PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Knitting magazine

albertpollard
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I KNOW this will get a lot of responses!;) There doesn't seem to be a lot of selection when it comes to knitting magazines. Does anyone have any favorites?
I currently subscribe to Creative Knitting, which is okay, and I found a magazine called Knit 'n Style, which had a lot of neat tips and info in it, as well as some nice patterns. So I subscribed to it as well.
I know it's a matter of opinion, but maybe we can help out someone who is just getting started.
:thumbsup:

dairywife
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
That is such a good question and one I have also been wondering. I subscribe to Creative Knitting, I really liked it. I also subscribed to Interweave Knits, it was ok. I was thinking about just one more. I just pace and pace waiting for the next issue. I love my new found obsession. I can't seem to get enough!!!

Marria
01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I LOVE Interweave Knits. It's my favorite, and I have subscribed for about 5 years.

I used to like Knitter's, but lately their patterns have gotten a bit, er, well...not to my taste.

Vogue Knitting is hit and miss for me but I usually like at least one or two patterns per issue.

Online, my favorite knitting "mag" is Knitty.

Karina
01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm in the UK, I have just bought the first issue of The Knitter and love it. If that carries on with it current format and style that will be my favorite mag. I also like Yarn Forward and Simply Knitting.

Jan in CA
01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
I used to get Creative Knitting, but I much prefer Interweave Knits so that's the one I get now. :yay:

globaltraveler
01-22-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't think I've been knitting long enough to have a favorite. The new The Knitter as mentioned above is fabulous -- fashion forward, adult, heavy glossy paper, great photography. I also picked up a copy of Knit.1, which had great patterns in it for younger knitters, as I thought that'd be great for the nieces. :)

dodgerfan
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I love Knit Simple, lots of patterns that are fun to work.

Marria
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh, I also like KnitScene--also published by Interweave Press. The only problem with it is that you can't subscribe; you have to buy it at the store, so I often miss issues.

knitpurlgurl
01-23-2009, 07:37 AM
I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Knit Simple