PDA

View Full Version : A Sincere Thanks....

saracidaltendencies
01-24-2009, 01:44 AM
I just want to give a huge thanks to everyone at KH. The people I have met here are some of the most kind and generous people I've encountered.

It gets discouraging, reading headlines and seeing news stories about violence and it sometimes seems there's too much negativity, selfishness, and lack of compassion. Sometimes it seems like truly good people just don't exist anymore. However, time and time again I am reminded there are good people left, even if it's not a common thing, each time I visit KH.

I've truly given a lot of thought to the act of knitting, and, the people I've met who knit. I think many of us knitters/crafters are just born with a kind, generous nature. I have yet to encounter any knitters who knit solely for themselves; all of the knitters I have spoken with knit for other people. We seem to get more pleasure out of knitting things for others than we do knitting for ourselves, and, we give our gifts without expecting anything in return. We give because it feels good to give. It makes us happy, and, in most cases, it makes the receiver happy and their happiness and gratitude is repayment enough.

I think this is proven further by the non-knitting related actions I have witnessed from members here as well. Not only have I been on the receiving end of the extraordinary generosity here, but I have also witnessed it, on many occasions, where a member who may be going through a rough patch receives an unexpected surprise from another member.

Again, thank you all for being so kind and compassionate, and reminding all of us there are still good, generous people in this world.

Jan in CA
01-24-2009, 01:51 AM
:hug:

evona
01-24-2009, 03:13 AM
:hug: What sweet sentiments!

Debbie
01-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks! Know that you are describing yourself as well as "our group". I have seen your kind and compassionate generosity many times the last three years !

Spikey
01-24-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Debbie:muah:

Marria
01-24-2009, 01:25 PM
You're such a sweetheart! :hug:

I agree-this is such a wonderful community. I really do tend to avoid message boards because there always seem to be a few people no matter where you go online that just have to act mean and spoil it for everyone. But I haven't seen one sign of that here and I just love it. Thanks for sharing your kind thoughts with everyone. You made me smile.

lelvsdgs
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
You'll never know how much this lifted my spirits this morning... :muah:

Jaxhil
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Aaaw!! :hug:

btw, *YOU* too!!! I can see your kind heart through all your posts :)

auburnchick
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I have to agree with you 100%. People I know in the "real" world look at me like I've got two heads when I talk about my online family. They really do not have a clue what it's all about.

Every time we've had a need here, we've been quick to fill it.

Where else can you join forces with people from around the country and the world for one common cause?

Thanks for putting it into words so eloquently.

Dangles
01-24-2009, 07:11 PM

mwhite
01-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree and have found that you're one of the best!!! Mauh!

Mulderknitter
01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
You just brought tears to my eyes!
I was just talking to a friend of mine about the charity blankets and I had to explain that it's not about the donation, per se, but about the community that it involves. I could make a blanket to donate faster, but I LOVE being part of the community.
This is the only place online I have ever felt at home. Thank you for voicing that!:muah: