big sister, except pink or purple!!

Quiltlady
01-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Your yarn choice sounds great and I love the color.

So far so good on knitting this. I am using the stitch markers before and after the design in the center I also put markers around the two stitches that are in the very center of the design. That way I cannot get "mixed up". I knit while I watch tv and sometimes get distracted easily but with the markers I can't!! This really is a very easy and fast knit.

mwhite
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Excellent! What is the guage so I can go ahead and do a swatch?

losnana
01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Mwhite, I just added you as a friend on Ravelry; I'm losnana there also. I think I'm going to omit the purl ridges also. I know I'm going to knit it in the round as much as I can. Please let me know if you run into any problems with your changes.

Quiltlady
01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Here's the gauge: In Garter Ridge Pattern (knit all rows) with larger size needles (#5), 22 sts and 28 rows = 4".
They suggest size 5 and size 6 needles. I'm using size 4 and size 5.
That's funny you both are not going to do the ridge rows and that's one of the things I love about the design.
Over the weekend I'll post a picture of mine so far. I really am enjoying this project very much. The pattern in the back is holding my interest and I'm not bored knitting it.

Quiltlady
01-21-2009, 08:16 PM
losnana and mwhite, I just added you both in my "friends" over at Ravelry. I'm Quiltlady over there too.

losnana
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I added you also, quiltlady.

wezyus
01-23-2009, 02:44 AM
its lovely n its a gud choice ...wish u luckin ur project ..thnsk for the pic

Daisieknit
01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
This pattern really caught my eye. I will be ordering the book from amazon. I am not on Ravelry yet as I am waiting for my invitation, but the sweater looks oversized in the pic. Is it? Do you think I could make it more true to size?
Thanks,
New to this site,
Daisie

Quiltlady
01-25-2009, 10:10 AM
A few people on Ravelry said their's came out a little bigger than expected. I That's why we have to do a gauge before we start. I measured the bottom of the back of mine to a sweater that I wear now and that fits me well and so far so good. I am using smaller needles than the book suggest.

I'd say do your gauge and then work from there. I have about six inches done after the decreases made on the sides for the underarms so this is moving along quickly.

Daisieknit, You could just make it in a smaller size and that should work out.

Quiltlady
01-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm finished with the back of the sweater. Will cast on for the front tomorrow.

losnana
01-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow, you're fast!! I can't wait to see it!!

Daisieknit
01-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your response. I'll look at the pattern when I receive the book and then decide which size to make.

lulubell
01-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I am still waiting for my book. Posting day is 2nd Feb so not long now. I have found some Sirdar Snuggly baby Bamboo 80% Bamboo and 20% wool @ $NZ9.80 per 50 gr and an even better Sirdar Sublime 75% Merino, 20% silk, 5% cashmere which sounds divine but is $NZ15.25 per 50gram ball, that would make the jumper about as dear as a weeks payment of my mortgage!!!!! Yikes.

cozyrn
01-26-2009, 09:18 PM
beautiful! I am not brave enough to try sweaters and I love to knit. I have only been brave enough to do afghans. Do you think an afghan knitter can do this one? Thanks

mwhite
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
I am still waiting for my book. Posting day is 2nd Feb so not long now. I have found some Sirdar Snuggly baby Bamboo 80% Bamboo and 20% wool @ $NZ9.80 per 50 gr and an even better Sirdar Sublime 75% Merino, 20% silk, 5% cashmere which sounds divine but is $NZ15.25 per 50gram ball, that would make the jumper about as dear as a weeks payment of my mortgage!!!!! Yikes.

Still waiting on mine as well.... UGH! Amazon site says it could be here between Jan 27 and Feb 10!!! Geesh!

The bad thing for me is that I already have tons of stash and I NEED to use that before buying anymore!!!

mwhite
01-26-2009, 09:31 PM
beautiful! I am not brave enough to try sweaters and I love to knit. I have only been brave enough to do afghans. Do you think an afghan knitter can do this one? Thanks

Piece of cake! After afghans, this oughta be fast to you!

mwhite
01-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh Happy Day!!! I did go into my stash and found 1150 yards of a coral, cotton/acrylic blend. Labeled "Campo" from Schoeller Esslinger and discontinued. It guages out as required using size 6!!!! I know, the pattern calls for more but I think with the adjustments planned, it should be enough! I can always make the sleeves 3/4 length, since that's what I usually wear anyway..... Pays to check your stash....I was fixing to spend another $40 on yarn again!

Daisieknit
01-27-2009, 09:07 AM
losnana,
Did you receive your yarn yet? That is the yarn/color I was looking at.

Daisieknit

lulubell
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
MWhite, I have added you to my friends on Ravelry, hope you don't mind. Your work is incredible!

losnana
01-27-2009, 04:02 PM
losnana,
Did you receive your yarn yet? That is the yarn/color I was looking at.

Daisieknit
My book came today, but no yarn yet!!

mwhite
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
MWhite, I have added you to my friends on Ravelry, hope you don't mind. Your work is incredible!

Thanks! I added you, too!

mwhite
01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
losnana and mwhite, I just added you both in my "friends" over at Ravelry. I'm Quiltlady over there too.

Added you two, too!!

losnana
01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Daisieknit and lulubell, I just added you to my friends at Ravelry. Hope that's ok.

lulubell
01-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Daisieknit and lulubell, I just added you to my friends at Ravelry. Hope that's ok.

Thats fine by me! I am quite new to this internet stuff, so have patience. I would love to be able to put photos on, a friend showed me once and I got a couple on Ravelry, but this old brain did not retain it and I am hanged if I can figure it out. I need my grandson here to help me!!

Daisieknit
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM

Fine with me! I just got on ravelry yesterday so I am finding my way around the site.
Daisieknit:woohoo:

Quiltlady
01-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Anyone receive their book yet? I'm waiting for two from Amazon also but not here yet.

I am working on the front part. I am at the point where I've split the front in two and have about six rows done on each side up the front. So far so good. You will love knitting this. It's an easy one and a fast knit.

I like the pattern on this. I think the design would look pretty on a scarf too.

lulubell
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
:pray: Anyone receive their book yet? I'm waiting for two from Amazon also but not here yet.

I am working on the front part. I am at the point where I've split the front in two and have about six rows done on each side up the front. So far so good. You will love knitting this. It's an easy one and a fast knit.

I like the pattern on this. I think the design would look pretty on a scarf too.

Three more days until my book gets posted out. Can't wait......

losnana
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I had wanted to do this in the round, but never having knitted from a chart before, I think maybe I had better just follow the directions. My yarn hasn't arrived yet, so I'm going to drive to practice from the chart first if I can find some time. If I can figure out how to do that without losing track of which direction I'm going I may give the the In the round choice some more thought.

Daisieknit
01-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Still waiting for my book, it was shipped Tuesday and trying to decide what yarn to use. I'd like to use a cotton with some sheen to it.

mwhite
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I got it! I got it! :woohoo: :cheering: :woot:

OMG...there are some fabulous projects in this book and I'm so glad you recommended it to me, Quiltlady!!! I have decided, after parusing and re-parusing the book that I will leave in the purl feature and the lace inset feature on the back!!!

Having the book definitely shows the wonderful details. I just looovvvvve "Gayle, Diana, Marissa and Maria". All the necklines are just wonderful! Yep, lots of fantastic tops in the book. Oh, mercy, just love the gorgeous "Katherine"...wish I had figure for that one~ And although I like "Rachael" as well, I just don't think my family and friends would appreciate me wearing that one... LOL! Well, off to find my figure.....:teehee:

I will get started in the next couple of days and post progress~

Quiltlady
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
[quote=mwhite;1201187]I got it! I got it! :woohoo: :cheering: :woot:
Yes. I agree there are a lot of things in the book that I love too.

I finished the back and the front of the sweater. I am working on the first sleeve now. I agree. I think the cable pattern in the front and the back "makes" the sweater. I also love the garter stitch rows too. I really just love everything about this sweater.

Okay, here is what else I love in the book... Audrey, the cable sweater, Marissa, The Katherine dress but I sure wouldn't look like THAT on me..so I won't be knitting that one...but it's beautiful. I love the Erin one with all the colors. Diana would be pretty in cotton. Gayle is a beauty but I already own a cardigan similar to it that I bought. Cynthia is pretty and would be easy to knit. I like Kristin too and even Pamela. As you can tell I too really like this book.

I am knitting the Garter stitch row every 14th row. Instead of purling back on that row I knit it. It's worked out well for me doing it that way.

I even considered putting the cable design on the middle of the sleeves but decided against it..but it could easily be done.:cheering:

losnana
01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
You are going to be finished before I even get my yarn!! I can't wait to see yours.

lulubell
02-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I've got my book!!!! I love Audrey, Gayle and Kirsten. Now to seriously get searching for yarn.

lulubell
02-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I've got my book!!!! I love Audrey, Gayle and Kirsten. Now to seriously get searching for yarn.

Yay!!! I've done it!! I have ordered 12 50gr balls of Sirdar Calico Double Knit in Chambray colour. It's 60% cotton, 40% acrylic and knits to the same gauge as the Marla pattern. That works out at $NZ90.00 plus postage. The one I really liked was just too pricey. Hope it arrives before Thursday afternoon. We have a public holiday on Friday (Waitangi Day) and I would love to have it before then.

But... I must finish the socks I am knitting for Dads 84th birthday present before I start..........

What cast on are you all using?

Quiltlady
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
What cast on are you all using?[/quote]

Gee, I have no idea what kind of cast on I do. I only know how to cast on one way.:teehee: I'll have to look thru my knitting books to find out now that you have me wondering.:wink:

mwhite
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I used a long tail cast on and did seed stitch instead of garter. Love seed stitch!

lulubell
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Is seed stitch the same as moss stitch? K1 P1 and opp on return row?

mwhite
02-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes, it is! Using size 6 based on the elimination of edge sts and the fact that I like the lower edge of tops to be lose, I cast on 193 sts, in the round, joining and knitting one plain round. Then did the seed stitch for 6 rounds. Then when I did my increases, the extra st was used as an increase. I have 1 pink round marker which serves as one side marker and 42 sts to the next white marker, 24 sts to the next white marker, 42 sts to 1 blue marker for the other side, 42 sts to the next white marker, 24 sts to the next white marker, then 42 sts back to the pink one, totaling 216 sts.

Quiltlady
02-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Mwhite, it sounds like you are moving right along. I think knitting it in the round is a good idea. I wasn't sure if I would have gotten mixed up but maybe if I had to do it again I'd have done that.

This is the first adult size sweater that I've ever done. I've started many but always ripped them out due to boredom or wanting to do another project more. I have knit a lot of sweaters for my young grandchildren but never an adult size so I wanted to do it the easiest way. But NOT having seams would be GREAT.:woot:

Daisieknit
02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Received the book today. Yeh!! Now, which yarn to get?? Decisions, decisions!!

losnana
02-03-2009, 08:44 AM
My yarn came yesterday!! Now I just have to finish a scarf and 2 pairs of socks for dgds before I start. Plus figure out how to read a chart and convert to in the round at the same time. Yikes!!!

Daisieknit
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
losnana, Are you happy with your yarn? How about the color? I may order the same.
Daisieknit

Quiltlady
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I was half way finished with the first sleeve but it is just too big. I think the sleeves look big even on the model in the book. So I am going to rip out the sleeve and start with a smaller size needle starting with the cuff and start it again. :X:

I actually don't rip it out...I just reknit right from the sleeve that I was working on. That way I don't have to rewind the yarn.

lulubell
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Dramas!!!! I have just had an email from the place I ordered my yarn from and they only have 10 balls of the colour I want. I have sent her an e-mail asking about another colour (linen) but have not heard back yet. Def will not be starting my Marla this weekend.

losnana
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
losnana, Are you happy with your yarn? How about the color? I may order the same.
Daisieknit
I really love the color and the feel of the yarn. Very soft!

lulubell
02-04-2009, 03:49 PM
This is going from bad to worse. The Yarn Queen does not have more than 10 balls in ANY colour of the Sirdar Calico. I need 12. I have put Chambray on back-order (due end Feb) and am going to try another place today. You are all definately going to be finished before I even get going!

lids126
02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
i am knitting a blanket for my baby brother! and i am almost done! hope what ever you are doing it will turn out so cool and pretty!

Quiltlady
02-04-2009, 06:32 PM
lulubell, that's too bad she doesn't have enough of the yarn you want. Don't you hate when that happens? I hope you are able to find some that love.

No rush...we'll all still be here when you get started.:muah:

lulubell
02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I have just ordered the same yarn from another place I found, but in the linen colour, so might end up with two Marlas, one in Linen and one Chambray. I have not had a confirmation e-mail from them yet so I'm crossing fingers, toes everything in fact! Can one detect a note of desperation coming through......

losnana
02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Lulubell, I'll be probably be starting at the same time you are. I'm sorry about your yarn and hope you find some you really love.

lulubell
02-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I have just figured out a good reason why no company over here seems to have much in the way of interesting yarns in stock at the moment - we are in the middle of a blazing hot summer. It's hot and humid and not really the best weather for knitting but some of us just keep on knitting!

