PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Classes in Philadelphia Area

quietspirit101
01-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to learn to knit but I'm just not getting something. So I am hoping to find a knitting class (inexpensive) or a knitting circle where I could pick up spme pointers. It would also be nice to meet other knitters.

Thanks!

kmluvsfrogs
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
i'm not sure where you live, but i know there are LYS' in Phoenixville, Chadds Ford and Berwyn, to name a few. also, i am looking for knitting friends. i'm a beginner, and could probably get you started!

MargaretRuss
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Good morning - any luck finding a class or group? I'm in NJ, along the 'River Line' area. I'd love to find a local group myself.
Margaret Russ 3.5.09

quietspirit101
03-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm in Exton and commute into Philly daily via train. All of thse places are within my reach but some of the classes seem like they could be expensive as they require you to purchase class materials in their store. I've managed to get started perhaps we could get together & compare notes.

quietspirit101
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for replying. I haven't found any groups yet. Maybe we should start one. However, I do live west of Phladelphia.

italianknitter
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
I know it's been awhile since you posted your interest, but there is a great place in center city Philly on 9th and South Streets called Nangellini. You can go to their website, but Nancy runs the shop and gives private lessons for $20/hr, or you can join their knitting circles on Sundays 3-6 or Tuesdays 6-9 for $5 (but you can buy something with the $5 and everything's 10% off during a knitting circle). It's a GREAT shop! I'm a new knitter and in the last 6 weeks I've already made a blanket, hat, 2 scarves and now I am in the middle of 3 more projects. Nancy is fantastic and very patient. I think you would love it there if you can make it into Center City.