PDA

View Full Version : House of White Birches

McKnitty
01-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I just bought "Knit On Down" (124025) by House of White Birches. I'm trying to find a website to check for errata, but I'm not having any luck.

Do you know where I can get this info? I tried whitebirches.com, and I also tried DRGbooks.com, but the book is not listed there. Could that possibly mean there are no errors? I have a hard time believing an entire book is error-free!

This is my first House of White Birches book, so I hope I haven't made a huge mistake.

Jan in CA
01-19-2009, 03:59 PM
If it's a new book they may not have any errata up yet. I don't think I've seen a book w/o some errata so... :shrug:

Mirl56
01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I have that book - I'm about half way thru Oh Baby Chevron. Haven't had any problems with this sweater. Haven't found any errata, but I haven't looked, either.

McKnitty
01-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I have that book - I'm about half way thru Oh Baby Chevron. Haven't had any problems with this sweater. Haven't found any errata, but I haven't looked, either.

I really like that sweater! It is so pretty! Please let me know how yours turns out. I'd love to see it and hear about your experience. Is this your first top-down project?

I have such high hopes for this book. It has many projects that I like. It even has top-down versions of some charity projects patterns (a bear for Mother Bear project, a sweater for Knit for Kids project, chemocaps, etc.).

Mirl56
01-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I've never done a top down sweater before, this is my first. I'm really enjoying it. Several times I've put it on a reeeeallly long needle (thanks to Densie interchangable set) so I could try it on.

I agree, there are several projects in the book I'd like to do. Thinking about the wrap sweater soon. others too. This book has definitely turned me into a top-down convert.

McKnitty
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Marilyn. Now I'm really excited! I haven't tried a top-down pattern before, and I really want to try a toe-up sock pattern too. I have some other projects I need to finish first, but this book has inspired me.

I just hope there aren't any errors in the patterns because I don't think I'm experienced enough to spot errors without being forewarned.

Plantgoddess+
01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm currently working on a top down Henley style top. I'm just winging it and am so grateful for my Harmony's. When I got my set of interchangeables I looked at the end caps and thought I'll never use these, but they have come in so handy. I'm knitting part of the round onto a second cable with one needle and one cap and then when I have them spread out enough I cap the other ends and try on. I don't have to worry about any stitches slipping off the ends of the needles.

ynotknit
12-25-2010, 03:21 PM
I am wondering if anyone has had any problems crocheting the Seaside Scallops Reversible Bag pattern from House of white Birches publication.

The biggest error I think is when it tells you to turn after the first row is crochet when it is obvious that you have to join in the round. some grief and ripping was in place till I revised it. My other big problem seems to be that the side panels don't look right, one has two double crochet separated by a chain one then the shell and on the other side of it looks like two double crochets and a single crochet, and sometimes it tells you to double crochet it. Very confused because I think it should look the same. My other problem is it says to use fine sport weight cotton with a size C. The yarn looks way heavier than sport so unsure if this is going to look like the picture.

If anyone has crochet this pattern let me know what you did? Maybe the directions are right and it is just me. I would also love to see any pictures and any yarn suggestions.

Thanks, Colleen

newamy
12-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I have that book and made my daughter the girls sweater they show in red. The pattern was fine although I had to adjust the sizing a bit but that may have been my yarn and gauge. I had to knit the neckline about 2 sizes smaller then go up in size around the chest. But top down knitting makes that pretty easy.

cacunn
12-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Website for errata

http://www.drgbooks.com/revisions.php?id=79

Seven updates listed.

ynotknit
12-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Thank you so much for your replies and the erratica link I was able to go there and get the revisions to the pattern. I have crochet quite aways just trying to adjust where necessary really want to make this purse it is so pretty.

colleen:woohoo:

ynotknit
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Thank you Chris you are a life saver. The pattern was really messed up whole paragraphs I am glad I'm not crazy. The purse is very pretty so glad that I will be able to make it now.

colleen

ynotknit
12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I think it is so nice how knitters, crocheters etc. can share there information and help through the internet. Thanks to the site for making this possible.

Colleen