PDA

View Full Version : Your tax supported Public Library.....

Lana
01-27-2009, 09:16 AM
.....can be a good place to find patterns.

I live in a not so big city in agricultural America. We have a pretty nice library here. They are a member of an Inter-library Loan System. When my local library doesn't own a book I'll like to borrow, they look to see if another member library has it and, if it's available, they can get for me. Sometimes it takes quite a while.
It's a nice way to preview any book you'd like to add to your personal library. It's also nice if there is only one thing in a book you'd like to make.
The Public Library in your town might have some knitting books (or other books) on their shelves you've never seen or heard of.

I :inlove: my library. :) And YES, I do still buy books.

Jan in CA
01-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I use the library a lot for both regular books and knitting books. I find it's a good way to preview a book and see if it's what I want to spend my money on. :thumbsup:

suzeeq
01-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Whenever I move to a new town, a library card is one of the first things I get. I never buy fiction, and very few other books, I'd rather borrow them. And with interlibrary loans, getting a book the local one doesn't have is very easy. It's an excellent way to get just a pattern without purchasing the book, or to look at some to see if you want to buy them at some point.

Jan in CA
01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah, I love the interlibrary loan! I find what I want online and have it sent to my local library all the time!

sue in canada
01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh yeah, I love the interlibrary loan! I find what I want online and have it sent to my local library all the time!

That is what I do. That way I can see most of the new knitting books that come out. I also just finished reading "Sweetgum Knit Lit Society" an easy reading novel based around a group of knitters.