Daisieknit
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I really love the color and the feel of the yarn. Very soft!

What size are you making and how much did you order? I haven't figured out what I need yet, but want to compare. I am scared of not ordering enough or ending up with a lot extra.

Daisieknit

Quiltlady
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I finished one sleeve and have about five inches of the second one done. :knitting:

I am enjoying this sweater but having the pattern on the front and back held my interest more than just the sleeves. I think it would have been pretty with the pattern down the middle of both sleeves too.

losnana
02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
What size are you making and how much did you order? I haven't figured out what I need yet, but want to compare. I am scared of not ordering enough or ending up with a lot extra.

Daisieknit
I'm makiing either a L or Sl, depending on the reports from others about the sizing. A couple of people have mentioned the possibility of it running large. I bought 17 skeins of CotLin with the hope of maybe having enough left for something small. I'm rather paranoid about not having enough yarn, so I always overbuy.

losnana
02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Can't wait to see the FO.

Quiltlady
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
My sweater is finished! First I have to say that I really enjoyed this pattern. I will certainly use that pretty and easy cable for scarves etc. in the future.
My sweater came out big and is boxy. I will wear it with a tee shirt underneath for added comfort. The pattern was fun to do and very easy.
The first picture shows the back then the other is the front.

lulubell
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Seeing that one completed and looking lovely makes me even more impatient. However good news, The Yarn Queen where I have the Chambray coloured yarn ordered e-mailed me today to say she has sourced some, and 10 balls are on the Courier, and the remaining 2 of the same batch lot will be sent when they arrive with her. YEEHAA!!!!!!!!

Quiltlady
02-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Oh that's great you will be getting the yarn you ordered!! Soon you'll be casting on!

Daisieknit
02-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I love it! I normally would make a medium but think in this sweater I'll make a small and maybe 3/4 length sleeves. Great job!

lulubell
02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
10 of my 12 balls of yarn arrived today,the colour is a bit more insipid than it looked on the web site, but has a nice feel to it. My sister is looking for the right circ needles in Auckland for me, she is hoping to be up here for Dads 84th birthday this coming weekend. I am on the home straight of the 2nd of a pair of socks for Dad, and will start Marla after that.

lulubell
02-15-2009, 05:38 PM
I have almost finished the first sleeve. I have done moss st instead of garter at the cuff, and am not making the sleeves as long, more 'bracelet' lengh. It is knitting up very quickly and easily.

Quiltlady
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Sounds good! Yes, I think it does knit up fast.

lulubell
02-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I only did a few rows last night as I did not get home until 9.45pm, but nothing on tonight, and tomorrow I have boring training all day, so will def take my knitting.

Arielluria
02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Quiltlady, I love that cable too. I looked for it on Ravelry to favorite it, but you haven't posted it yet.

losnana
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Had to put my project on hold. DH had emergency surgery Thursday night, and it was touch and go for a while. He's doing well now and has been moved from ICU. It's really scary when the surgeon tells you to tell your family members goodby, as there is a very good chance that there will be nothing he can do for you!! We're all delighted he was wrong. Anyway my sweater is on hold for now, until I know how much care he needs at home.

lulubell
02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
What an awful time for you and the family. You feel so helpless,don't you. I am so glad he is doing well now and will be thinking of you all. As for the Marla, I will still be plodding on in a months time! You never know, he might like you to sit and knit by him while he rests.....

Daisieknit
02-17-2009, 08:55 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. Knitting can be a calming presence in times like these.
Daisieknit

Quiltlady
02-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh I'm glad he is doing well now. The knitting can wait until you are ready.

Yes, I need to learn again how to post pictures to flicker. I have SO many things I want to post. I will try and get my dh to help me with it on the weekend.
In fact, I have my sweater on right now. IT is very loose on me but I'm wearing it today.
I am considering ripping it out and reknitting. I bought this yarn for another sweater long ago and I paid $90.00 for the 9 skeins of it. I didn't use that many for the sweater but I can still reknit it. So I am seriously thinking of rewinding the yarn or else knitting right from it for the next sweater.

lulubell
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Losnana, how are things with your DH? I have been thinking of you guys and hope he has continued to improve each day.

losnana
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
He's continuing to improve just a little each day, but no mention yet of him coming home. His innards are just starting to go back to work a little, and I think that he haas to be off the NG tube and able to eat something before he is released. We're all just grateful that he is doing so well. Thanks for asking.

lulubell
02-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Thats very good to hear, I hope the recovery stays nice and steady.

