PDA

View Full Version : "ch3, 1 DC into base on turning Ch"??

HeatherBunny
03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
What part is the "base"? The first chain stitch of the ch3? (This is the very beginning of the row, so the ch3 is like the 1st dc) Crochet patterns are more difficult to follow than knitting patterns ...
The whole row is:

Ch 3,1 DC into base on turning Ch, 1 DC into next stitch, Ch sp incr, DC into
next 2 stitches, Ch sp incr, DC into next 2 stitches, Ch sp incr,1 DC into next stitch,
2DC into top of turning Ch, turn

I don't get the "2DC into top of turning Ch" either. I'd appreciate someone's help :)

blueygh2
03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, I'll try.

Crochet patterns had me stumped QUITE some times as well, and the best way to figure out how it was done was to try things out.

So the way I understand it is that you ch3, then dc into the stitch before the first ch of ch3. That's just my understanding of it. It might as well mean to dc into the first ch of the ch3, but that makes less sense to me...

Then, for the 2dc into top of turning ch, well. When you arrive at the end of the row, you arrive at a turning chain. It forms some sort of "loop". Into that loop (or the last ch of the turning chain from one row below, the one we're talking about) you're doing 2 dc.

I hope that helps, and I hope it's correct.

HeatherBunny
03-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, that does help, thank you. And you're right, trying stuff out works out eventually, hehe. I'd been doing what you mentioned before I saw this post, but I still wasn't sure if it was right, so thanks for the input!

blueygh2
03-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Trying out stuff is easier than with knitting, since you can easily undo it and redo it differently, if it didn't turn out right.

I'm glad you found the solution to the problem.