PDA

View Full Version : Winter Hat with Alligator Instarsia

Songbirdy
01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
This is the first time my husband has ever asked me for a knitted thing. Mind you he loves his knitted socks, but doesn't ask for them.

He says that when he was a child his mother knitted him a winter hat that had an alligator around the brim and it was 'eating its tail.'

I have a feeling that the hat was probably done in duplicate stitch because I know his mother's skill level.

Anyhow... if anyone has such a pattern and would be willing to share or sell it to me, could you please post here or PM me?

I'm confident I could design my own but I'm thinking he has a "specific" hat in mind so I'd rather just see if any of you might have come across such a pattern. At the least I can copy the chart and modify it as he has a very large head and a child's hat won't fit him any more!

Thanks!

Jan in CA
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I couldn't find anything like that. You may have to do the duplicate stitch thing, too.

Songbirdy
02-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I've looked and looked and have not found a single thing.

I've asked my MIL but she claims that she never did such a thing. Since there are medical reasons I choose to believe my husband on this one ;) .

I have a feeling it was a magazine pattern. I'll just stitch up a large stocking knit toque and go from there... although... I'm debating creating some sort of cable pattern alligator that climbs up the hat... and then duplicating the outline/definition...

Anyhow, it will be some time before that happens, :teehee: