PDA

View Full Version : Can it be fixed? (old baby blanket)

AngieLanigan
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I have a knitted baby blanket that was made for me by a great-aunt when I was born. It survived my childhood and my adulthood up until about a year ago, when my then-two-year-old-wild-child got a hold of it. By the time I discovered he'd somehow dragged it out of its storage chest at the back of the kids' closet, he'd done some damage to it. There are probably a dozen loops or more of yarn that somehow got pulled out from the blanket. I'm not sure how better to describe it. I can't see any broken strands of yarn anywhere, yet there are these long loops of yarn that seem to somehow have come undone from the knitting. I'm hoping someone here will have seen a similar issue and know what I mean, and maybe know if there's any hope for repair? Thanks!

Jan in CA
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Undone as in a dropped stitch? What is it made of? If it can be washed and dried it'll probably just pop back into shape.

suzeeq
03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
They've probably just gotten snagged, and you'll find several sts on either side of the loop that are teeny where the yarn pulled. You can take a small knitting needle or crochet hook and work the yarn back into the stitches

tourmaline
03-05-2009, 08:17 PM
My cat got a hold of the blanket that I'm currently knitting and pulled a bunch of loops out. I took a crotchet hook and pulled the loop back into the knitting on either side of where it was pulled. So one loop would then look like two smaller loops, then 2 even smaller loops etc. Now you can't see anything at all.