PDA

View Full Version : YIKES! Too Many Stitches On My February Lady Sweater!

Arielluria
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
So I'm FINALLY done with the top part (garter) of my February Lady Sweater and I find I have 28 more stitches than I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyes: (Have 278 instead of 255).................I can decrease those 28, but I wonder if it will make it obvious, funny or pucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm HORRIBLE about keeping track of my stitches!:wall:

Marria
01-23-2009, 05:53 PM
If you decrease them evenly, it shouldn't be a problem with that number of stitches.

Were you able to figure out how you ended up with the extra stitches?

Jan in CA
01-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Since you're finished with the garter it may be fine.

GinnyG
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Depemding on the size, it may be better to keep the stitche. The lace repeat is 7 stitiches so your extra 28 stitches would be four repeats, you could add one repeat to each front section and the sleeves.

I am on the second half of the last sleeve of my FLS (can't wait to finish it so I can start Sylvi!!). Here is a little hint that may not be original but it helped me tremendously. When you start the gull lace panel place a marker every 3 repeats. I was having trouble stayin "on pattern" but the markers helped me to know immediately if I had made an error and where. I placed my every 3 repeats on the body and every two on the sleeve and when I did the purl row (knit on the sleeve because it's in the round) I counted the stitches and made sure I had enough.

If the stitches were wrong I generally found it was because I had missed a YO and it was easy to slip it on as you were doing the purl (knit row).

Arielluria
01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks all!:muah:

I was thinking of doing just that (the pms), because I must have P2tog on the first purl row and was 2 stitches short on the last 7 st. repeat :nails:!