PDA

View Full Version : Knit 2 Together felted slippers

hartleystudio
03-01-2009, 10:45 PM
This pattern is screwey! These were, by far, the ugliest things I have ever seen in my life before I felted them. My husband said "You are going to send Lisa THOSE?" Then the magic of felting happened and all was well!

My friend Lisa is having her millionth surgery on her jaw (at the age of 28!) in Dallas in a week and these are to keep her feet warm at the hospital. I told her that if I sent her flowers every time she had surgery I'd be broke so I usually just knit her something, I think these turned out really well!

KelseyRae
03-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Those are super cute!! I love the button!

They should be awesome for being stuck in the hospital with and the fun, bright colours will keep her spirits up I'm sure!

Jan in CA
03-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Those are so cute!!

Dimpledapple
03-02-2009, 01:58 AM
These are super cute! Very thoughtful of you, too :)

gotta knit
03-02-2009, 08:04 AM
How cute! Love the button detail.

Slim
03-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Oh, those are really cute! What a thoughtful gift.

AH1OZ
03-02-2009, 08:44 AM
those are cute

just out of curiosity...

do you have a pic of them unfelted?

hartleystudio
03-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh my gosh, no. They were so totally homely that I just couldn't bear it! I was so disappointed at how ugly they were that I just wanted to get them felted and get it over with! I was SHOCKED that they turned out nicely! If you look here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/house-slippers/people

Here are all the Ravelers that made the slippers and there are lots of people who posted pre felted pics, which are mostly just as homely as mine were. It's amazing what a little hot water and a bath towel will do!!! :teehee:

ritaw
03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I think they are adorable :) Lovely colour too!

dustinac
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
:yay: very cute, she will love them!

margz3
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Very nice! Amazing what felting or blocking can do to a project huh!

bambi
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow! Those are cute!

Bambi

MerigoldinWA
03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Those are just darling! Most of the clogs I see look masculine or neutral, but these are so feminine. Such a nice gift.

Debkcs
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
They are very cute, I'd love to make a pair for myself.

Give our best to Lisa, OK?

hartleystudio
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks, I'll tell her. This surgery is so horrible. It's such a sad story. She is a medical mystery with doctors from all across the US working on her, or not working on her as the case may be. Nothing is working to relieve her terrible pain and she has had a full jaw joint replacement! Her bone keeps growing back, they do surgery and it's horrible because she doesn't tolerate pain meds at all and she even got Staff last year. 6 months of IV antibiotics for 4 hours a day! Poor girl! I just don't know what to say to her anymore so we only talk about it when she wants to. AND she is a terrified flyer and has to fly all over the place for these surgeries and Dr. appts! Her surgery is a week from Wed, pray it's her last!!!!!

Thanks! :muah:

WandaT
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
The slippers turned out gorgeous!! LOVE them! What a sad story about your friend though. Here's wishing her good results for this surgery.

new_knitter
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Cute slippers! Great job and I love the button detail!

gwenbeads
03-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh my, those are wonderful. I would totally wear those. I really want to make myself some new slippers, and I think those are so fun and fantastic. Did you felt them before or after you added the buttons?

gwen

hartleystudio
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi:

The button goes on after you felt them. You do a small swatch of your yarn separately from the slippers, mine was about 4" x 6" and you felt that too and use it for embellishment. I did a small disc of felt under the button just for costrast.

The pattern is screwey so you will find yourself winging it, I did. I'm glad I didn't use the Monos yarn they called for. I used Patons and went a size up because the gauge is way off. There are hundreds of people on Ravelry who made them, it was really helpful to read their comments and see what yarn felted well and what didn't. I could have made these easily in a day if I didn't have kids hanging around! They are super fast!

GirlChris
03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Those are really adorable.

I'll keep your friend in my prayers

ArtLady1981
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/1.gifVERY VERY NICE! Love them to pieces!

hartleystudio
03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm so excited too, they arrived and they fit Lisa perfectly!!! She loves them and her husband was even positive I had bought them. I am taking that as a HUGE compliment from him, he thinks that the best things in life come from a store,...We knitters know that the best things in life come from a LYS!!!!! :roflhard:

Cynamar
03-08-2009, 01:39 AM
I love them! Where did you get the pattern?

Doublereeder2
03-08-2009, 02:05 AM
They look wonderfully cozy! What a lovely gift for your friend. She is lucky to have you :-)

hartleystudio
03-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Cynamar:

I got the pattern out of a book at the library. All the info is on my Ravelry page. Ravelry will even check to see if the book is at YOUR local library!!!

If your not on Ravelry, it's from "Knit to Together" and I can get you more info than that of you PM me....