PDA

View Full Version : Sock stitch help

merri
02-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Hello Knitters; I am in need of finding out how to make these great looking socks--Herringbone Rib Socks from the Interweave Knits mag Winter 2008.
The rib pattern is as follows: (mult of 12 sts)
Rnd 1: *P1, k1, [yo, sl 1 pwise wyb, k2, pass slipped st over both knit sts] 3 times, p1; rep from * to end.

Rnd 2: *P1, [k2, sl 2 sts just worked back to left-hand needle, pass third st over 2 sts just worked, yo] 3 times, k1, p1; rep from * to end.

I've included all the instructions; however, I am only 'stuck' on the part in rnd 1 that is in brackets []. If I have just knit 1 st, then do the yo, how is the sl1 pwise wyb done? Is the yarn wrapped around the right needle? Or what?
I've ripped the ribbing twice; impossible to get back on the needles. I don't believe it is a typo...

Thanks anyone that might have any thoughts; I don't consider myself a beginner, and thought I could do it, but something is amiss.
Perhaps at the point of the YO....???
I know I posted yesterday, but I'm pretty determined to make these work.
Merri

Plantgoddess+
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
It does work. I just tried it. Don't over think it. Wrap your yarn around the right needle as if you are going to purl and then aroound to the back it will create a loop on the right needle and holding it in back as if to knit slip the next stitch. Then you knit the next 2 stitches together, then slip the stitch you slipped to the right needle over the k2tog and off. That will make you 2 stitches total out of 3. The yarnover will be one stitch and the decrease will be the other.