PDA

View Full Version : How much to ask when selling...

ilex
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I have been making the fiber trends felted slipper clogs and have some people that want to buy them. I'm just wondering how much to sell them for, if anyone has any experience with this? I was going to ask $50 for the adult sizes and $30? for the kids...Thank you for any advice! :muah:

knitasha
03-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, somebody has to say this, so I might as well:
you can't legally sell products made from a copyrighted pattern unless you get permission from the designer/author.

The clogs were designed by Bev Galeskas. You should be able to reach her at fibertrends.com, or by mail at Fiber Trends, Box 7266, East Wenatchee, WA 98802.

If you do get permission, your prices sound on target to me.
Good luck.

ilex
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
well, shoot, I should have known that! Thank you, I will contact her asap!!

Kattra
03-08-2009, 08:51 AM
:knitting: What if what your thinking of selling did not some from a pattern but is some thing you made up using common knit stitches and some imagination?

tokmom
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I think this has been an ongoing question forever. I still don't understand it. If you buy a sewing pattern, you can make and sell. But not with knitting. :??

Jan in CA
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
There are many, many patterns that cannot be sold for profit. Always check the copyright info AND the designer.
http://www.geocities.com/jbtocker/copyright/copyrfaq4.html

tgwillis
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
With sewing patterns, you have to buy a separate pattern for each item you make and sell. So you can't reuse the pattern for profit. Just thought I would let everyone know.

suzeeq
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
If it's your own pattern and not someone else's you can do whatever you wish with them.

knitasha
03-08-2009, 10:25 PM
:knitting: What if what your thinking of selling did not some from a pattern but is some thing you made up using common knit stitches and some imagination?

Then it's fine. And if you write down a pattern or directions for the item you create, you automatically become the holder of the copyright.