I have been plodding on with Marla, both sleeves done, and I am doing the back and front together on circs, and have done 1 pattern repeat of that. I really wanted to finish a patt repeat and stayed up to 1.00 this morning to do it, I was not happy when the alarm went off at 6.30am, but here I am at work!

happypins
02-22-2009, 05:48 PM
so sorry to here the news hope he makes a quick recovery and prayers for all of you i found that when my hubby at to have a heart byepass my knitting help me a lot god bless happypins

lulubell
02-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Losnana, just wondering how things are with DH. Hope things are steadily getting better still.

lulubell
03-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Four repeats done on the front/back combined, pretty slow going, but I have done another pair of socks as well. Quiltlady, what have you decided to do with your Marla? I was thinking, can you sell it, even just for the price of wool and postage, and start again with fresh yarn. How awful to have to unravel it and reknit.

losnana
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Losnana, just wondering how things are with DH. Hope things are steadily getting better still.
After being released a week ago today, he was home for 11/2 days before being taken by ambulance to our local hospital then airlifted to a larger one in Newport News. His heart stopped in the ambulance, but the EMTs were able to restart it. It has been touch and go for several day, because the doctors can't locate the source of the bleeding. He was in ICU until yesterday, when he was transferred to an intermediate care floor. Today he was transferred back to our local hospital and is in that ICU for now. No mention of when he can come home yet.
Thanks for asking, and keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.

lulubell
03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I am sure all of us 'Marlas' will be thinking of you and your husband at this time. Do you have any other family nearby? Stay strong.

Quiltlady
03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I decided to give my "Marla" to a friend that it will fit much better than it did on me.
I am considering knitting one of the sleeveless tops from the same book. I have some cotton blend yarn here that I've had for awhile and I think it will work out well. I need to get my book out and check the patterns out again. I'll keep you posted.

lulubell
03-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Half of one repeat to go and I will be at the armhole cast offs, I will have 4 and a half balls of yarn left, so should just scrape in.

Quiltlady
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I was just checking in to see how everyone is doing on their sweater? :knitting: :knitting:

lulubell
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
For some unknown reason my computer will not let me into the forums at this siteany more, I am on a friendsat the moment. My Marla is almost finished, I started the neck shaping too far up and had to undo the top half of the front at the weekend and redo. Have redone half, the way work is at the moment I dont think I will be able to do much till the weekend. But... looking good, and plenty of yarn.

lulubell
03-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I have been wondering how losnana and her husband are getting on, does anyone know?

mwhite
03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I just read that Losnana's husband died. Do you all think we could do something for her as a group? I will gladly help. Mary

mwhite
03-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I was just checking in to see how everyone is doing on their sweater? :knitting: :knitting:

I'm sitting here in shame....haven't done very much on mine, have just been super busy with other projects....stick me in a corner and flog me! :pout:

Quiltlady
03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh that is so sad about her husband. I wish I had her mailing address so I could send her a sympathy card. I will send her a PM.

lulubell
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, I would like to send a card too, but have PM'ed.
I have finished my Marla!! I love it. I have washed it and at the moment it is blocked out on the table with a towel under and another over it. The cat (Bluebell) loves sitting on top so hope she does not squash the cable part too much. I will put a photo on Ravelry when it is dried. (NZlulubell).

Quiltlady
03-30-2009, 10:16 PM
OH wonderful you finished it!!! Congratulations.
I am casting on tomorrow for this pretty sweater...
http://images.transcontinentalmedia.com/canadianliving/crafts/bohuscardiganlarge.jpg

lulubell
03-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Thats nice, I like the round yoke. What colours?

lulubell
03-31-2009, 07:10 PM
I have just put a couple of pictures of my finished marla onto Ravelry. (NZlulubell) I dont know how to put a picture on here! I am very pleased with it. All that drama about getting the 12 balls of yarn at the beginning was unnecessary, I only used 10.5 skeins. I lengthened the body and shortened the sleeves. I had to use a size smaller needles to get the right tension and did moss stitch instead of garter for the borders.