PDA

View Full Version : Bernat Baby Jacquards

GinnyG
03-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I just love this yarn, as well as every pattern in the "Patty Cake" pattern book that uses all the Baby Jacquard yarn.

This is the third pattern from the book I have made, they are well written patterns and just adorable. I do think the sizes are a bit big however.

There are pants to match this top, haven't decided wheter to make them or not.

Slim
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh, how sweet! You did a beautiful job of matching the pattern on the sleeves. Lovely work.

ritaw
03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
It looks lovely Ginny ! I am actually knitting this at the moment . I have done the back and front and i have to start the sleeves . Mine is in a different colour.
I have to agree with you . The booklet is brilliant .

dustinac
03-03-2009, 09:42 AM
:inlove: very cute!

GinnyG
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
It looks lovely Ginny ! I am actually knitting this at the moment . I have done the back and front and i have to start the sleeves . Mine is in a different colour.
I have to agree with you . The booklet is brilliant .

Rita, what size are you knitting? Are you finding the size to be "big". "Next" time I think I would knit the skirt, to the armholes, in the round.

mimi
03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
I agree that the Baby Jacquard is lovely. I did the sundress for my 2 year old granddaughter, and next time I will knit it in the round from the hem up so there is no problem matching. On second thought, if I did that, then the pattern would be twice as narrow and might not look so good. Anyway, your dress came out just perfectly.

Ritaw inspired me several months ago, and I am glad I followed her lead.

ritaw
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Rita, what size are you knitting? Are you finding the size to be "big". "Next" time I think I would knit the skirt, to the armholes, in the round.

I am aslo doing the 6 months size . I think it is ok. . I think it looks big because it is flary . It is meant to hang loose , not fitted.
I will do the pants too when i have finished . Should look ok .
I just do not have a baby that big to try it on to see if they come up big .
The dress i made was a good fit . It was spot on for size .
I think it is a good idea to knit the skirt in the round . I do not see why it can't be done :)

gotta knit
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
That's so cute!
A little big in baby clothes shouldn't matter too much, they always grow out of things so fast.

Jan in CA
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Awww that is so cute! :yay:

mks22300
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Aww, it's adorable!

ritaw
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey Ginny ! I have a question .
The pattern states that this top needs 3 buttons . I have just done one sleeve and read through till the end and i cannot see where the buttons go .
Did you put buttons ? or have i missed something ?

GinnyG
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Now that you mention it, I do remember reading three buttons needed. But, NOPE no buttons here. I thought at the time that one shoulder might button but it doesn't.

When you get to the neckline it tells you to seam one shoulder, make the picot edge then seam the second shoulder. If I were doing this again I would seam BOTH shoulders and make the picot edging in the round, I think it would make for a nicer neckline.

The neck opening is large enough to pull over a babys head. I have no clue what the buttons are for!!

Debkcs
03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Ginny, it's adorable.

When we know what this next one is going to be, if it's a girl, I'll have to knit this one up.

Thanks.

sue in canada
03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
That is really cute. I love that yarn.

ritaw
03-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Now that you mention it, I do remember reading three buttons needed. But, NOPE no buttons here. I thought at the time that one shoulder might button but it doesn't.

When you get to the neckline it tells you to seam one shoulder, make the picot edge then seam the second shoulder. If I were doing this again I would seam BOTH shoulders and make the picot edging in the round, I think it would make for a nicer neckline.

The neck opening is large enough to pull over a babys head. I have no clue what the buttons are for!!

Thanks Ginny :) I started putting it together last night and it is looking great . Just have one sleeve to add and sew the side and the top will be done .
As long as i have not missed where the buttons go lol . I must have read the pattern 15 times yesterday to see if it was in there somewhere :rofl:

GinnyG
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM
hahahaha, I went home and read it again last night too. The 3 buttons are definately listed but then never mentioned again! Can't wait to see your FO!!!!!!!!!!

WandaT
03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
I love this! I have got to get this booklet!!

margz3
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
That is so sweet! I wish I had a baby (well a FRIEND with a baby) to knit it for!

GirlChris
03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
that's really cute, so pretty

ArtLady1981
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
This is just toooo cute! I LOVE IT TO PIECES! http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/1.gif

wezyus
03-08-2009, 01:59 PM
so cute , its lovely ..thnsk

MerigoldinWA
03-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Cute little top. Where did you pick up the Patty Cake pattern book?

Shandeh
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
What a sweet little dress!! I'm gonna DIE with cute overload!
:heart: :heart: :aww: :heart: :heart:

Knit4Pie
03-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Very cute!