PDA

View Full Version : Just started Celtic Cabled Neckwarmer

KelseyRae
02-21-2009, 02:05 AM
I saw this pattern earlier after someone posted their finished one and loved it. So I started it myself. I'm not too far along but really proud of myself. It's my first cabled project but I have always loved the look of cables to I'm glad I finally got to them. I had to frog it the first time and then frog a few rows at the top. There was ALOT of tinking involved but I'm really happy with it so far. Its going to be for my mom.

Marria
02-21-2009, 02:20 AM
It's looking fantastic. (I posted mine recently and someone else posted hers in the same thread, so one of those may be the ones you were referring to.) Your cables look great.

Isn't the pattern fun?

I did want to tell you that where the designer suggests switching to size 6 needles for the ribbed part--I ended up doing that because I didn't want the end to flare out. If you like the flare out look, though, you can stick with the needle size you started with.

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see the finished object. :thumbsup:

ETA: What kind of yarn are you using?

KelseyRae
02-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Thanks!! It is a great pattern. And its going alot faster now the I know what the symbols mean without having to look at the key all the time. This is also my first charted pattern so it took a bit to get used to.

And it was yours I saw. I love the colour in yours!! My mom LOVES red so that's what she's getting. :p

I didn't read the part about not getting 100% acrylic until after I bought the yarn but I'm using it anyway. I haven't had a problem with it curling so far. It's Phentex Yarns Merit Solid. It's knitting up really well so far. And I saw the note about switching to smaller needles for the ribbing on Ravelry. I think that's what I'll do.

KnittingNat
02-21-2009, 07:44 AM
The cables look really nice and the color complements them very well:thumbsup: I bet your mom will love it!

ArtLady1981
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Ohhhh I just love this neckwarmer! I think I have it queued up over at Rav, but haven't got to do it yet!

Yours is coming along WONDERFUL! :cheering: