PDA

View Full Version : Felted Binder Cover

JuliaM
03-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm fairly new to knitting. I have a 3 ring binder that I keep my knitting patterns in. I would love to knit and felt a cover for it. Would anyone know of a pattern? I would appreciate any help in finding one.

Thanks!

Julia

Jan in CA
03-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Welcome to Knitting Help!
I've never seen one, but if I do I'll post it.

Mirl56
03-06-2009, 12:36 PM
http://knitting.about.com/od/homepatterns/p/fall_placemat.htm

I'm envisioning something like this placemat, just a rectangle big enough to cover the back, binding, front of a book. Maybe icord ties to hold it on. Or even add an extra 2-4" on each end so they can fold over the book covers and be whip-stitched at the top/bottom to hold it on. Just knit the piece big enough, once felted you can even cut it more to size.

JuliaM
03-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you so much for the responses. I'll try something like the placemat. After looking at some felting sites I think I may be able to come up with something. One listed some before and after sizes to help explain how much the item will reduce once it's felted. I'll experiment and see what I can come up with. It thought it just might be fun to have a unique cover for my knitting pattern book. I'll post a picture of the finished product once I get it figured out.

Once again, thanks! :)

Julia