PDA

View Full Version : My fault for bad hand

gingerbread
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Yesterday went to the doctors for my right hand. I had tried to put it off but, the hand hurt to much.

I have the two middle fingers which are triggers and the thumb. It is really bad to the point I can't knit for any length of time. Well I am at the point is going to be surgery great. The tendonitis is so bad that nothing I do now helps.

Word to the wise keep those hands and fingers loose and don't knit for real long periods of time. I think what caused it was my last lace project. The shawl came out beautiful and all but really messed up my hand. It was the small needles I think they are not fun holding onto.
The sad part is I love lace knitting I will just have to keep putting the projects down more often once I can knit again.

At least the doctor says it is a 90% for a full recovery of the tendonitis. Funny he asked if I would mind having a scar on my hand. I laughed and said no not at my age. Maybe take away some of the loose skin on the hands. He laughed at that one.

I can't wait for the surgery my fingers and thumb are that bad. The only thing I hate is I have to stop taking the aspirin the week before surgery. Not that it takes all the pain away but some of it.
I will be glad when this is over.

Sunshine's Mom
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM
:hug: Wishing you a fast recovery. I just know you'll be back to your lace in no time.

Songbirdy
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
oh! :hug:

Knit4Pie
03-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I wish you a fast recovery!

evona
03-06-2009, 01:59 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: Here's to a fast and full recovery :thumbsup:

saracidaltendencies
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
:hug: Hope you recover quickly!

Debkcs
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Teri, you may have to stop taking aspirin, but ask what else you can use during that time. Tylenol or something that doesn't cause bleeding should take the edge off.

I wish you the best so you can get back to your :knitting:

ladytruckdriver
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I hope you have a fast and full recovery.

gingerbread
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks everyone, I do heal fast but who knows. I won't be able to knit for awhile but at least my hand won't be in pain all the time. I am right handed of course that is the hand. At least I can type one handed. I will just read and see what everyone else is doing on here, with there knitting.

dustinac
03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
:hug::heart::hug:

Cynamar
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
At least you have your middle fingers! You can still express yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

divagirl
03-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Try working on the muscles of your right forearm with a little massage. If the muscles are looser they may not pull on the tendons so much. Hope it helps.