PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my clogs

KnittedRose
02-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I have my clogs done and felted. They turned out nice, a small bit of curling on one of them, (I forgot to stitch the outer sole down the middle, but it isn't noticeable when I have them on, and it still feels Ok.) I didn't care for the look of the bumpers, so I decided to cut the bumpers off. It worked fine and I like them better now. I'll leave the bumpers off of the pair I'm making for my daughter. I also plan to hand stitch the outer sole onto hers. Getting that on there was really a royal pain. One of these days I'll have time to figure out how to post pics.
KR

Cynamar
02-24-2009, 11:14 AM
I would love to see a picture! I think I want to make clogs.

psquidy
02-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I assume these are the Fiber Trends felted clogs? I love making those. I have the pattern memorized. What was the problem with the outher sole? The three needle bind off?

lindainbathurst
02-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Three needle bind off is a pain!! I hate it. For those of you who can crochet a bit, try slip stitching the outer sole and the cuff part. Very quick and easy. Gives a great look.

I have received more than 25 orders for the Fiber Trend clogs and boot style from my aunt's office. I have 3 more pairs left.:knitting: The yarn I use is fairly chunky. It isn't a brand name yarn because it comes from a factory that uses wool yarn in carpets and rugs. I love this yarn for felting!!! I have tried various wool yarns, but everyone who sees my slippers loves them. One man who ordered a pair said that he bought his wife a pair of felted slippers at a ski hill and paid $90. He said that he now realizes he paid $90 for crap. I tease my husband that I now have my own business working from home, so don't bug me while I am knitting.:yay:

KnittedRose
02-26-2009, 08:56 PM
They are fiber trends. I don't mind the 3 needle bind off when I do a single sole , but it is too cumbersome when doing the double sole. The pattern says to "loosely stitch up the center of the outer sole to fasten the 2 soles together." I forgot to do it on one clog, so the sole pulled a little on the side of the clog making a bit of a pucker. It goes away when I put it on.
KR

GrandmaLori
02-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Where is this pattern that everyone seems to know about? I've been knitting slippers for my SIL, and she loves them to death-literally. The heel and ball of foot just fall apart after several months. I'd like to try something felted and see how she does.

lindainbathurst
02-26-2009, 11:46 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it is not found free on the internet. I bought the pattern at my local knitting store. Website info on the pattern is http://www.fibertrends.com. I like the Alpine Boot better than the clog, but if I had been given the clog as a gift and could not knit myself, I would be very happy. Here is a pic of one of the Alpine Boots I made.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3432/3312482811_a20a171471.jpg?v=0