PDA

View Full Version : A bad morning

Knit4Pie
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Not for me, except for the worrying part, but still...

I had to bring my mom to the cardiology department at the hospital for tests this morning. She's been having a burning sensation in her chest for a week. I was nervous enough about that...

On the way to the hospital in the next town, we come to a place where there was an earlier accident. As I'm coming up on a car on it's side, I realize it's my stepmother's car! I couldn't stop, and even though she looked fine and my dad had arrived, I had worried for the 3+ hours until I was home and could get some news.

She was hit by a car going in the other direction because the driver lost control. There was a line of cars, but my stepmother was the car hit, then the other driver when on to hit another car. The reason my stepmother's car was on it's side, was that after being hit, one of the wheels reached the ditch and it tipped onto it's side. She said it was quite something to get out of the car!

She is fine, no injuries, although I told her she would probably feel it later!

evona
03-06-2009, 01:56 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: I hope your mother is doing ok and I'm glad your step-mother had no physical injuries. How strange to pass an accident and realize it was a relative's vehicle. That must have been frightening.

You're right, your step-mother will probably feel pain later on. Adrenaline and endorphins released to trigger our fight or flight mechanism kill initial pain. Hopefully nothing serious will come up later, but if it does she shouldn't hesitate to contact a doctor right away. Insurance companies like to close claims very quickly so as to avoid paying for injuries that reveal themselves later so please let her know not to feel pressure to settle her bodily injury claim fast. We have a client at work who was hit by an out of control vehicle too and the doctors didn't notice a hairline hip fracture for a week. He was able to walk but in great pain and he didn't even feel the hip pain for hours after he was released from the ER that first day. The pain kept getting worse and worse and he was walking less and less so he got referred to an orthopedic surgeon and for an MRI - the MRI caught the fracture. I guess it was so thin that ER doctors failed to pick it up on xrays??

Jan in CA
03-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Yikes! When it rains it pours! Hope everyone is okay! :hug:

saracidaltendencies
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
:hug: I hope everyone is alright!

Denise in Michigan
03-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Things can only get better!

melmac51
03-09-2009, 02:02 PM
...so tell us...how did your mother make out at the cardiologists?

PurlyGyrl
03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
:hug: to you :hug: to Mom:hug: to stepMom.

Knit4Pie
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Oh it was fine. Her problem wasn't with the heart, so there will be other tests to find out what's wrong.

lelvsdgs
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
:muah:

Simply_Renee
03-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Holy moly! That's a lot for one day! I hope they are both OK. My mom has had 2 heart attacks so I understand that concern thoroughly!

Woodi
12-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Oh wow, what a day you had! My complete sympathies. I hope you had a nice cuppa when you finally got to sit down and put your feet up. {HUGS}

svrart
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Looks like things are overwhelming at present. Try to get some rest. Things will improve.
SVR

Mokumegane
01-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah, hope the step-mom doesn't get whiplash and hope the mom just has heartburn or something... :: crosses fingers ::

Jan in CA
01-16-2011, 02:21 PM
How on earth do these old posts get pulled up. This one was originally posted 2 yrs ago. :??

Mokumegane
01-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Lol! Yeah... I saw it at the top... and it looks like someone recently posted to it before me. I have no clue. I should start checking the date on the beginning post, I swear...