PDA

View Full Version : Not finding too many circular sweater patterns

TEMA
02-26-2009, 01:11 AM
:waving: I've been looking on the web and in books for circular knitting patterns now that I'm completely hooked on them and not finding that many. That seems strange to me since circulars are the up and coming thing in knitting.
So I guess what I want to know is - how does one go about switching a pattern from flat to circular? I know it can be done and someone said it wasn't hard to do but I haven't seen anything in detail about it.
If someone knows where I can go for the answer to this question, I'd much appreciate it...:woot:
TEMA
:knitting:
To Knit or not to Knit, that is the question...:thumbsup:

suzeeq
02-26-2009, 01:47 AM
There are top down pattern generators at knittingfool.com and thedietdiary.com/blog which should help. Glampyre aka Stephanie Japel has several patterns and a couple books which are mostly top down seamless ones. And there's several at knitty.com

To change a flat pattern, CO the sts needed for both front and back (less 2-4 sts that would be used for seaming) and knit to the underarm. Then you split and work front and back separately, following the shaping. Though that method works best with a drop shoulder sleeve where you can just pick up sts around the armhole and knit the sleeve to the wrist.

Plantgoddess+
02-26-2009, 02:13 PM
The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee is for sweaters knit in the round from the bottom up. It gives you basic construction and helps you work up your own designs. I've used it to make several sweaters.

Jan in CA
02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Are you on Ravelry? I put in 'seamless' and then filtered for cardigan or pullover and got 10 pages of patterns.

Most of these are seamless as well.
http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/