PDA

View Full Version : Help with Patons instructions for Mock Cable Cardigan

suzknitter
01-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi,
I hope someone can help me out :)

I have "Patons book 1271 Dreamtime 4 ply" and am currently trying to knit cardigan style 7 on page 33 ( Mock Cable Cardigan).

I need help with this paragraph of instructions;

NEXT ROW - (Inc purlways in first st) 0 (1-1-0-1-0) time/s,
rib 0 (1-1-6-1-1-0), *inc once in each of next 2 sts, rib 6, etc....

I understand that it says to increase a stitch purlways but what does it mean by where it says rib? does it mean that i continue the rib pattern for the number of stitches which corresponds to the size i'm doing?

Hope my question makes sense!.. Also I think there is a mistake in the pattern because it has 7 different numbers ( one outside the brackets and 6 within) where the pattern only has 6 different sizes to knit.

Help!!!!.

Thanks

Ingrid
01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
The rib part means to keep the stitches in the ribbing as it's been established--knit the knits and purl the purls as they face you.

As for the size--:shrug: .

Songbirdy
01-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Just so you know, I searched the Patons "errata" list (for pattern mistakes) for your book and pattern but couldn't find either listed. Perhaps you can take your book and search it here (http://www.patonsyarns.com/erratum.php) and maybe you will find out that there was a mistake.

Best of luck! I didn't check here first and ended up frogging my first attempt at cabling because they made some pretty big mistakes in the pattern! After I knit the entire front!