PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old pattern

mstapes444
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone,

About 10 years ago I made a sweater ( I think from Knitter's Magazine), and it was a swing style sweater, garter stitch, and I -cord's for the button loops and I -cord loops all around the bottom that went up about 4 inches around the bottom into a cable stitch. I was very different and it was too big so I gave it away. I always loved this sweater and want to make myself another one that fits, and I looked through all my magazines and cannot find it. If anybody has this pattern I would love to have a copy of it.

Thank You,
Mary Stapleton

Jan in CA
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi and welcome to Knitting Help!

It's possible someone here will have an old issue of the magazine you are talking about, but as another source.. Are you on Ravelry? I went over there and was able to look at bunches of patterns from old issues. I've no idea if it's there or if you can still get it, but someone may be willing to part with it if you do find it.

http://www.ravelry.com/

mstapes444
02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks, I'll try that site.

azimrin
02-11-2009, 01:41 PM
My first project when I learned to knit in Germany 40 years ago was a scarf. The pattern involved yarn overs and knit 2 togethers on the knit side, and I think pearl stitches on the reverse side. It resulted in a thick and "spongy" scarf. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have started knitting again, and would love to try to make that kind of scarf.